Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2691
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #26901
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Insulating the attic is a great way to save on heating and cooling, you might also look into an automatic attic fan too if the roof configuration allows for it.
I'm not sure if it does. I would like one to vent the attic for sure. This ac system runs all day with it set at 73. Turns off when the sun goes down. I've got insulation about level with the rafters. It's blown in. I plan on getting some rolls of r38 or whatever it is and putting that down.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #26902

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I have done absolutely nothing all day but play on the computer. Should I feel guilty?
Here ya go. Ky hillbilly.

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 AM   #26903
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8892 Times on 5319 Posts
Likes Given: 11889

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
What was that about?

Old 07-18-2013, 03:27 AM   #26904

Quote:

What was that about?
Random truck thing

People Like This 
Old 07-18-2013, 03:31 AM   #26905
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8892 Times on 5319 Posts
Likes Given: 11889

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Random truck thing
When I see under the hood of a vehicle, it is the visual equivalent of this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_f0iImnfB8

I don't understand a thing I'm looking at.
People Like This 
Old 07-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #26906

Quote:

When I see under the hood of a vehicle, it is the visual equivalent of this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_f0iImnfB8

I don't understand a thing I'm looking at.
Lol, my old truck I've put money and love into. Makes loud nasty noises and makes me happy.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #26907

Liked 1340 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 663

Ok so the local news has been doing a story on pain pills , fort bragg and the army . I think it is very interesting and curious as to the chances of a person being branded like with PTSD ?
I take them everyday , I dont abuse , I have tried every everything minus them doing a fusion but I function normal with them , I dont walk around jacked up but I can very easily see where it can spin out of control .
I hear of folks snorting 2-3 80mg oxycotins , hell just a half of one would prob kill me .
Thats how the guy who stole all the batteries last yr died , he got out , went back to the pills and hit too hot of a dose .

Read a few of the reports and see what you guys think

http://www.wral.com/police-physicians-point-fingers-in-painkiller-epidemic/12676154/

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 07-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #26908
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Ok so the local news has been doing a story on pain pills , fort bragg and the army . I think it is very interesting and curious as to the chances of a person being branded like with PTSD ?
I take them everyday , I dont abuse , I have tried every everything minus them doing a fusion but I function normal with them , I dont walk around jacked up but I can very easily see where it can spin out of control .
I hear of folks snorting 2-3 80mg oxycotins , hell just a half of one would prob kill me .
Thats how the guy who stole all the batteries last yr died , he got out , went back to the pills and hit too hot of a dose .

http://www.wral.com/police-physicians-point-fingers-in-painkiller-epidemic/12676154/

There is a condition called Opioid-induced hyperalgsia, that I think too many doctors overlook.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opioid-induced_hyperalgesia

I happen to know someone that had this as they weren't getting relief with anything over time, including methadone. It builds up. Common sympton is you can't touch their skin without it hurting them. A month at Cleveland Clinic's pain program and they were off, almost completly pain free other than the base issue they were taking meds for in the first place. However, they were taught different pain management techniques and are doing well now.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #26909
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post

A couple of years ago I was looking at fusion surgery for 3 vertebrae for my back pain (several nuerosurgeons, two of whom teach nuero at Stanford all agreed that there was no option). I went a different direction though and was able to not only control the pain, but eliminate it entirely through diet, lifestyle and natureopathic treatments. Today I am pain free Iand totally drug free!!! (though I still do experience stiffness in the lower back it is a very minor inconvenience).

Of course you might have trouble eliminating some of the more strenuous activities that you engage in to be able to make some changes. I would venture a guess that the huge majority of your pain is caused by damage that you have done either knowingly or unwittingly.
People Like This 
Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #26910
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
A couple of years ago I was looking at fusion surgery for 3 vertebrae for my back pain (several nuerosurgeons, two of whom teach nuero at Stanford all agreed that there was no option). I went a different direction though and was able to not only control the pain, but eliminate it entirely through diet, lifestyle and natureopathic treatments. Today I am pain free Iand totally drug free!!! (though I still do experience stiffness in the lower back it is a very minor inconvenience).

Of course you might have trouble eliminating some of the more strenuous activities that you engage in to be able to make some changes. I would venture a guess that the huge majority of your pain is caused by damage that you have done either knowingly or unwittingly.
i can fully relate to that. i am at the point that surgery isn't an option, as it would not alleviate the pain and i would lose mobility in my back and neck, and would have to have more surgeries in another 4-6 years. mine is from degenerative disc disease and they discs are deteiorating, and the vertabrae are rubbing upon each other. the vertabrae in my neck are at a stage 4 condition and the ones in my lower back are at a stage 3.

i have been seeing a chiropractor now for almost two months twice a week. it's been helpful in helping deal with the pain. he's been quite honest in telling me that he can't fix or cure my spine problems, and won't be able to eliminate all the pain i am in, but will be able to at least reduce it to a tolerable level. it's the best i can hope for right now. but a lot of activities are now just not as possible as they were even a year ago.