Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #25701
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Agreed ^

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

People Like This 
Old 06-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #25702
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Honestly Trip, I hope they do cancel the texter's insurance or jack her rate; I don't want to pay for her poor attention to the road. I hope she doesn't have State Farm.
Is it wrong that I wish you had a dashcam in the work truck to document her FAIL?

(got my insurance cards today)

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 06-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #25703
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6741 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 8037

Lunch today, sauteed Vadalia onion and Portabella mushrooms. I'm in heaven!!

People Like This 
Old 06-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #25704

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Lunch today, sauteed Vadalia onion and Portabella mushrooms. I'm in heaven!!
Lunch today:
Water (One tall glass, sipped over the course of an hour)
3 saltine crackers
Sprite (2 sips, just for the flavor) to go with the crackers.

I've been wanting to lose some weight. This ain't exactly the way I planned to go about doing it.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #25705
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19790 Times on 11235 Posts
Likes Given: 49869

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Honestly Trip, I hope they do cancel the texter's insurance or jack her rate; I don't want to pay for her poor attention to the road. I hope she doesn't have State Farm.
Is it wrong that I wish you had a dashcam in the work truck to document her FAIL?

(got my insurance cards today)
want to hear another sad thing? many of these people who are involved in an accident because they were glued to a cell phone or texting, don't even realize what they were doing was wrong or that they are acting irresponsibily.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #25706

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

want to hear another sad thing? many of these people who are involved in an accident because they were glued to a cell phone or texting, don't even realize what they were doing was wrong or that they are acting irresponsibily.
Yep. That's all too true. As I mentioned earlier, I'm sure she'll blame someone else. Although, I haven't heard anything yet about her blaming a city employee.

On another topic...
Was cruising around today (mapped a route according to the locations of the cleanest public restrooms. Thank you, Ronin steakhouse) and noticed a man throwing these huge power cables in a dumpster.

Pulled over...
"hey man..."
"yo homey..."

I asked what he was doing. He was tossing them because the insulation was dry rotted and they were burned in a few places.

I says "hey, ain't they got copper? Why don't you take 'em to a scrap yard?"

He says, "scrap yard won't take 'em lessen they's been stripped. I ain't got time fo that. You got time fo that?"

I says, "damn straight I do. Throw 'em in da truck."

Now, I'm hanging out in the shop, stripping the insulation from about 200' of power cord about as thick as my thumb. Inside are three individual strands, white, black, green, about 1/4 inch thick, after being stripped individually. I guess that's positive, negative, ground? Don't matter. It all has that pretty copper color... Except in the burnt spots.

I know several years ago, copper was up at over 5 bucks per pound, and there was a HUGE problem in Raleigh NC of people stealing copper.

I checked a couple years ago and it was down to 2.50 ish per pound.

I'll look it up again, and compare that to whatever the guy at the scrap yard tries to rip me off for. Likely I'll sell it regardless. I may melt some down into ingots to store for a rainy day. Hell, I may just melt it all down... Who knows? It could go well over 5 bucks again.

It all weighed nearly 200 (maybe about 170ish) in whole pieces before I started stripping it.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #25707

people have died from being electrocuted for trying to steal copper wiring at sub-stations. electrical copper theft has gone up over the last few years.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #25708
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I found some reloading supplies!!!!!!

Got a pound of IMR 4320, a pound of clay dot, some shotgun primers, and a 10 lb bag of shot.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #25709

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I found some reloading supplies!!!!!!

Got a pound of IMR 4320, a pound of clay dot, some shotgun primers, and a 10 lb bag of shot.
Cool Beans TWW!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #25710
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yep. That's all too true. As I mentioned earlier, I'm sure she'll blame someone else. Although, I haven't heard anything yet about her blaming a city employee.

On another topic...
Was cruising around today (mapped a route according to the locations of the cleanest public restrooms. Thank you, Ronin steakhouse) and noticed a man throwing these huge power cables in a dumpster.

Pulled over...
"hey man..."
"yo homey..."

I asked what he was doing. He was tossing them because the insulation was dry rotted and they were burned in a few places.

I says "hey, ain't they got copper? Why don't you take 'em to a scrap yard?"

He says, "scrap yard won't take 'em lessen they's been stripped. I ain't got time fo that. You got time fo that?"

I says, "damn straight I do. Throw 'em in da truck."

Now, I'm hanging out in the shop, stripping the insulation from about 200' of power cord about as thick as my thumb. Inside are three individual strands, white, black, green, about 1/4 inch thick, after being stripped individually. I guess that's positive, negative, ground? Don't matter. It all has that pretty copper color... Except in the burnt spots.

I know several years ago, copper was up at over 5 bucks per pound, and there was a HUGE problem in Raleigh NC of people stealing copper.

I checked a couple years ago and it was down to 2.50 ish per pound.

I'll look it up again, and compare that to whatever the guy at the scrap yard tries to rip me off for. Likely I'll sell it regardless. I may melt some down into ingots to store for a rainy day. Hell, I may just melt it all down... Who knows? It could go well over 5 bucks again.

It all weighed nearly 200 (maybe about 170ish) in whole pieces before I started stripping it.
Congrats on the score.