Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #25951
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It may just be a good day to go to prison, cause I'm about to ****ing kill somebody, and I'll wear the ****ty gloves while I strangle the nasty bastard.
This made me laugh my ass off.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #25952
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

No , this is how we fix things at mobile marine

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

KJG67 Likes This 
Old 06-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #25953

Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default Is it possible?

Does anyone think it is possible for George Zimmerman to get a fair trial?

Red S.
"I want a government small enough to fit inside the Constitution."

Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #25954
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
...As far as the bio-hazard in the house- you have worked enough bad wrecks to know- there are no magical elves that show up to cleanup. And no one ever considers- after a mass assault crime scene- like Newtown, the Aurora theater- there are folks that have to come in and clean and disinfect the place.
So I always asked this question in my night classes when I was teaching part-time: "If you shoot a burglar in your living room, who has to clean that up?" I was asking a non-serious rhetorical question to jar them back to attention, not expecting a serious answer. Of course , after six or seven years of this, a young lady raised her hand and said "I do".

She explained that crime scene cleanup was her family's business, and that this close to Memphis, business was BRISK. She explained that the basic process involved remoing any salvageable material in the room to be cleaned individually, then they basically mop the ceiling and walls down to the carpet and make a big sack of the carpet. She also mentioned some steam/pressure cleaning for the floor under the carpet pad.

She mentioned that she had no problem with the work, but that she couldn't was dishes as wet food made her gag.

Good student!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 06-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #25955

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscho View Post
I don't. The media convicted him within minutes of his defending himself, and they made damn sure everyone knew it was a grown white man shooting a young black boy.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #25956
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Only if he does something else and goes to trial on that, in another state and under an assumed name.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #25957

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #25958

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Highly unlikely but if he does win I feel he should sue the pants off ABC, CBS and NBC for the unfair and untrue way they portrayed the deal!

Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #25959

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Was just sitting here, enjoying the afterglow of a good range session, and reminiscing about how long I've been shooting. I reminded myself of a funny episode...

See, when I was about six years old, I begged my Daddy to let me shoot his .22. Well... I never gave it back. My Papaw asked me for it before I went into the service, because he wanted to use it for squirrel hunting. So, I kept it from the time I was 6, until I was almost 18. After Papaw passed away, my uncle collected it. Still kinda pissed about that. Dad doesn't even remember that it was ever his.

When I was a kid, every Friday that the weather was nice, starting when I stole that rifle fair and square, I'd hop on my bicycle, sling my rifle, and head down to the corner store about 3 miles away. I'd go in with my allowance and buy a brick of ammo, a bunch of M&M's, and a coke in a glass bottle (which I saved to get 10 cents off the next one). I'd stow my goods in my Fanny pack, and head out to the lake, about three miles past my house in the other direction.

One particular day, it was kinda crowded in the store. The old man behind the counter, "call me Ducky", grabbed my brick and set it on the counter while I wove my way through the crowd with my rifle across my back (they were watching a rerun of the Berlin wall coming down on the TV behind the counter). I got a few bags of M&M's and my Coke, and made my way to the counter.

As I was paying up, an old man asked me, "Watcha gonna do with all that ammo, boy?

"shoot it."

Then he says, "how you gonna shoot it all if you're eating all those M&M's?"

"who said anything about eating them? I just needed targets."

No one said a word while I turned around and walked out.

Last edited by trip286; 06-11-2013 at 10:26 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #25960
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

You had a FANNY PACK in the late 1980's? Very secure you were, very secure!