Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2702
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #27011
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8290 Times on 4955 Posts
Likes Given: 10736

I think soccer players are some of the most fit athletes in any game. They run for 90 minutes. And it takes skill to kick or head the ball where you want it to go.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #27012

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I think soccer players are some of the most fit athletes in any game. They run for 90 minutes. And it takes skill to kick or head the ball where you want it to go.
It really does. Most be football players are like oh you're a Pu**y if you play. But I got three of my football friends that said that try out and they all loved it. It is a contact sport. If you're not a little baby about being kicked it can get pretty fun.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #27013
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8290 Times on 4955 Posts
Likes Given: 10736

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
It really does. Most be football players are like oh you're a Pu**y if you play. But I got three of my football friends that said that try out and they all loved it. It is a contact sport. If you're not a little baby about being kicked it can get pretty fun.
And it's fun to watch. My son played one indoor soccer one winter season. At this particular facility there was no "out of bounds". They played the ball off the walls, the ceiling, etc. It was incredibly fun to watch. It was like a larger than life pinball game.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #27014

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Sue has played and likes soccer. But because of the way his visitation schedule works, he can't play down here. His mom was supposed to get him signed up for baseball (he loves it) and karate where she lives, but he ended up playing video games all summer.

I don't even mind, I have no tv or game system for him to play any games here.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #27015

Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts

Soccer is pretty dangerous. When I played there were definitely more broken bones, head injuries, etc than what the football team got. My favorite moments were probably when our goaly left his post and headed the ball all the way to the other goal and shot it in lol. Can't really get the ball when someone's bouncing it off their head, you make a mistake and kick someone in the face or headbutt them you can be out for the rest of the game lol.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #27016

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBarrelTac
Soccer is pretty dangerous. When I played there were definitely more broken bones, head injuries, etc than what the football team got. My favorite moments were probably when our goaly left his post and headed the ball all the way to the other goal and shot it in lol. Can't really get the ball when someone's bouncing it off their head, you make a mistake and kick someone in the face or headbutt them you can be out for the rest of the game lol.
That's funny lol I have had a few red cards in my day. The craziest thing I ever saw was my sweeper went to kick the ball same time the other player did and he kicks so damn hard he kicked the ball and I HEARD his shin split in half. I could see bone outside of his shin guard.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #27017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13

That's funny lol I have had a few red cards in my day. The craziest thing I ever saw was my sweeper went to kick the ball same time the other player did and he kicks so damn hard he kicked the ball and I HEARD his shin split in half. I could see bone outside of his shin guard.
Haha nice. I never really had the skill to do all the fancy juking and stuff but I could always just drive the ball forcefully and kick it all the way down the field since I'm 6'4" broad shouldered and most people that play soccer are shorter

Old 07-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #27018

Liked 2683 Times on 1748 Posts

My first soccer game: I'm in first grade, and they put me in fullback position. Here comes the other team, driving towards our goal. I proudly charge toward to intercept the kid getting ready to shoot. He shoots as hard as he can, and BAM, I take the ball square in the nose. I fall to the ground, crying my butt off, blood streaming over my lips. They didn't score, but that was the wrong way to stop a shot.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 07-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #27019

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBarrelTac

Haha nice. I never really had the skill to do all the fancy juking and stuff but I could always just drive the ball forcefully and kick it all the way down the field since I'm 6'4" broad shouldered and most people that play soccer are shorter
And I'm short so I had to learn the juking lol you were the guy I always wanted to hit. Get all the way down and bam it's all the way at the other goal

Old 07-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #27020

Yup XD sounds about right haha

I tried being a keeper for a few games, got fed up after getting kicked in the face over and over lol.