Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #26881
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6944 Times on 4177 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Four days in house. Shed is dead, garbage dispoal is leaking and now the shower. The plumber has been called. Ugh
I have owned my own place ever since I moved out of my parent's home. I guarantee you the upkeep will suck you financially dry. And then there's the yard work, etc. It's not easy being a home owner unless you can do a lot of that work yourself.

I wish you the best of luck.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #26882
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8044 Times on 4640 Posts
Likes Given: 10380

The other day they just scraped a dude off the side of the local highway all the bikers use as their personal racetrack. I drove by as they were administering CPR. He just went off the side into a tree and done killed himself. Personally I wouldn't have wasted any time on CPR. Bastards deserve it IMO. I get pissed when they collect somebody else though, which happens too often.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #26883

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I have owned my own place ever since I moved out of my parent's home. I guarantee you the upkeep will suck you financially dry. And then there's the yard work, etc. It's not easy being a home owner unless you can do a lot of that work yourself.

I wish you the best of luck.

Beats the Hell out of flushing your money down the rental toilet though.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #26884
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6944 Times on 4177 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
The other day they just scraped a dude off the side of the local highway all the bikers use as their personal racetrack. I drove by as they were administering CPR. He just went off the side into a tree and done killed himself. Personally I wouldn't have wasted any time on CPR. Bastards deserve it IMO. I get pissed when they collect somebody else though, which happens too often.
Exactly..............

Old 07-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #26885
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
As a former medic, those people were good if they were wearing a helmet, as they could at least sometimes be salvaged as organ donors.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #26886

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
As a former medic, those people were good if they were wearing a helmet, as they could at least sometimes be salvaged as organ donors.
I agree with that. It should be a requirement for them to sign up as organ donors to get a motorcycle license. The dude the other day looked to be in pretty good shape (other than his being dead) so I imagine there would be a bountiful organ harvest off of him. He crashed just a few hundred yards from the field that is frequently used as a helipad by the medivac helicopters and Stanford Hospital is literally 5 minutes away by air.

Maybe I will start campaigning Stanford to send their Bloodmobile up to the local biker hangout at Alice's Restaurant where they can have sign-ups for organ donors. That would be perfect!!! There is even another helipad right near Alice's!

Quote:

Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #26887

Liked 493 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I oftentimes wear a helmet, but don't when its this hot. I'm glad I have the choice.
The wife and I are talking about moving to Florida. I like the option not to. But we compromised, and I said I'd wear one on the interstate.

I know proper bike gear could save my skin (literally) and I've been in more than one wreck (yes, from screwing around. I used to stunt semi-professionally and have wrecked more in a single day than most riders do their whole life). But I am willing to take my chances, at this point in my life at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Winds , 100 is not that fast on a bike ........

unless you fall off or hit a bug .

I am fine going straight , just been a bit shaky at intersections and curves

I've done 207. 100mph is not that fast.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #26888

Liked 1033 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Way I see it , if Burt Munroe and Evil Knievel never took chances nothing would have ever happened .

Plus 2 , with my handsome body mass , I double as my own safety chute

100mph is not fast , most only think it is since thats what the gov wants us to think .
Look at the speed limit over seas

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 07-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #26889
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20838 Times on 11848 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Way I see it , if Burt Munroe and Evil Knievel never took chances nothing would have ever happened .

Plus 2 , with my handsome body mass , I double as my own safety chute

100mph is not fast , most only think it is since thats what the gov wants us to think .
Look at the speed limit over seas
Mobile, i don't mean to sound critical, but some of your points are, in a way selfish. no 100+ miles an hour may not seem fast, but it's way too fast for public streets. Burt Munroe and Evil Knievel didn't do what they did on public streets. Munroe did his at the Bonneville Salt Flats, a closed course track. Knievel did his under carefully controlled conditions and still crashed sometimes.

what about if you crash into someone else at that speed and hurt or kill them? what if you are hurt or killed? what about your wife and kids? aren't they important enough to you, to not take foolish chances? what if you crash and are left a vegetable? who is going to take care of you? getting yourself killed isn't the worst thing that could happen. you could be left paralyzed, or a multiple amputee, or even a vegetable.

there is a time to decide to put away doing foolish stunts and look at things differently. i did after my last accident on a motorcycle. and i was on closed track riding motocross.
People Like This 
Old 07-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #26890

Liked 493 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 1621

Time for a final. Well, i opted out of the final, but I still have a quiz to master before i pass this class. Wish me luck..

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com
Axxe55 Likes This