Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2714
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #27131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LongBarrelTac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 85
Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk
I'd rather read and do it right, then guess and break something. I pay way too much money for that truck to break something due to needing to feel "Manly"
There's probably a lever of sometime you pull on to detach the seat and get to the filter.
LongBarrelTac is offline  
MoHawk Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #27132
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 11,210
Liked 10414 Times on 5548 Posts
Likes Given: 22258

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBarrelTac

There's probably a lever of sometime you pull on to detach the seat and get to the filter.
Or a panel with some proprietary fastener that only dealers can open.
__________________
No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
MisterMcCool is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #27133
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post

Or a panel with some proprietary fastener that only dealers can open.
nothing stops homemade semtex. Plastique. C4. Whatever you wanna call it. I think once it's made in my kitchen, it's just called homemade.
trip286 is offline  
MoHawk Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #27134
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 11,210
Liked 10414 Times on 5548 Posts
Likes Given: 22258

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

nothing stops homemade semtex. Plastique. C4. Whatever you wanna call it. I think once it's made in my kitchen, it's just called homemade.
It sounds like a pretty fancy truck.
__________________
No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
MisterMcCool is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #27135
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 11,210
Liked 10414 Times on 5548 Posts
Likes Given: 22258

Default

I miss dango.
__________________
No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
MisterMcCool is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #27136
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LongBarrelTac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 85
Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts

Default

Drove two hours to a friends ranch to do some long range shooting. Realized I forgot to put the correct firing pin back in. Feeling pretty stupid haha. But he had some I can use
LongBarrelTac is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #27137
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I miss dango.
So do I.

On another note, I just shook hands with a man who's missing half his right thumb.

I have no problem with amputees. Why should I? That would be as silly as holding it against someone who's lost a few teeth along the way.

I still would've shaken hands with him if I'd noticed too. But I just didn't realize it until we were mid grasp. Then when I looked, it appeared his thumb had been freaking CHEWED off.

Not gonna lie. It sent a shiver down my spine. I think I hid my reaction pretty well though. Kinda the same reaction you get in a crowded place and your hand accidentally brushes another man's junk. Kind of a "recoil in horror" impulse.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #27138
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 11,210
Liked 10414 Times on 5548 Posts
Likes Given: 22258

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
On another note, I just shook hands with a man who's missing half his right thumb.
You do know dango was missing a few digits?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
it appeared his thumb had been freaking CHEWED off.
Where's Paul Harvey with the rest of the story? Self inflicted? Zombie?
__________________
No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
MisterMcCool is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #27139
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 986
Liked 230 Times on 142 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

So do I.

On another note, I just shook hands with a man who's missing half his right thumb.

I have no problem with amputees. Why should I? That would be as silly as holding it against someone who's lost a few teeth along the way.

I still would've shaken hands with him if I'd noticed too. But I just didn't realize it until we were mid grasp. Then when I looked, it appeared his thumb had been freaking CHEWED off.

Not gonna lie. It sent a shiver down my spine. I think I hid my reaction pretty well though. Kinda the same reaction you get in a crowded place and your hand accidentally brushes another man's junk. Kind of a "recoil in horror" impulse.
My best friend who does the same kind of work I do witnessed and assisted a drywall guy after he fell cut half his index finger and whole thumb off, he put his hand out to catch himself and it landed on a metal stud and the thin but ridged metal took that part of his hand right off, he says it looked like he severed the major blood vessels in his hand because he was pouring blood and went into shock pretty quick. He cut his shirt in half and tied his arm in a tourniquet and wrapped his hand and thumb/finger up together real tight and had the superintendent take him to the hospital,took 200 stitches to put all the tendons and veins and stuff and reattach it.

Pretty nasty,my buddy hates blood too but his mom is a veteran trauma nurse and taught Him a few things,guess it took pretty well. He said he remembered it all after his initial "holy f*** that just happened reaction"

Last edited by Jstrong; 07-25-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Jstrong is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #27140
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
You do know dango was missing a few digits?

Where's Paul Harvey with the rest of the story? Self inflicted? Zombie?
Oh yeah, I know. Like I said, that's no big deal. It's just when you look down and realize your holding one unexpectedly that looks like it was eaten. Thought I was gonna lose a finger a few times myself, the latest was last year, to a very badly infected burn.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 73 04-06-2016 09:15 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM