Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #26801
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 564 Times on 352 Posts
Likes Given: 1518

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo View Post
Pretty scary.
What's wrong with the goats? Just went through a period of vomiting with mine, actual vomiting, not regurgitation. With all the rain we've had in CT, had some mushrooms growing in the pasture and they got to them before I found them. Guess they liked them going down but coming back up wasn't pleasant.
We bought these goats July 5th, 3 Nubian doelings approx 2-3 months old. We thought they looked a little skinny, but not having any previous experience with the breed, we bought them anyway. They were fine most of the week, then Friday after work the smallest was very weak with scours. So yesterday we found a vet who was open and would see goats, so we hauled them to the other side of Tulsa (45 min drive). Diagnosis turned out to be a severe cocci infection plus a huge worm load. Folks we bought them from had NEVER wormed or medicated them for anything!

Got a dose of meds for each condition for each goat, and spent the afternoon trying to get them hydrated (they were so anemic from the parasites that the vet didn't even try to draw blood, saying they needed every drop they had. The smallest doeling died about 6 PM last evening.

Other two were looking weak last night but a little perkier this morning. Hopefully they will pull through.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #26802
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 248 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Good luck. We lost a kid a couple years ago within about a week of it being born, pretty tough on the human kids. If you haven't seen them before, check out Hoegger farmyard. They have a gel that does wonders for sours, I think it was Probios, concentrated probiotics.

http://hoeggerfarmyard.com/

Real dogs drool!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #26803
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6130 Times on 3715 Posts
Likes Given: 6960

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo View Post
Just went through a period of vomiting with mine, actual vomiting, not regurgitation.

What?! You vomit with your goats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
We bought these goats July 5th, 3 Nubian doelings approx 2-3 months old. We thought they looked a little skinny, but not having any previous experience with the breed, we bought them anyway. They were fine most of the week, then Friday after work the smallest was very weak with scours. So yesterday we found a vet who was open and would see goats, so we hauled them to the other side of Tulsa (45 min drive). Diagnosis turned out to be a severe cocci infection plus a huge worm load. Folks we bought them from had NEVER wormed or medicated them for anything!

Got a dose of meds for each condition for each goat, and spent the afternoon trying to get them hydrated (they were so anemic from the parasites that the vet didn't even try to draw blood, saying they needed every drop they had. The smallest doeling died about 6 PM last evening.

Other two were looking weak last night but a little perkier this morning. Hopefully they will pull through.
I hope they pull through, too. It's tough losing any 'pets'. I'm betting the other two will pull through. Keep us posted.
When my sister's cows were having calves, she always had a remedy for scours on hand. It could take them fast.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #26804
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 787 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Sweet,sweet Summer rain!.......

Yesterday was 103 without a cloud...jeans and towels took 20 minutes on the line to dry!
Woke up to rain and has not stopped all day! I think we may have hit 77 today!
Unreal....if it were like this al the time I would live here!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

People Like This 
Old 07-15-2013, 03:00 AM   #26805
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Sold my truck, $850 isn't too bad considering the work it needed.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 07-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #26806
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1771 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Congratulations! So what's your plan for new wheels?

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 07-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #26807
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6130 Times on 3715 Posts
Likes Given: 6960

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS. What are you going to get next?

Old 07-15-2013, 03:57 AM   #26808
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1771 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
congratulations. What are you going to get next?
Cool GMTA.....

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 07-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #26809
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Congratulations! So what's your plan for new wheels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
CONGRATULATIONS. What are you going to get next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Cool GMTA.....
haha, for now my parents are being nice enough to let me borrow their old truck but just while I'm in school. I'm kind of hoping my little sister is going to be wanting to sell her little Cavalier in the next couple of weeks so I can buy it from her. I probably won't get another truck for awhile unless I can find a little Toyota with a 22R or RE for a good price which rarely happens around here, they're in demand, especially the 4WD trucks which is why I think it was so easy to sell mine even with the liquid cooled exhaust.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #26810
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 263 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
haha, for now my parents are being nice enough to let me borrow their old truck but just while I'm in school. I'm kind of hoping my little sister is going to be wanting to sell her little Cavalier in the next couple of weeks so I can buy it from her. I probably won't get another truck for awhile unless I can find a little Toyota with a 22R or RE for a good price which rarely happens around here, they're in demand, especially the 4WD trucks which is why I think it was so easy to sell mine even with the liquid cooled exhaust.
Ouch. Head gasket?

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ