Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2700
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #26991
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21300 Times on 12085 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Unless it's a laptop..........
many laptops you can get replacements screens for too. sometimes it's still cheaper to just buy a new laptop, depending on how old it is though.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #26992

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

He's only 7. I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble.
He may only be 7, but I would be mad if that happened here at home. I'm LAUGHING though because it happened to HER!

I think the cheapest new computer I've seen is about $200-250. I don't have that kind of disposable income laying around at a moment's notice to replace crap over such silliness, and HE'S SMARTER THAN THAT. I've seen him stop and think, and reason things out on his own, many times. He's smarter than most average kids his age, but way less mature than most, even FOR that age. I blame it on his really crappy childhood, and can only hope I can make it better for him.

Last edited by trip286; 07-21-2013 at 10:56 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #26993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
No just the monitor. It's just a computer part. She can rebuild it... better than it was before... (Six Million Dollar Man)
Laptop. The screen costs more to replace than buyng a Wal-Mart special.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #26994

Quote:

Unless it's a laptop..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

many laptops you can get replacements screens for too. sometimes it's still cheaper to just buy a new laptop, depending on how old it is though.
Bingo! Ten characters.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #26995
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
He may only be 7, but I would be mad if that happened here at home. I'm LAUGHING though because it happened to HER!

I think the cheapest new computer I've seen is about $200-250. I don't have that kind of disposable income laying around at a moment's notice to replace crap over such silliness, and HE'S SMARTER THAN THAT. I've seen him stop and think, and reason things out on his own, many times. He's smarter than most average kids his age, but way less mature than most, even FOR that age. I blame it on his really crappy childhood, and can only hope I can make it better for him.
I think you already are!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 07-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #26996
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1807 Times on 1101 Posts
Likes Given: 2030

Quote:

Not so sure about the "way less" part. He is just 7. But he does know who actually takes care of him and who he has to go visit. And he probably understands what "has to" means. Factor that in when evaluating his actions.

You are making things better for him. And that's not just the opinion of your friends here at FTF. You had an antagonistic (pro-feminist) judge who came to the same conclusion! That's why you have primary custody and she gets some visitation, despite the judges normal pattern of decisions.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 07-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #26997

Well he wants to try football this fall too. Maybe he is starting to grow up a little.

I'm pretty anxious to see how he reacts the first time he gets hit real good. And I've explained to him in vivid detail that it IS a contact sport where people knock the piss out of each other. He is undeterred, so we shall see.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #26998

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Well he wants to try football this fall too. Maybe he is starting to grow up a little.

I'm pretty anxious to see how he reacts the first time he gets hit real good. And I've explained to him in vivid detail that it IS a contact sport where people knock the piss out of each other. He is undeterred, so we shall see.
He's your blood. He'll do good. Remember my first full contact hit. Got the ¥%¥<£ knocked out of me. Good hit.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #26999

Liked 704 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Alright! The original! Someone who appreciates the classics!
They knew how to make movies in those days. No fancy CG effects to bail out weak acting, like is common today.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #27000

Liked 704 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Quote:

Baseball players can make more, and have longer careers. And rarely get concussions. Just sayin'...

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

winds-of-change Likes This