Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2611
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #26101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
That doesn't make sense. Why would the trial cause the downtown night life to dry up? My guess would be that it would make it safer as people would not be getting out of control as much. An armed society is a polite society.
There is a large minority population in Sanford that the Revs. Jesse and Al spun up. People are afraid of large demonstrations that might get out of control. and potential "revenge" attacks. I would not go downtown Sanford unarmed. According to my friend who owns the restaurant, there has been a bit of an uptick in robberies downtown the last few months. May be related, may not.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

dango Likes This 
Old 06-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #26102

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

That doesn't make sense. Why would the trial cause the downtown night life to dry up? My guess would be that it would make it safer as people would not be getting out of control as much. An armed society is a polite society.
Not trying to be racist, regardless of how this sounds...
But we've seen the outcry among the black community in the area. If I were in the area, I would stay home for a couple of days if Zimmerman gets off the hook, because I'm white.

Remember when groups of black young people were ganging up on individual whites, beating them to a pulp, and yelling "revenge for Trayvon", back when this first happened? Funny how that didn't make mainstream news.

If Zimmerman is acquitted, it's likely going to have a similar effect.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #26103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3306 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
She said is because they don't have much salt in their natural diet, and salt is something they just naturally crave.
Most animals that are working class and arid climates require salt to aid in water re-hydration and ability to need less and go longer with out the immediate needs of water of other spiecies..! I think..?

I can BS with most of them..! Occum's Razor..!

Old 06-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #26104

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Not trying to be racist, regardless of how this sounds...
But we've seen the outcry among the black community in the area. If I were in the area, I would stay home for a couple of days if Zimmerman gets off the hook, because I'm white.

Remember when groups of black young people were ganging up on individual whites, beating them to a pulp, and yelling "revenge for Trayvon", back when this first happened? Funny how that didn't make mainstream news.

If Zimmerman is acquitted, it's likely going to have a similar effect.
Common sense.

Liberalism is a mental disorder and political correctness suicidal.
reginald-denny-ii.jpg  

Old 06-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #26105
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8488 Times on 4912 Posts
Likes Given: 11040

I guess I just don't know the area around Sanford. I do vividly remember the Rodney King riots and what happened to Reginald Denny. That could happen again, but only if somebody like Denny is clueless enough as to what is going on and drives into the fray. Trip has the right idea, stay away if you don't want to get caught up in the ugliness. This applies regardless of skin color. The LA blacks who got caught up in the riots, many of them were there to watch and got caught up in the mob mentality.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #26106
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Just a little forum housekeeping this morning. We mods try to keep as open and friendly environment on here as possible. Particularly in the Bunker and other restricted areas, we're fairly liberal in what we will let slide on some posts.

However, there are some things that just will not be tolerated. Violence and disdain against women is one of those things. Unfortunately, those types of comments got one member permanently banned this morning. As we saw with another post earlier this week, this community is pretty good at policing itself. Let's do our best to keep it that way.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 06-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #26107

Out of curiosity, did anyone ask, "just what is going through your mind?"

I just kinda get the idea that it was more of an epic brain fart than anything.

Side note: I updated my phone the other day, which erased much of the off color language I'd taught it. I just had to reteach the word "fart" to my phone. I thought y'all would get a chuckle out of that.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #26108
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Out of curiosity, did anyone ask, "just what is going through your mind?"

I just kinda get the idea that it was more of an epic brain fart than anything.

Side note: I updated my phone the other day, which erased much of the off color language I'd taught it. I just had to reteach the word "fart" to my phone. I thought y'all would get a chuckle out of that.
so you taught your phone to fart?

Old 06-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #26109

I bet there's an app for that...

Old 06-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #26110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
I bet there's an app for that...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kauf.soundboard.baum.FartSoundBoard &hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madrabbit.motionfart&hl=en

iPhone

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fart-a-phone-free/id381114787?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/atomic-fart-free/id303276697?mt=8

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly