Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2686
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #26851
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Ahhh , fixed the bike , pushrod came out of adjustment by about 3/8 of inch
Nothing worse then a down bike. I went for a nice ride last night about midnight. When the temp was below 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 07-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #26852
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2990 Times on 1945 Posts

I oftentimes wear a helmet, but don't when its this hot. I'm glad I have the choice.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #26853
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I oftentimes wear a helmet, but don't when its this hot. I'm glad I have the choice.
One of my nephew's buddies had to have a various patches of skin including a nipple stitched back on after he messed up a wheelie when not dressed to ride...of course, he was just wearing flip-flops and swimming trunks. Damn that would hurt, a freakin nipple!
People Like This 
Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #26854

Liked 4568 Times on 2540 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post

Nothing worse then a down bike. I went for a nice ride last night about midnight. When the temp was below 95
If he believed that he wouldn't have bought a Harley
Quote:
I strongly believe the government should not legislate morality or intelligence...
Quote:

One of my nephew's buddies had to have a various patches of skin including a nipple stitched back on after he messed up a wheelie when not dressed to ride...of course, he was just wearing flip-flops and swimming trunks. Damn that would hurt, a freakin nipple!
All the gear all the time, there has been times when I know my riding gear has saved my hand, my leg, my toes, and more than one occasion that I was told I was lucky I was wearing a helmet.... I don't call it lucky.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
People Like This 
Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #26855
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2990 Times on 1945 Posts

Quote:

Yeah, that would smart a bit. Before I get an online lecture (I know you weren't gello) from someone on safety equipment, every motorcycle wreck I know of, except for one, was caused by screwing around. This includes alcohol, speeding, weaving in groups of bikes/ cars, etc. The "one" was a negligent semi driver not using his mirrors.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #26856
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Yeah, that would smart a bit. Before I get an online lecture (I know you weren't gello) from someone on safety equipment, every motorcycle wreck I know of, except for one, was caused by screwing around. This includes alcohol, speeding, weaving in groups of bikes/ cars, etc. The "one" was a negligent semi driver not using his mirrors.
I had a buddy slide his old Yamaha 1100/4 due to maintenance failure, bad front brake; otherwise, yep, all driver or other driver screw-ups that I know of.

I don't ride anymore, but I was all about some slide protection when I did. I slid down some wet, new asphalt one afternoon as a youngster with a 80cc scooter on my leg. The nice new smoooooth and wet asphalt sanded away a strip of my jeans all down my leg and shaved the hair off but spared my skin; I figured that was my one freebie shot to heck.

Ride in such a way as YOU feel safe Primer1. I doubt anybody else will have any skin in the game.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #26857
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3344 Times on 2020 Posts
Likes Given: 3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Ahhh , fixed the bike , pushrod came out of adjustment by about 3/8 of inch
And so, as the diligent mechanic that you are, you were forced to give it a thorough test ride after repairing it. Thorough as in, touring all 50 states...

EDIT: And yes, I did include Hawaii just for you Mobile. I figure you might try to use that as your excuse why the bike isn't quite ready to be returned yet!

Quote:
Ride in such a way as YOU feel safe Primer1. I doubt anybody else will have any skin LEFT in the game.
There, fixed it for ya!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Last edited by Balota; 07-16-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #26858
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
My Chihuahua, Penny, jumps at the ice dispenser and chases ice cubes. Then ignores them so they melt. I always find them with clean socks.
well Sparky has his playmate, Lil Bit our chihuahua. they aggravate each other and try and steal toys from each other!
dogs-001-012.jpg   dogs-001-019.jpg  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-17-2013, 02:11 AM   #26859
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 998 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 1876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
If he believed that he wouldn't have bought a Harley

I strongly believe the government should not legislate morality or intelligence...

All the gear all the time, there has been times when I know my riding gear has saved my hand, my leg, my toes, and more than one occasion that I was told I was lucky I was wearing a helmet.... I don't call it lucky.
I have a BIL who is sure glad he was wearing his leathers and helmet one morning when a car pulled in front of him. Helmet had gouges from the pavement.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #26860
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1447 Times on 858 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Thought I had a leak where the exhaust comes out of the head. Turned out to be a blown head gasket. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend if I can get the parts in time.