Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2687
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #26861
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I have a BIL who is sure glad he was wearing his leathers and helmet one morning when a car pulled in front of him. Helmet had gouges from the pavement.
we use to call people that rode without helmets, possible organ donors.

without a helmet, and their noggin hits the pavement hard enough, they will more than likely be killed or end up a vegatable on life support. i am also realistic enough to know that a helmet may not save my life in an accident on a motorcycle, but do know it increases my chances of survival.
Axxe55 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #26862
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
we use to call people that rode without helmets, possible organ donors.
I just call them "donorcycles".

Quote:
without a helmet, and their noggin hits the pavement hard enough, they will more than likely be killed or end up a vegatable on life support. i am also realistic enough to know that a helmet may not save my life in an accident on a motorcycle, but do know it increases my chances of survival.
Yup. Exponentially.
Vikingdad is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:16 AM   #26863
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,333
Liked 2998 Times on 1950 Posts

Default

You can also increase your survival rate by not riding a motorcycle and driving a car. You can increase your survival rate by driving a truck instead of a car. You can wear a helmet in the truck to up your chances, correct?

Odds are we will never need a firearm to defend ourselves, but most of us have more than one.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #26864
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
You can also increase your survival rate by not riding a motorcycle and driving a car. You can increase your survival rate by driving a truck instead of a car. You can wear a helmet in the truck to up your chances, correct?

Odds are we will never need a firearm to defend ourselves, but most of us have more than one.
I drive a truck. No helmet.
Vikingdad is offline  
MoHawk Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:18 AM   #26865
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,333
Liked 2998 Times on 1950 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

I drive a truck. No helmet.
Crazy, man. Crazy. I know someone driving a pickup that was killed in an accident. He might have survived if he was wearing a helmet.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is online now  
MoHawk Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #26866
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 338
Liked 229 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Crazy, man. Crazy. I know someone driving a pickup that was killed in an accident. He might have survived if he was wearing a helmet.
I'm not sure if this is wonderful sarcasm, an actually tragedy, or a brilliant combination of both
thatonespot is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:25 AM   #26867
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,333
Liked 2998 Times on 1950 Posts

Default

I like to think its all of the above.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:32 AM   #26868
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
You can also increase your survival rate by not riding a motorcycle and driving a car. You can increase your survival rate by driving a truck instead of a car. You can wear a helmet in the truck to up your chances, correct?

Odds are we will never need a firearm to defend ourselves, but most of us have more than one.
i drive a truck and wear a helmet, and havemore than one firearm in that truck, JIC!
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #26869
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Crazy, man. Crazy. I know someone driving a pickup that was killed in an accident. He might have survived if he was wearing a helmet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatonespot View Post
I'm not sure if this is wonderful sarcasm, an actually tragedy, or a brilliant combination of both
years ago when driving wreckers at nights and weekends, i saw lots of vehicle accidents. that ranged from vehicle with very little apparent damage, that killed the occupants to some severely mangled and damaged to the point that recognizition wasn't even possible, but the occupants had minor if any injuries.

i worked many that were fatalities. many were extremely gruesome and bloody. if people were exposed to more of this as required conditions of getting a license, maybe, just maybe they would be more vigilant and attentive to their driving, instead of their cell phones and texting while driving.

it's been many years since i have worked an accident with fatalities, but i can still see every one of them in my mind, just as if they were yesterday.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #26870
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,797
Liked 1449 Times on 859 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
years ago when driving wreckers at nights and weekends, i saw lots of vehicle accidents. that ranged from vehicle with very little apparent damage, that killed the occupants to some severely mangled and damaged to the point that recognizition wasn't even possible, but the occupants had minor if any injuries.

i worked many that were fatalities. many were extremely gruesome and bloody. if people were exposed to more of this as required conditions of getting a license, maybe, just maybe they would be more vigilant and attentive to their driving, instead of their cell phones and texting while driving.

it's been many years since i have worked an accident with fatalities, but i can still see every one of them in my mind, just as if they were yesterday.
Was discussing this the other day, the newer cars lull you into a false sense of security. They require almost no effort to drive, everything is automatic and done for you. When I drive my '69 ford pickup, I actually have to drive it, it does nothing automatically and the front end design lets it follow the low spots in the road so I have to pay attention, can't text while I am driving it, can barely change radio stations.
F4U is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads