Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2641
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #26401
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8709 Times on 5035 Posts
Likes Given: 11320

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
While I was on vacation, my cat, Twitch, disappeared. The pet sitter fed him Monday, June 3rd then let him out. I never saw him again. It's sad, but sometimes it happens to cats that come and go from the house. So, today I come home from work and open the back door to go in the house. From out of the house burst Twitch. He runs to the driveway and sits down. We stare at each other for almost a minute. I don't know where the heck he's been for almost three weeks. He never came when I fed canned food. Had he been in the house those weeks and I never saw him? I'm not really sure what just happened. Cats are very mysterious.

My newest kitten, Crush, has not been allowed outside and never will be.
One of our cats once went on a three month "walkabout". He was as thin as a rail when he got back, but other than that he was fine. And we live in the boonies where coyotes, bobcats and mountain lions are known to take housecats for the odd snack.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #26402
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2553 Times on 1656 Posts

I use the term "walkabout" and "camping" when my cat does that. It's usually a day or maybe two at a time, not the long vacation you guys have. Shes small, five, and fixed, so she probably won't take off, but who knows.

I try to keep her in "her" garage at night because of the fox and coyotes. The coyotes will loudly attack something, or make a heck of a ruckus, real close to my house 2-3 times a year. I hear them almost nightly in the distance if I spend half an hour outside. I need a night vision scope.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #26403

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

At every gun show I have been to you are not allowed to carry a loaded weapon. But you can buy a gun, magazines, and ammo at the show. I never understood that. If they are worried about a shooting wouldn't they restrict it more? The fact is most people that visit a gun show are not the problem people. Which is why I find it funny that you can't carry a loaded weapon.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #26404

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGlamis View Post
At every gun show I have been to you are not allowed to carry a loaded weapon. But you can buy a gun, magazines, and ammo at the show. I never understood that. If they are worried about a shooting wouldn't they restrict it more? The fact is most people that visit a gun show are not the problem people. Which is why I find it funny that you can't carry a loaded weapon.
Most shows I go to are at county fairgrounds. In Ohio, concealed carry is not legal on state or county owned or controlled property. The no concealed carry signs are clearly posted, by law.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #26405

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Most shows I go to are at county fairgrounds. In Ohio, concealed carry is not legal on state or county owned or controlled property. The no concealed carry signs are clearly posted, by law.
I live in AZ where open carry and concealed carry are both legal without a permit. You can't carry where they serve alcohol for consumption, but they don't serve beer at the gun shows.

However, even where you live... can't you still buy a gun and ammo at the same show? What is to stop someone from loading a weapon at the show? But yet you never hear of that happening.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #26406
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7660 Times on 4602 Posts
Likes Given: 9573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
One of our cats once went on a three month "walkabout". He was as thin as a rail when he got back, but other than that he was fine. And we live in the boonies where coyotes, bobcats and mountain lions are known to take housecats for the odd snack.
The difference here is the cat ran from INSIDE the house to the outside. I find it very odd this cat would be inside the house for 3 weeks and me not know it. Also, this cat rarely spends a day or two inside without wanting to get outside.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #26407
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2236 Times on 1357 Posts
Likes Given: 2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

The difference here is the cat ran from INSIDE the house to the outside. I find it very odd this cat would be inside the house for 3 weeks and me not know it. Also, this cat rarely spends a day or two inside without wanting to get outside.
Any chance a pet sitting neighbor let him in?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 06-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #26408

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGlamis View Post

I live in AZ where open carry and concealed carry are both legal without a permit. You can't carry where they serve alcohol for consumption, but they don't serve beer at the gun shows.

However, even where you live... can't you still buy a gun and ammo at the same show? What is to stop someone from loading a weapon at the show? But yet you never hear of that happening.
What is to stop them? So far, common sense.

There is always armed deputies there, and its hard telling how many plain clothed officers, atf, etc. that are carrying.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #26409
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Any chance a pet sitting neighbor let him in?
No. The only person who has a key to my house is the girl who mows my lawn (and pet sat while I was gone). She did not let him in.

When I leave for work, I do walk into a pitch black back yard. There IS a possibility he sneaked past me in the dark and came into the house one night as I was leaving for work but for me to not notice him for 3 WEEKS is what I don't understand.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 06-26-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #26410
FTF_MODERATOR.png

It has been raining here for many days now. Some areas have gotten as much as 8 inches of rain in the last couple days. The Edens expressway, which is a major expressway into and out of Chicago is closed due to flooding.

A couple years ago we were in a severe drought. Now, just the opposite.