Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2598
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #25971
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3449 Times on 1920 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

He also flounced about in booty shorts and easy-rip tank tops.

Camo? It could have had an actual working Optimus Prime helmet on it; I would have not been seen with that in daylight. Heck, I remember repainting a NICE skateboard due to a prevalence of pink in the graphics.

Fanny packin'. That's like having an array of scratch-n-sniff stickers from Strawberry Shortcake on your TrapperKeeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post

Well he had an allowance big enough to buy all that carp. At... six.

I had an "allowance" too. I was alot older than, um, six, old enough to work away from home, and it was a "per-hour" allowance during the Summer and I worked the list of things-to-do at the homestead.
Quote:

Convinced yourself? So are murses, in metrosexual enclaves... "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." 'splains The Corp.
Quote:
Alright, ALRIGHT. Now tell him the truth Eatmydust. You're not helping him. Or any other confused young boys out there. He really did wear a fanny pack. He's not kidding. He's reaching out to us. OK It's nothing to joke around about...
Hey, take the hate elsewhere. I'm tired of dealing with jerks today!

Gello, that WAS kinda funny... :P

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 06-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #25972
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1713 Posts
Likes Given: 1779

Me too! & I ain't afraid to fess up!

Lou - I wore cuffed bell-bottoms, printed poly shirts, unbuttoned to my chest, with an Italian horn on a gold chain and stack heeled shoes in the 70s, I was a disco dancin' fool back then!!

Steal my dignity now!!

We are all biodegradable.

Ruger, don't leave home without it.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 06-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #25973

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I would have rocked that look so hard in the 70's, you'd been able to feel it in China.

Saturday night fever was one of my first favorite movies.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #25974

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Me too! & I ain't afraid to fess up!

Lou - I wore cuffed bell-bottoms, printed poly shirts, unbuttoned to my chest, with an Italian horn on a gold chain and stack heeled shoes in the 70s, I was a disco dancin' fool back then!!

Steal my dignity now!!
Don't have to -- old age got it already. In my day we took care of business real-time. We were the guys the leftover wanna-be hippies and load-mouthed and scared Saturday Night Fever greaseballs came to when things really got serious.

Trip knows we're only kidding anyway. Trip, tell everyone you're off the fanny-packs now and Cologne du 68.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 06-12-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #25975
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Sitting in a restaurant in Vancouver. Not a bad crowd for a Tuesday night. Server just brought out two fish dishes for the table two over from me. It overwhelming smells like I'm on the fishing vessel the second they brought it out. Food comes out raw and you cook it yourself on a stone. Good or bad that I may have cats following me back to the hotel with the smell in my clothes now? I ordered steak.

Going fishing for Father's Day, so I guess this puts me in the mood a little.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #25976

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Sitting in a restaurant in Vancouver. Not a bad crowd for a Tuesday night. Server just brought out two fish dishes for the table two over from me. It overwhelming smells like I'm on the fishing vessel the second they brought it out. Food comes out raw and you cook it yourself on a stone. Good or bad that I may have cats following me back to the hotel with the smell in my clothes now? I ordered steak.

Haha what restaurant? My new job is in Vancouver, WA.

Anyways my company said I could leave early but I would not be eligible for re-hire in the future. I gave my notice and the 24th should be my last day although I let them know that others can cover my shifts if they want some overtime. (they have me working at a couple gates I never worked at so I told them there is no point in training me there anyways).

Old 06-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #25977
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post

a bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #25978
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
Haha what restaurant? My new job is in Vancouver, WA.

Anyways my company said I could leave early but I would not be eligible for re-hire in the future. I gave my notice and the 24th should be my last day although I let them know that others can cover my shifts if they want some overtime. (they have me working at a couple gates I never worked at so I told them there is no point in training me there anyways).
Sorry - Vancouver, B.C. I should have clarified that.

Well, congrats on getting out of there and on your way forward! I had one small company tell me a similar thing once. I was going to get a huge raise and the hours were better at a new job, as we'd just had our son. The owner acted like it was going to be the end of the world that HE would no longer be giving me a reference with a little less than two weeks notice. You can see the pain and suffering I'm going through now for not having HIS blessing in my current career .

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

jeffm Likes This 
Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 AM   #25979

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I think I'm just going to have my 1911 professionally blued.

It was fun doing it myself with cold blue, and a great learning experience. I learned quite a bit about metal prep and finishing. I did accomplish at least a couple great things: I cleaned up the aftermarket extended slide stop, so now it actually looks presentable. And I cleaned up the slide serrations, which had some good amount of scaling in the grooves. Gives the slide a slightly "hand finished" look.

Even though I'm quite satisfied with the finish, I'm a perfectionist to an extent, and I just think a real professional would do so much better.

I don't know though... I've been reading up on hot blueing at home using boiling drain cleaner...

Right now I only have maybe 15 bucks invested in refinishing, and I'm quite the home brewed hobbyist.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #25980
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I think I'm just going to have my 1911 professionally blued.

It was fun doing it myself with cold blue, and a great learning experience. I learned quite a bit about metal prep and finishing. I did accomplish at least a couple great things: I cleaned up the aftermarket extended slide stop, so now it actually looks presentable. And I cleaned up the slide serrations, which had some good amount of scaling in the grooves. Gives the slide a slightly "hand finished" look.

Even though I'm quite satisfied with the finish, I'm a perfectionist to an extent, and I just think a real professional would do so much better.

I don't know though... I've been reading up on hot blueing at home using boiling drain cleaner...

Right now I only have maybe 15 bucks invested in refinishing, and I'm quite the home brewed hobbyist.
Trip, Google gun blueing. i have read many good articles about it on the internet and many of the chemicles used are common and easily gotten. Brownell's sells many of the more popular and those used by professionals.