Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2616
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #26151
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
There are probably a lot of movies that could not be remade in todays politically correct culture, but Blazing Saddles is by far the best of them. The irony is that the politically correct idiot will find it too racist, the truth is it made massive fun at the racists, most of whom were too stupid to know they were being made fun of.
Mel Brooks is a genius. He manages to make fun of as many racist stereotypes as is humanly possible. The best part about Blazing Saddles is that you can catch some "new" thing you missed the last hundred times you watched it with every new viewing.

I had the pleasure of meeting Charles MacGregor (the bald black guy who was the Sheriff's sidekick on the railroad crew) when I was in high school and he was touring the country counseling kids on the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #26152
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1418 Times on 839 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Mel Brooks is a genius. He manages to make fun of as many racist stereotypes as is humanly possible. The best part about Blazing Saddles is that you can catch some "new" thing you missed the last hundred times you watched it with every new viewing.

I had the pleasure of meeting Charles MacGregor (the bald black guy who was the Sheriff's sidekick on the railroad crew) when I was in high school and he was touring the country counseling kids on the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
Exactly!!!! I watch it about once a year and every time I find something I missed before.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #26153
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2903 Times on 1890 Posts

No wonder I didn't get it. I haven't seen that movie in 25 years. I'm due.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #26154
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8759 Times on 5234 Posts
Likes Given: 11612

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Out of curiosity, did anyone ask, "just what is going through your mind?"
When someone posts a post such as that, it is clear what is going through his mind. I certainly didn't want a clearer picture of what he meant. It took me a bit to get over my anger after reading that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Got another trainee wanting off the boat in less than two weeks. Shame he works well. Homesick gets everyone. Ex military guy. Lots of them that come from the service don't stay out here. Not sure why. Oh well. This job ain't for everyone.
Being away on the boat probably reminds them of some very difficult times in the military. I'm sure they also wanted to go home but couldn't while in the military. I'll be it just conjures up a lot of very bad memories and having the choice to get off the boat and go home is just a good option for them. I agree it's not for everyone.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #26155

Liked 98 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
It started Monday
They expect to complete the jury selections by Wednesday, 6/19. Then the fireworks start. I agree that things could get nasty if Zimmerman is acquitted. With their man in the White House they have been looking for an excuse to make whitey pay.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #26156
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3198 Times on 1934 Posts
Likes Given: 3080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

I was working in a movie theater when the movie came out. My girlfriend ran the candy counter and I was the usher. We watched that movie about 150 times. Got to where anyone could quote any line. Either of us could start from that line and we'd continue the scene until people got tired of hearing us.

Since that time, I've paid to see the movie about 20 times, bought it on VHS (replaced tape half a dozen times), and finally got it on DVD.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #26157
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3198 Times on 1934 Posts
Likes Given: 3080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I took the hardest open book test today...
And probably ROCKED IT!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #26158

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Anybody have a thought on how long to let a blister go without popping it?

I burned the tip of my finger about a week ago on a hot weedeater exhaust. I normally pop a blister right after the sting subsides, but I've avoided it with this one because it's right on the pad of the tip of my finger.

Just leave it alone and let it pop on its own no matter how long it takes, or what? That's kinda what I'm thinking for this one. If it were on the side of my hand like the last time I burned it, I would have already popped it, but I kinda feel like the blister is doing some good in protecting that new skin in this case. It was a pretty good burn. Smelled and sounded like bacon.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #26159
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Anybody have a thought on how long to let a blister go without popping it?

I burned the tip of my finger about a week ago on a hot weedeater exhaust. I normally pop a blister right after the sting subsides, but I've avoided it with this one because it's right on the pad of the tip of my finger.

Just leave it alone and let it pop on its own no matter how long it takes, or what? That's kinda what I'm thinking for this one. If it were on the side of my hand like the last time I burned it, I would have already popped it, but I kinda feel like the blister is doing some good in protecting that new skin in this case. It was a pretty good burn. Smelled and sounded like bacon.
I've always heard that it's better to pop them after dark. Not sure if this actually does anything, but it's worth a try.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #26160

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

I've always heard that it's better to pop them after dark. Not sure if this actually does anything, but it's worth a try.
That's probably just because once you go to bed and fall asleep, you won't be doing things like turning wrenches or cutting grass to aggravate it. Makes sense though.

I may pop it tonight, but this is worse than when the sweet potato exploded on me, and THAT left a gaping hole in my pinky. Got infected really bad, and I was starting to get worried I'd have to amputate it.