Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2660
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 05:44 AM   #26591
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8590 Times on 4962 Posts
Likes Given: 11152

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I ought to give you a 3 day vacation for posting that picture.
Aw come on! I thought you liked the fellas showing their stuff!

Quote:
The young folks at the party I was at today went to the Chicago Pride parade. I looked at the pictures on their cell phones. I couldn't stop laughing. But..........they all had clothes on. It seems like the more flamboyant the more they liked posing for pictures. ROFLMAO
I found my old phone with some doozies on it but I can't get them off of it. Dead battery and no service. That was from back when we would be waiting for the festivities to end and watching the crowds disperse waiting to go in and start taking things down. These days we get started later after everybody is gone and we get done earlier! Fewer fruitcakes that way. Just wait until September 29th for the Folsom Street fair. We set up starting at 01:00 Sunday morning and take it down starting at 06:30 the same day. There is no avoiding the lunatics there. I don't do Bay of Pigs or Up Your Alley. Those are worse.

Quote:
I went to a get together at my son's in-laws. I had a great time with some very fun people. Lots of good food, great conversations, lots of laughs. The father-in-law is a gun owner and we always discuss the conceal carry situation here in Illinois and have gun discussions in general. They also can't stop talking about my ex-husband. He was in Jamaica with us for my son's wedding. The running joke is, "Twenty four of us went to Jamaica and twenty three of us had a good time."

It was a good evening. Except I forgot to bring my swim suit.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #26592

Quote:
Looking at this slide show made me get knots in my stomach.

http://photos.msn.com/slideshow/weather/photos-from-death-defying-heights/23vxa8dv#1
Cool! I like what some of them are wearing- like they are going out to lunch or something.

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #26593
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1156 Times on 835 Posts
Likes Given: 589

I am almost broken hearted over my tv , the 2 items that I really take care of , my nice refrigerator and my former nice big tv .
Tv shopping tonight

Mower = still stuck , imma leave it till the grass needs mowing again then i will worry about it .
WINDS , its not really one of those throw away mowers

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #26594
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7425 Times on 4465 Posts
Likes Given: 9182

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
imma leave it till the grass needs mowing again then i will worry about it .
WINDS , its not really one of those throw away mowers
I know, MM. It was my weak attempt at humour. I'm sorry. I know it's not really something to laugh at.

Can you hook a long chain to it and pull it out?

Old 07-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #26595

Prob will take the dingo home and yank her fat ass out , hope I can get it stuck too , I need to grade the drive.......... OH WAIT THATS RIGHT
I DONT HAVE A PFUGGING BUCKET ! SOME DIP*HIT STOLE IT FOR SCRAP METAL

So far as the tv goes , its not everyday you get to target practice on a 60 in plasma tv
going to plug it in first , the plasmas have one hell of power supply , should make a nice spark when hit just right

I also have the following movies links

The internship / not seen yet
Superman / Gay
The end is here / very very funny , very very rated R
Olympus has fallen / Very good
WW Z / very good
Monsters U / watched 4 times already

but I dont have a big tv to watch them on , on the way home the other night mad as hell bout the tv that song '' He's Mine '' came on and it saved my son from an whippin , then he came running outside when I pulled up and said
I sowwy daddy
cant be mad at that

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Last edited by MobileMarine; 07-05-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #26596
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

MM, break out the towstraps and the winch man, and stand clear.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #26597

Quote:
Prob will take the dingo home and yank her fat ass out , hope I can get it stuck too , I need to grade the drive.......... OH WAIT THATS RIGHT
I DONT HAVE A PFUGGING BUCKET ! SOME DIP*HIT STOLE IT FOR SCRAP METAL

So far as the tv goes , its not everyday you get to target practice on a 60 in plasma tv
going to plug it in first , the plasmas have one hell of power supply , should make a nice spark when hit just right

I also have the following movies links

The internship / not seen yet
Superman / Gay
The end is here / very very funny , very very rated R
Olympus has fallen / Very good
WW Z / very good
Monsters U / watched 4 times already

but I dont have a big tv to watch them on , on the way home the other night mad as hell bout the tv that song '' He's Mine '' came on and it saved my son from an whippin , then he came running outside when I pulled up and said
I sowwy daddy
cant be mad at that
Moblile,
It will take some sacrifice but here is what I would do. Leave the big screen exactly where it is. If you absolutely must have a TV (I don't) then get one to put in your bedroom or another place where it can be "off limits" to the kids.

Having that broken big screen in the living room where your son has to see the damage he did every time he walks through that room, and add to that the fact the he can't watch anything on TV because he broke it and in a month or two (it doesn't take long when they are at that age) he will have learned a lesson that you would be missing out on if you just replace it immediately. Let him live the pain of his mistake. Make it leave an indelible memory.

If you can tough it out let it stay there until Christmas when Santa can bring the whole Family a new TV set so that the whole family won't have to suffer for your son's mistake any longer. That way you are not replacing it (because you cannot afford to- make sure he knows that piece of the puzzle), Santa is doing it.

See what I'm saying?

Quote:
People Like This 
Old 07-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #26598

no taking the tv out of his room would really teach him a lesson , he HAS to have it when going to bed .
And no , one of very few luxuries is going home , relaxing and watching tv , I have a little 20in hung up but it has no remote and it just looks pitiful .
I cant afford another big boy but I think I can swing a 45in or so then I will buy some TV ARMOR and whip his ass if he even gets near it , I know he did not mean to , hell I shot dads tv with a bb gun back when and never hurt it , he taps it with his fishing pole and spiders the glass dead center .

They have already put a small dent in my fridge door , nice new smooth finish GE with freezer on bottom .
lesson fo the day is , if you have kids , you cant have chit !

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #26599

Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I just ate a peanut butter Pop-tart. It's was pretty good. This is coming from someone who generally doesn't care for Pop-tarts.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #26600
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
...lesson fo the day is , if you have kids , you cant have chit !
Nope, not even that; I had a roommate who was in training to be a Methodist minister in college. Poor guy helped at a youth camp, a religious youth camp, (when the kids from the church he was ministering at went to that camp, the church sent along staffers) and had a group of kids get into a fight with their own fecal matter while a few of them were in the outhouse. He said it was a real throw-down and required a lot of hosing down and scrubbing, and not just of the kids involved.

I would make a sprinklers vs. dunkers joke, but it might offend some people.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

texaswoodworker Likes This