Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #27161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts

I hate how, you ask for information on one fuqing bit of information for one college course, and suddenly for the next month you're getting calls about similar courses from all over the states. Most annoying thing

Old 07-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #27162
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7299 Times on 4239 Posts
Likes Given: 9403

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBarrelTac View Post
I hate how, you ask for information on one fuqing bit of information for one college course, and suddenly for the next month you're getting calls about similar courses from all over the states. Most annoying thing
Don't I know it! I filled out an inquiry into an HVAC class online. Since then I have been receiving calls on my cell phone from these recruitment services looking to place me with a school. The part that really pisses me off is that the bastards cannot speak English well enough for me to understand more than half of what they say.

Last one that called I said "You might want to look into some classes on English and take them yourself!"

Its been two days since the last call.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
buckhuntr Likes This 
Old 07-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #27163

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Don't I know it! I filled out an inquiry into an HVAC class online. Since then I have been receiving calls on my cell phone from these recruitment services looking to place me with a school. The part that really pisses me off is that the bastards cannot speak English well enough for me to understand more than half of what they say.

Last one that called I said "You might want to look into some classes on English and take them yourself!"

Its been two days since the last call.
Those are the kinds of places I give my land phone number to. My Cell phone number has limited distribution.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #27164

I don't even have a land phone so I have to depend on a cellphone. Considering getting a second one with minimum features for stuff like that now

Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #27165

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBarrelTac View Post
I don't even have a land phone so I have to depend on a cellphone. Considering getting a second one with minimum features for stuff like that now
It's probably cheaper to get a land phone. I call it my "business" phone because I don't conduct any business over my cell phone.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #27166

As I find myself becoming more independent of my wife I am using my cell phone more and more as both a business and personal phone. I have lots of friends who no longer have a land line. I may end up going that way myself.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 07-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #27167

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

It's probably cheaper to get a land phone. I call it my "business" phone because I don't conduct any business over my cell phone.
Yeah but the problem with land lines is you get a bunch of random businesses calling you, that's why I disabled mine

Old 07-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #27168

Liked 547 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Those are the kinds of places I give my land phone number to. My Cell phone number has limited distribution.
Make up a number.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #27169

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Make up a number.
Use one of those old timey numbers from the 50's!

"My number? WAterford 5150"

Quote:

Old 07-27-2013, 03:14 AM   #27170

Damn. I think my computer has a virus. Damn Anna-Purna! It probably happened when I was looking up a pic to post in the owl thread.

Quote:
Axxe55 Likes This