Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2648
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #26471
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

random thought. drain ALL the WATER out of the water heater before you remove the heating elements!

there was sediment in the bottom, and even though i had a hose hooked up to drain it, it was stopped up. found this out the wet way!

well at least i'll be able to take a hot shower in a couple of hours!

Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #26472
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1172 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
random thought. drain ALL the WATER out of the water heater before you remove the heating elements!

there was sediment in the bottom, and even though i had a hose hooked up to drain it, it was stopped up. found this out the wet way!

Awesome!
I managed a bunch of apartments in East TX years ago and got REAL good at changing elements and tanks. It's one of those things you would never get 'good' at without repetition.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #26473

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
Awesome!
I managed a bunch of apartments in East TX years ago and got REAL good at changing elements and tanks. It's one of those things you would never get 'good' at without repetition.
well i hope to never have to get good at it! but i never claimed to be a plumber anyways. but i now have another tool to add into tools to work with. a socket made for changing out the heating elements. got the elements and the socket at Lowes. the other day i thought i'd have to order them online. but an appliance repairman told me to check out the water heater repair parts section at Lowes, and they had the ones i needed. so glad too.

BTW, what part of East Texas?

Old 06-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #26474

Liked 1342 Times on 965 Posts
Likes Given: 664

I put one in when i bought the house and had to re-wire it all the way back to the box . Being a 2xwide they take certain heater and they are more $$$$ I could have got away with a normal one but I would have to do some plumbing , that one lasted bout 5yrs and it had a very slow leak which in turn ruined the floor in a room i never used at the time . On my second one now with a new floor
I always replace the thermostat when doing elements and they make a lot of different ones so far as wattage goes .

Really not hard to do so long as you can get to it and get it drained

speaking of water heaters , i need a junk one to pull a mythbusters on , it looks more fun that 10lbs of tannerite , we have a junk tour bus here with a detroit 8v92 that would be prime for a water heater explosion or 20lb of tanny

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #26475

Liked 4570 Times on 2541 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
If they are truly wild, yes, I would shoot them. Why wait until its too late and someones pet or kid gets hurt or killed?

Groundhogs (woodchucks) are targets I don't eat. Destructive little boogers can ruin a foundation, break tractor axles, and wipe out lots of crops in a season. My dog and I got over 150 in two years a while back, and that was just on one property. Didn't eat any of em and didn't lose any sleep over it.

And yeah, pets deserve a burial.
What about trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
random thought. i wonder how Trip and Cinder are doing? it's been a few days at least since they posted. hope they are doing alright.
We had a lot of fun but didn't have a lot of time to spend together so we just kind of blocked out the rest of the world.

Quote:

that's what they look like to me as well. maybe even some sort of wolf hybrid breed. most coyotes in our area seem to get about 40-45 lbs. and are pretty close to looking more like a fox than a wolf. ours look pretty much like this here in East Texas.
They'll pay you to shoot coyotes in Utah, at least they did last I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

They are doing fine. I've PM'd Trip. He headed for home yesterday. They've been camping. (yuck)

That's what the coyotes here in Illinois look like, too.
He made it home. I love camping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Offically a home owner. Can't wait to get off the boat.
Awesome, congratulations!

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #26476
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:

I'd like a cool shower about now. Pushing 105 in the sun. 90+ in the shade.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #26477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I'd like a cool shower about now. Pushing 105 in the sun. 90+ in the shade.
i took one this morning, very fast!

replaced the elements, but it still tripped the breaker after about an hour and a half. so i turned the thermostats down from about 140 degrees to about 120 degrees. so far so good.

showing about 102 degrees here even at almost 7:30.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #26478

Well 99% of the boats here are ready to rock out and I have all the parts in or fixed for the boats at the Lake which I foresee I will be at tomar .
It rough but in the end I love the big holiday boat rushes , A 1 man show can somehow knock out 10-12 boats with moderate problems right before the 4th and everyone is happy but just a little bit poorer

Hope to get the harley back on the road sunday , I skipped cams for right now but I got a new clutch to put in and flywheel magnets to expoxy back in

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-29-2013, 12:36 AM   #26479
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3000 Times on 1952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Offically a home owner. Can't wait to get off the boat.
Congrats. I'd rather own a sh!??% house than rent a nice one.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #26480

Need to severely and very very slowly torture this sick piece of $hit !
Oh what I would not give to catch someone treating a child like that , I would take the jail time just to give him both barrels to the head after I do things to him that would make satan sick to his stomach .
Left a 14 month old alone ....... for 12hrs ....... while he was at work
WTF !!!!
http://www.wral.com/starvation-neglect-led-to-boy-s-death-autopsy-says/12579866/

People Like This