Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2574
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #25731
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

thank you Cinder! i like yours too. and huge congrats on your test scores BTW.

well that was my thinking as well, but it appears i was wrong. oh well. as that i have had two "vacations from the forum in less than two weeks, i have had some time to think about the way i post. so from here on out any posts will be severely sanitized and made politically correct from here on out. IOW's, very boring and uneventful.

what can i say? i must not matter to those who mind!
No Axxe, they should not matter to you.....
Old 06-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #25732
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
No Axxe, they should not matter to you.....
thank you ZG and i appreciate what you're saying and no they don't matter to me, but they must to some.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #25733
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yep. That's all too true. As I mentioned earlier, I'm sure she'll blame someone else. Although, I haven't heard anything yet about her blaming a city employee.

On another topic...
Was cruising around today (mapped a route according to the locations of the cleanest public restrooms. Thank you, Ronin steakhouse) and noticed a man throwing these huge power cables in a dumpster.

Pulled over...
"hey man..."
"yo homey..."

I asked what he was doing. He was tossing them because the insulation was dry rotted and they were burned in a few places.

I says "hey, ain't they got copper? Why don't you take 'em to a scrap yard?"

He says, "scrap yard won't take 'em lessen they's been stripped. I ain't got time fo that. You got time fo that?"

I says, "damn straight I do. Throw 'em in da truck."

Now, I'm hanging out in the shop, stripping the insulation from about 200' of power cord about as thick as my thumb. Inside are three individual strands, white, black, green, about 1/4 inch thick, after being stripped individually. I guess that's positive, negative, ground? Don't matter. It all has that pretty copper color... Except in the burnt spots.

I know several years ago, copper was up at over 5 bucks per pound, and there was a HUGE problem in Raleigh NC of people stealing copper.

I checked a couple years ago and it was down to 2.50 ish per pound.

I'll look it up again, and compare that to whatever the guy at the scrap yard tries to rip me off for. Likely I'll sell it regardless. I may melt some down into ingots to store for a rainy day. Hell, I may just melt it all down... Who knows? It could go well over 5 bucks again.

It all weighed nearly 200 (maybe about 170ish) in whole pieces before I started stripping it.
Great find! They will take wire with the insulation at the recycler around here, but they don't pay well for it. I have a bunch of old electric motors that I need to strip out the copper on. They pay maybe 60 cents a pound for electric motors but around $2.50 for copper (last time I checked). definitely call around and get a feel for the market. Those recyclers are ripoff artists. They can spot a newbie as they walk in the door. I have been able to double their offer by throwing my stuff back in the truck and making as to leave with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
people have died from being electrocuted for trying to steal copper wiring at sub-stations. electrical copper theft has gone up over the last few years.
Good riddance to them too. I have heard that some thieves are using scuba equipment to harvest the copper ground wire for the broadcast radio transmitter antennas they have in the San Francisco Bay. There are huge ground plane arrays under the water (the salt water makes the ground plane many times stronger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I found some reloading supplies!!!!!!

Got a pound of IMR 4320, a pound of clay dot, some shotgun primers, and a 10 lb bag of shot.
Give it up man! Where did you find them? I am flat out of small magnum primers. Need H-335 or something comparable for .223. I have a list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I've been honked at before while I was driving, didn't cause me to get in an accident. Maybe she should have taken driving lessons from my Dad. "Driving is a full time job" "you should always be aware of what is going on with your vehicle and everything around it. That means use your eyes, your ears and your nose." that's how I was taught to drive....
Your Dad is a wise man. I also tell my sons when they are driving "That guy in the other car? He's not driving your car. You are. Don't let him into your driver's seat."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Hock, people who are paying attention don't run off the road because someone blows their horn. Blowing the horn to get someones attention is what the horn is FOR. The fact is that the girls complete absorption into her texting is what allowed her to be startled that way. Some of life's lessons are harder than others. Sad that she is injured. More sad if she injured someone else in the process.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
True. But what does one thing have much to do with the other? And when did they make the road-raged driver next to you your judge, jury, and potential executioner? If she were saying a moving prayer, he didn't like THAT, and scared her into crashing because of it what difference would it make? Let's go old school. Like "grammar school"...

"Two wrongs don't make a right." Or for the Philadelphia Lawyer try at least to remember The Golden Rule if you can't cite case -- would you really feel someone honking at you to scare you where you crash your car is OK under any circumstances? Of course not. I wonder if she had any kids in the backseat and how they faired...

Well, to the Leftists, who even here conflated things, "the ends justify the means" and to the radical "by any means necessary" are the guiding principles for the moral relativism demonstrated here. Then they make personal attacks criticizing traditional American values. Like right and obviously wrong!

Trip, glad you don't feel guilty -- it's a terrible burden I hear. And nice that others support you. But if you don't want answers don't ask -- wtf?! I have no skin in this game and certainly wasn't the one who might have left some behind in the crashed car... Tell ya what, since this is such an issue let's get an objective opinion. It's so easy...

Go to the state police and tell them what you told us in front of an Assistant District Attorney and see what they think?
You just don't get it, do you? A cop would have pulled her over and ticketed her. She might have panicked when he hit the lights to pull her over and run into a tree. What is the difference? A badge? How's that utopia working for you Hock? You obviously feel it is a superior society where the authorities are the only ones who can do anything about stupid people breaking the law. That is veal thinking.

If the girl texting had been about to run over a person in a crosswalk, and Trip had honked to get her attention and she had gone off th eroad but missed the pedestrian, would your theoretical question to the ADA be changed then? And would their answer be different? Trip removed a hazardous driver from the road. Good for him.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #25734
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

thank you ZG and i appreciate what you're saying and no they don't matter to me, but they must to some.
Well we love ya!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #25735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Well we love ya!!!
well thank you again ZG!

i have my detractors and my fans!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #25736
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well thank you again ZG!

i have my detractors and my fans!
You should maybe think about starting your own fan club axxe. You could charge membership dues.....
Old 06-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #25737

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
You should maybe think about starting your own fan club axxe. You could charge membership dues.....
cool! the Axxeman Official Fan Club! hey Roc, i like it! you're a genious!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #25738
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7441 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 15312

Do I need to PM notdku for axxess?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #25739

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Do I need to PM notdku for axxess?
LMAO!!!

clever use of wording! keep it up and i'll make you the president of my fan club!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #25740
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

I wanna be President, and of course take my share of the dues.... I'm thinking 40%.