Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2666
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 05:35 AM   #26651
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 379 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
How awful. I'm glad you found your cat, though. Where are you staying?
luckily our landlord had another vacancy she hadn't yet advertised & offered it to us. so we were only homeless for about 24 hours. a couple of the other tenants won't be able to move back for about 2 months from the sounds of things, we really lucked out in a lot of respects.

apparently when the stupid drunk lady realized she started a fire, she decided to run to the closest gas station (a block away) to use their phone, since she apparently doesn't have one. in her mind that seemed the logical thing to do instead of either grabbing the fire extinguisher in the hall, notifying the other tenants that were actually home that the building was on fire, or flagging someone down in the street which would've been easy since we live(d) on a fairly busy road.

there is one thing about all this that makes me feel better though, apparently today as the landlords & a couple other tenants were getting stuff out, drunk lady came back & had words with the people there which I guess included threatening the landlords. they called the cops & when the police arrived she took a swing at one of them. she will have a nice place to stay for now in our county jail, & that makes me smile

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Last edited by donthav1; 07-07-2013 at 05:43 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #26652
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
luckily our landlord had another vacancy she hadn't yet advertised & offered it to us. so we were only homeless for about 24 hours. a couple of the other tenants won't be able to move back for about 2 months from the sounds of things, we really lucked out in a lot of respects.

apparently when the stupid drunk lady realized she started a fire, she decided to run to the closest gas station (a block away) to use their phone, since she apparently doesn't have one. in her mind that seemed the logical thing to do instead of either grabbing the fire extinguisher in the hall, notifying the other tenants that were actually home that the building was on fire, or flagging someone down in the street which would've been easy since we live(d) on a fairly busy road.

there is one thing about all this that makes me feel better though, apparently today as the landlords & a couple other tenants were getting stuff out, drunk lady came back & had words with the people there which I guess included threatening the landlords. they called the cops & when the police, arrived she took a swing at one of them. she will have a nice place to stay for now in our county jail, & that makes me smile
glad it's all working out. well at least the drunk lady will be out of the way for a little while anyways. got a feeling the landlords will probably cancel her lease!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #26653
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8700 Times on 5031 Posts
Likes Given: 11304

Quote:

there is one thing about all this that makes me feel better though, apparently today as the landlords & a couple other tenants were getting stuff out, drunk lady came back & had words with the people there which I guess included threatening the landlords. they called the cops & when the police arrived she took a swing at one of them. she will have a nice place to stay for now in our county jail, & that makes me smile
Or maybe pull the fire alarm in the hall? I don't know about ND but here in CA the are required in all multi-family dwellings such as apartment buildings.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:12 AM   #26654

Liked 379 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 6

the building is at least 40 years old, no sprinklers, no central fire alarm. there isn't a requirement in the state to retro-fit old buildings.

I am amazed at what a couple layers of 5/8" sheetrock will do, looking at her place & then looking at ours, you never would've guessed we shared a wall. Her apartment is a complete loss, fire started on the stove & melted her computer, printer, & tv in the living room, melted some of the cheap plastic tiles in the bathroom, and blew out a couple windows. these aren't large apartments by any means but to get that kinda heat damage in hers & no heat damage in ours is just amazing

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

People Like This 
Old 07-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #26655

Quote:
the building is at least 40 years old, no sprinklers, no central fire alarm. there isn't a requirement in the state to retro-fit old buildings.

I am amazed at what a couple layers of 5/8" sheetrock will do, looking at her place & then looking at ours, you never would've guessed we shared a wall. Her apartment is a complete loss, fire started on the stove & melted her computer, printer, & tv in the living room, melted some of the cheap plastic tiles in the bathroom, and blew out a couple windows. these aren't large apartments by any means but to get that kinda heat damage in hers & no heat damage in ours is just amazing
sheetrock isn't fireproof, but it's fire resistant. very effective at containing fire if done properly.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #26656

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Well I got a car today, it was no Challenger but then again with my new job working with kids, I wouldn't want them riding in it, I would rat.her get one for a "cruise" car plus I can save up and get the spending RT version with the V8 if I buy one in a few years.

I got a 2013 Nissan Sentra, USED because a lady had it for 10 days and there was 500 miles on it. It does have the basic package with single disc cd player, auxiliary plug, AC, and it's an automatic but I would have had to spend roughly $7k more for a new one with the back up camera and touch screen and Sirius radio. I think down the road I may just have one installed for a few hundred.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #26657
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7650 Times on 4597 Posts
Likes Given: 9567

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
Well I got a car today, it was no Challenger but then again with my new job working with kids, I wouldn't want them riding in it, I would rat.her get one for a "cruise" car plus I can save up and get the spending RT version with the V8 if I buy one in a few years.

I got a 2013 Nissan Sentra, USED because a lady had it for 10 days and there was 500 miles on it. It does have the basic package with single disc cd player, auxiliary plug, AC, and it's an automatic but I would have had to spend roughly $7k more for a new one with the back up camera and touch screen and Sirius radio. I think down the road I may just have one installed for a few hundred.
Good deal. Enjoy that new car.
jeffm Likes This 
Old 07-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #26658
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 799 Times on 492 Posts
Likes Given: 1799

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Good deal. Enjoy that new car.
New cars are fun. Then they get scratched....

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

jeffm Likes This 
Old 07-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #26659

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post

well it's practically brand new! nice score Jeff! Nissan makes very good vehicles. i have had a couple of Nissan trucks over the years and was very happy with them. congrats to you.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #26660
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7650 Times on 4597 Posts
Likes Given: 9567

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
New cars are fun. Then they get scratched....
Not much of a problem for me. Only once have a bought a brand new car. I usually buy used cars. They come pre-scratched to save me the heartache of that first scratch.
People Like This