Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #26791
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6095 Times on 3343 Posts
Likes Given: 11685

Passive aggressive.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #26792
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20044 Times on 11397 Posts
Likes Given: 50569

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Passive aggressive.
Sweet revenge!

plus the guy is a cheapskate and wants a discount on just about every thing he rents because he had some problem with it. 95% of the time, we never find any problems with the equipment! and no one else had any problems either. well this time there isn't going to be any discount.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #26793

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

Uhhg , met a guy from GA in VA to look at a mastercraft ski boat the marina had listed for 32,500.00 . I get there 1st and the boat has not even been detailed and has a laundry list full of little nick pick b/s that is wrong or it needs and the guy was still willing to pay 32k for it .
Why did you even call me ?
Whats it like to have that kind of money ?
Can I have some ?

I hate going to other shops for inspections and yes ......its still raining

If I am going to spend that kind of money it better either make me money or be able to live in it

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 07-14-2013, 04:29 AM   #26794

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

Just got the ol' adrenaline pumping! Wife and I went out a few minutes ago to check on two sick goats and before coming back in the house, she checked on the turkey hen who's setting a clutch of eggs in a ragweed patch (they never want to lay where it's easy to protect). A few eggs were rolled out of the nest, which was odd, since this hen was very diligent about keeping them all covered. Wife started to slip an egg back in the nest, when the hen hissed and stod up, Wife jumps back saying "snake in the nest!", she takes her walking stick and flips the snake into the grass (almost hitting me with it, and it starts slithering away. She had her hand just inches from this thing, if it had not been trying to swallow a turkey egg, we might be headed to the ER right now.

I tell her to keep it in sight while I went for a gun (I know, I should have had it on me already, there's been a recent mountain lion attack in this county), coming back with the Ruger 10-22 she says it's under the truck, so I go back for the keys.

Toss Wife the keys, she backs the truck out, I get a good look at the snake - it's a copperhead! PopPopPopPopPopPopPopPop PopPop. Got the sumbitch, it's almost in two pieces. Guesstimated to be about 4' or slightly longer.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

orangello Likes This 
Old 07-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #26795
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1105 Times on 719 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Just got the ol' adrenaline pumping! Wife and I went out a few minutes ago to check on two sick goats and before coming back in the house, she checked on the turkey hen who's setting a clutch of eggs in a ragweed patch (they never want to lay where it's easy to protect). A few eggs were rolled out of the nest, which was odd, since this hen was very diligent about keeping them all covered. Wife started to slip an egg back in the nest, when the hen hissed and stod up, Wife jumps back saying "snake in the nest!", she takes her walking stick and flips the snake into the grass (almost hitting me with it, and it starts slithering away. She had her hand just inches from this thing, if it had not been trying to swallow a turkey egg, we might be headed to the ER right now.

I tell her to keep it in sight while I went for a gun (I know, I should have had it on me already, there's been a recent mountain lion attack in this county), coming back with the Ruger 10-22 she says it's under the truck, so I go back for the keys.

Toss Wife the keys, she backs the truck out, I get a good look at the snake - it's a copperhead! PopPopPopPopPopPopPopPop PopPop. Got the sumbitch, it's almost in two pieces. Guesstimated to be about 4' or slightly longer.
Scary, glad I don't have to contend with many poisonous snakes around here
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #26796
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6761 Times on 4085 Posts
Likes Given: 8093

Quote:

The snake was under the sitting hen?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #26797

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
The snake was under the sitting hen?
Aye. We found out earlier this year that snakes can and will steal eggs right out from under chicken hens. Very frustrating when said eggs were purchased specifically for hatching.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #26798
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr

Pretty scary.
What's wrong with the goats? Just went through a period of vomiting with mine, actual vomiting, not regurgitation. With all the rain we've had in CT, had some mushrooms growing in the pasture and they got to them before I found them. Guess they liked them going down but coming back up wasn't pleasant.

Real dogs drool!

Old 07-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #26799
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:

Had a similar experience from the hen's perspective. Boy Scout campout. I had gone to bed early. I hear some commotion outside my tent that wakes me up just after I had gotten to sleep. I start to open the front of the tent to tell the guys to keep it down. There's the Scoutmaster standing in front of my tent with a trenching tool overhead and just starting to hack. He brings the thing down about 2 inches in front of my tent.

Copperhead was crawling out from under my tent. Took a while to get back to sleep after that!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 07-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #26800
Yep, it was as good as you could imagine
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 116 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Poor Balota. See if he was always equipped with some dynamite, like Pengie, he wouldn't have those problems!