Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2606
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #26051
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,973
Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
That's pretty assinine when you can live trap them, question them, find out what feral gang they are associated with, eat a fish sandwich in front of them, then relocate them in a concentration barn.
LOL! That is hilarious! Good show my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
The only thing I would have done different...

I would have first made sure no kids were around to see. Even I'd that means boxing them up and driving a mile down the road.

And I would've saved my ammo.

I have the exact same opinion. Animals are animals. That is all. Back in the day, if your barn cat had a litter you didn't want and couldn't get rid of, you'd just tie them in a sack and toss them in a river. I'm not saying that's the right way to go about it, but a man tried to have me charged with attempted MURDER yesterday after his goat stole my goat jerky.

Have we really become so soft that we'll try to take legal action over killing kittens in an efficient humane manner, and over a goat eating goat?

Hell, he probably saved the taxpayers a thousand bucks on them all.

I don't really have a problem with throwing a sack full of kittens into the river. But I would never do that myself. I also would never tell anyone if I did. There are way too many low-cost or no-cost options available out there to do it that way. Shooting kittens is not "safe and humane", it is dangerous and messy. I am not in favor of taking legal action over it, just giving the guy a douchebag award. And for anything the cop "saved" he has now cost that municipality tenfold in publicity and legal costs due to his actions.

As to you getting your jerky lifted by a goat, you deserved it. You failed to maintain situational awareness. That damned goat could have taken a bite outta your junk! But threatening a murder charge? That is monumentally moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Response. You knew it was coming...

http://youtu.be/gwReRl4Z7EQ
Awesome! I especially love the parting comment!
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #26052
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,475
Liked 2459 Times on 1595 Posts

Default

In a study interviewing people that died, drowning is the most peaceful.

I'm sure that would apply to cats, too.

__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #26053
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,973
Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
In a study interviewing people that died, drowning is the most peaceful.

I'm sure that would apply to cats, too.
(Curious as to how these interviews with dead people were conducted)
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #26054
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,475
Liked 2459 Times on 1595 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

(Curious as to how these interviews with dead people were conducted)
You r quick! I have no links, but I remember reading about it years ago. They did a study of people that were clinically dead, and were brought back. People that had drowned said once you got past the initial shock of breathing in water, it was quite peaceful.
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #26055
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

As to you getting your jerky lifted by a goat, you deserved it. You failed to maintain situational awareness. That damned goat could have taken a bite outta your junk! But threatening a murder charge? That is monumentally moronic.
Guilty as charged
Really, many, if not most, herbivore livestock will not eat their own kind. They can tell by the smell if food has byproducts from their own species. Horses are an example: some dog foods were made with horse meat before our processing plants got shut down by the bleeding heart inhumane liberal ass holes. (Notice the cost of dog food has risen in the past few years? Didn't think it was honest market inflation did ya?)

Anyway, you can't force feed a horse any dog food that has horse meat in it. Period, they will not do it. Now, there are some sick bastards out there who put their dogs (an obvious carnivore) on a vegetarian diet (against nature), and some foods that have fish as the only meat. Horses WILL eat these (not healthy for them though), but they won't eat it if it has horse meat.

I really did not foresee a cannibal goat being a threat to my baggie of jerky, due to previous knowledge of other animals.

But now I know.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #26056
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,668
Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
It's about 90-100 degrees all day here. It usually gets back down into the 70s at night.
Thats it?? Its been about 105 -110 here....
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #26057
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post

Thats it?? Its been about 105 -110 here....
Heat index has been 110 and a little higher.

Give some of y'all an idea of the humidity here, it's currently only 86 and the heat index is 100. The high is 94.

Just looked it up. Humidity is 60% right now. It gets worse.
__________________

Last edited by trip286; 06-14-2013 at 04:14 PM.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #26058
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,668
Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Heat index has been 110 and a little higher.

Give some of y'all an idea of the humidity here, it's currently only 86 and the heat index is 100. The high is 94.

Just looked it up. Humidity is 60% right now. It gets worse.
Its been about 30 percent here... Thats pretty high, most of the year its in the single digits....
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #26059
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Cats are pretty much the opposite of bears in my emotional lexicon.

I'm not gonna kill a kitten unless it is suffering to the point of death being a gratifying release. I have come close to killing an adult cat in a rage, but I put on my big boy pants and handled it like an adult (had it reclaimed by owner's brother). I would sooner kill a person than a cat and would have no regrets in avenging one of my pet cats by taking the life of a human. It is also my firm belief that my cat saved my life.

I try to remember all the good the cats have done our species over the centuries and all of the plagues they have probably prevented with their bloodthirsty vermin killing. What would have happened to the Jewish people if Egyptian cats hadn't policed the vermin after the pharaoh's grain stores? What about all the ships that brought most of our ancestors to this great land; what miserable rat dens would they have been without cats? Ever wonder how the Black Plague got so bad? http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=11435 http://www.touregypt.net/egypt-info/magazine-mag04012001-magf1.htm

Kitteh says you better recognize their contribution!



Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
In a study interviewing people that died, drowning is the most peaceful.

I'm sure that would apply to cats, too.
I have come very close a few times (two on the same river) and it wasn't bad. Of course, I can hold my breath until I pass out pretty easily and I like the water, fresh water anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
...I really did not foresee a cannibal goat being a threat to my baggie of jerky, due to previous knowledge of other animals.

But now I know.
Goats are a uniquely annoying species. My sister had some as pets for a while. Eventually, pretty much everybody who visited her offered to kill them for her.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.


Last edited by orangello; 06-14-2013 at 04:35 PM.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #26060
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 1,209
Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Guilty as charged
Really, many, if not most, herbivore livestock will not eat their own kind. They can tell by the smell if food has byproducts from their own species. Horses are an example: some dog foods were made with horse meat before our processing plants got shut down by the bleeding heart inhumane liberal ass holes. (Notice the cost of dog food has risen in the past few years? Didn't think it was honest market inflation did ya?)

Anyway, you can't force feed a horse any dog food that has horse meat in it. Period, they will not do it. Now, there are some sick bastards out there who put their dogs (an obvious carnivore) on a vegetarian diet (against nature), and some foods that have fish as the only meat. Horses WILL eat these (not healthy for them though), but they won't eat it if it has horse meat.

I really did not foresee a cannibal goat being a threat to my baggie of jerky, due to previous knowledge of other animals.

But now I know.
i will hand it to you buddy, you are a brave muther to eat goat jerky,,,I am the farthest thing from picky but damn isn't it greasy?
__________________
nchunt101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM