Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2578
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #25771
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9147 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Ref: Why primers are hazmat, but loaded ammo is not-

Actually a good reason. Primers can mass detonate. One sets off next sets off next sets off next, etc. Thee have been fatalities in ammo plants from a primer mass det.

AMMO has the additional mass of the bullet and cartridge case to soak up energy from a detonation. One cartridge going BANG will not make the rest of the case go BANG.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 06-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #25772

Liked 1132 Times on 820 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Check out this fight I had front row tickets to yesterday , ol white girl got her head split open by a hair brush . I prob could have broken it up but wont no way I was going to get in the middle of that cat fight

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #25773
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7318 Times on 4402 Posts
Likes Given: 8975

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Check out this fight I had front row tickets to yesterday , ol white girl got her head split open by a hair brush . I prob could have broken it up but wont no way I was going to get in the middle of that cat fight
I wouldn't have gotten involved, either. There was already a man there and you sure wouldn't want him not liking you butting into their business.

On my youngest son's 21st birthday, we all went out to a bar. The kids chose the bar and it was one for the younger set. A fight broke out between two women and I was mortified. I yelled at my oldest son to go break them up. He said absolutely not. He said when the cops show up they arrest everyone involved in any way because everyone is going to say they were just trying to break up the fight.........whether they were or not. These girls fought, moving towards our table. One fell back on our table and landed in "birthday boy's" lap. I couldn't stop laughing. My Momma would have kicked my butt for acting like that in public.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #25774

now if the dude had hit any of them I would grabbed the judge and walked on over but i think he knew better , he lives right behind my shop , i see and hear him bout 100 times a day booming his music up and down the rd .
The white girl was fighting b/c the guy sells dope beside the school up the st where her son goes , think there was alot more to it than that , when i told her i had it all on video she booked it in a hurry . Black girl did get her weave yanked out though ROLMAO . Bunch of dudes all sitting around watching and laughing . I filmed inside the truck b/c I did not want them to see me taping it and come after my ass . ANY little thing can make people go beserk when they are in those moods

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #25775
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Oh, if only I could strip the motors I have access to...

I searched and couldn't find one like it. I'll see about taking some pictures tomorrow.

I have two giant electric motors just sitting. They're trash, but no one wants to hall them off. The company that made them doesn't even want them anymore, and the city doesn't want to pay to have them hauled away.

I believe they weigh at least a ton each. Think of it this way, each one is big enough to pump water to the entire city by itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That could be fun.... I like deconstructing things...
A match made in heaven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Dude. C4. Just sayin'
Primacord FTW!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #25776
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Ref: Why primers are hazmat, but loaded ammo is not-

Actually a good reason. Primers can mass detonate. One sets off next sets off next sets off next, etc. Thee have been fatalities in ammo plants from a primer mass det.

AMMO has the additional mass of the bullet and cartridge case to soak up energy from a detonation. One cartridge going BANG will not make the rest of the case go BANG.
That's actually a pretty good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I could use a case of small magnum pistol primers. I have been using Winchester.
Well, went back to the shop. They said they cannot ship hazmat since they don't have the certification/license to do it. Sorry.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #25777

Just made some poor guys day . His boat rolled down hill into his neighbors car but he has full coverage on it BUT its a old dixe and with the estimate I just made for him they will prob total the boat but he is tickled for some reason .

And we wonder why insurance is so high these days . Pay into a policy for years and years and years and never file a claim but when you do they will drop your butt asap and if your lucky you will get a minute fraction of what you have paid.

Had allstate for H.O for YEARS ! auto bill pay , never even a hint of a claim and they drop me out of the blue so yea I have no issue sticking to allstate when ever possible and nationwide b/c my home is not good enough for them to insure nor is my money .

I do enjoy the allstate mayhem guy though , he is right up my alley

People Like This 
Old 06-08-2013, 01:22 AM   #25778
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Pretty cool....

.facebook_-806985307.jpg

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 06-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #25779

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Where'd you find that?

Old 06-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #25780
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Where'd you find that?
On Facebook. The same place I found all those awesome cakes.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.