Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2605
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 AM   #26041
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 356 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Nearly all of the body men I know (I do not know one single woman who does body work) are chain smokers and many of them are drug users. Something about the constant exposure to chemicals, paint fumes, etc., conditions their bodies to go int withdrawal if they are not constantly exposed. It may be different these days with the filtration systems, ventilation and fully sealed body suits in the paint booth. Back in the day they did it all with only a dust mask on- sometimes.
funny thing is all of the auto body guys I know (a half dozen or so, from 30 years old up to 50) are the most laid back guys you'd ever meet. not a one of them smokers much less druggies, but all of them drinkers, but then again they don't drink anymore than I do.

might just be a bad batch in your neighborhood

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 06-14-2013, 04:47 AM   #26042
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10708

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
funny thing is all of the auto body guys I know (a half dozen or so, from 30 years old up to 50) are the most laid back guys you'd ever meet. not a one of them smokers much less druggies, but all of them drinkers, but then again they don't drink anymore than I do.

might just be a bad batch in your neighborhood
Could be. They are almost all decent people and all, and most all of them are drinkers as well. I wouldn't call them a bad batch, I just find it interesting. I have been out of the business for over 10 years so things have changed a bit, but back in the day that's how it was around here. There was one guy who was a hard core Christian who did not drink, smoke, swear or anything else remotely questionable. But he was an anomaly. Everybody else at his shop would start drinking beer at lunchtime- or at least the ones who hadn't started earlier.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #26043
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10708

Default Was This Wrong?

OK, I know that being a cop can be a tough job. I also know that feral cats are a problem pretty much everywhere. I also know how easy it is to take care of these things without resorting to executing kittens in front of kids. I personally have spent countless hours handling a feral cat problem here around my own home and not once have I resorted to shooting a single cat of any age. I think this cop gets the Douchebag of the Year Award.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/06/19002-19002/

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 06-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #26044

Liked 2463 Times on 1599 Posts

That's pretty assinine when you can live trap them, question them, find out what feral gang they are associated with, eat a fish sandwich in front of them, then relocate them in a concentration barn.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #26045

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Mississippi River is crazy right now. Northbound outta cario headed to stl. Full throttle with 5500 hp 16 barges, doing around 3mph. Half throttle holds you still.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #26046
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1942 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 2116

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Mississippi River is crazy right now. Northbound outta cario headed to stl. Full throttle with 5500 hp 16 barges, doing around 3mph. Half throttle holds you still.
River running a little high? Probably my fault.

Came up to visit Winds. I had warned her about my reputation as the Rainman, but I don't think she believed me. About 100 miles from Chicago a crazy storm popped up and dumped about a cubic MILE of rain (seemed like). Story of my life. Sorry about that...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 06-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #26047
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
OK, I know that being a cop can be a tough job. I also know that feral cats are a problem pretty much everywhere. I also know how easy it is to take care of these things without resorting to executing kittens in front of kids. I personally have spent countless hours handling a feral cat problem here around my own home and not once have I resorted to shooting a single cat of any age. I think this cop gets the Douchebag of the Year Award.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/06/19002-19002/
i woulda done the same thing. come one there just cats. too bad we cant take this same aproach with criminals
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #26048

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post

i woulda done the same thing. come one there just cats. too bad we cant take this same aproach with criminals
The only thing I would have done different...

I would have first made sure no kids were around to see. Even I'd that means boxing them up and driving a mile down the road.

And I would've saved my ammo.

I have the exact same opinion. Animals are animals. That is all. Back in the day, if your barn cat had a litter you didn't want and couldn't get rid of, you'd just tie them in a sack and toss them in a river. I'm not saying that's the right way to go about it, but a man tried to have me charged with attempted MURDER yesterday after his goat stole my goat jerky.

Have we really become so soft that we'll try to take legal action over killing kittens in an efficient humane manner, and over a goat eating goat?

Hell, he probably saved the taxpayers a thousand bucks on them all.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #26049
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Saw this on the interwebs. Seems that General Mills has disabled the comments on this commercial because of all of the haters out there hating on inter-racial families. They are keeping the commercial going though. I'm not one to eat cereal but some Cheerios sounds good right now.

http://www.upworthy.com/they-are-hating-on-this-little-girls-family-its-time-to-get-mad-internet?c=ufb1
Response. You knew it was coming...

http://youtu.be/gwReRl4Z7EQ

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 06-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #26050

Liked 1084 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989
I love body work. The smell of paint and Body filler makes me happy.
And yall say Im messed up in the head

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.