Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #25701
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,264
Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Default

Agreed ^


__________________

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

MobileMarine is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #25702
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Honestly Trip, I hope they do cancel the texter's insurance or jack her rate; I don't want to pay for her poor attention to the road. I hope she doesn't have State Farm.
Is it wrong that I wish you had a dashcam in the work truck to document her FAIL?



(got my insurance cards today)

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #25703
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,387
Liked 6741 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 8037

Default

Lunch today, sauteed Vadalia onion and Portabella mushrooms. I'm in heaven!!

__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #25704
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Lunch today, sauteed Vadalia onion and Portabella mushrooms. I'm in heaven!!
Lunch today:
Water (One tall glass, sipped over the course of an hour)
3 saltine crackers
Sprite (2 sips, just for the flavor) to go with the crackers.

I've been wanting to lose some weight. This ain't exactly the way I planned to go about doing it.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #25705
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,101
Liked 19790 Times on 11235 Posts
Likes Given: 49869

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Honestly Trip, I hope they do cancel the texter's insurance or jack her rate; I don't want to pay for her poor attention to the road. I hope she doesn't have State Farm.
Is it wrong that I wish you had a dashcam in the work truck to document her FAIL?



(got my insurance cards today)
want to hear another sad thing? many of these people who are involved in an accident because they were glued to a cell phone or texting, don't even realize what they were doing was wrong or that they are acting irresponsibily.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #25706
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

want to hear another sad thing? many of these people who are involved in an accident because they were glued to a cell phone or texting, don't even realize what they were doing was wrong or that they are acting irresponsibily.
Yep. That's all too true. As I mentioned earlier, I'm sure she'll blame someone else. Although, I haven't heard anything yet about her blaming a city employee.

On another topic...
Was cruising around today (mapped a route according to the locations of the cleanest public restrooms. Thank you, Ronin steakhouse) and noticed a man throwing these huge power cables in a dumpster.

Pulled over...
"hey man..."
"yo homey..."

I asked what he was doing. He was tossing them because the insulation was dry rotted and they were burned in a few places.

I says "hey, ain't they got copper? Why don't you take 'em to a scrap yard?"

He says, "scrap yard won't take 'em lessen they's been stripped. I ain't got time fo that. You got time fo that?"

I says, "damn straight I do. Throw 'em in da truck."

Now, I'm hanging out in the shop, stripping the insulation from about 200' of power cord about as thick as my thumb. Inside are three individual strands, white, black, green, about 1/4 inch thick, after being stripped individually. I guess that's positive, negative, ground? Don't matter. It all has that pretty copper color... Except in the burnt spots.

I know several years ago, copper was up at over 5 bucks per pound, and there was a HUGE problem in Raleigh NC of people stealing copper.

I checked a couple years ago and it was down to 2.50 ish per pound.

I'll look it up again, and compare that to whatever the guy at the scrap yard tries to rip me off for. Likely I'll sell it regardless. I may melt some down into ingots to store for a rainy day. Hell, I may just melt it all down... Who knows? It could go well over 5 bucks again.

It all weighed nearly 200 (maybe about 170ish) in whole pieces before I started stripping it.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #25707
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,101
Liked 19790 Times on 11235 Posts
Likes Given: 49869

Default

people have died from being electrocuted for trying to steal copper wiring at sub-stations. electrical copper theft has gone up over the last few years.

__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #25708
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

I found some reloading supplies!!!!!!

Got a pound of IMR 4320, a pound of clay dot, some shotgun primers, and a 10 lb bag of shot.

__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #25709
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,101
Liked 19790 Times on 11235 Posts
Likes Given: 49869

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I found some reloading supplies!!!!!!

Got a pound of IMR 4320, a pound of clay dot, some shotgun primers, and a 10 lb bag of shot.
Cool Beans TWW!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #25710
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yep. That's all too true. As I mentioned earlier, I'm sure she'll blame someone else. Although, I haven't heard anything yet about her blaming a city employee.

On another topic...
Was cruising around today (mapped a route according to the locations of the cleanest public restrooms. Thank you, Ronin steakhouse) and noticed a man throwing these huge power cables in a dumpster.

Pulled over...
"hey man..."
"yo homey..."

I asked what he was doing. He was tossing them because the insulation was dry rotted and they were burned in a few places.

I says "hey, ain't they got copper? Why don't you take 'em to a scrap yard?"

He says, "scrap yard won't take 'em lessen they's been stripped. I ain't got time fo that. You got time fo that?"

I says, "damn straight I do. Throw 'em in da truck."

Now, I'm hanging out in the shop, stripping the insulation from about 200' of power cord about as thick as my thumb. Inside are three individual strands, white, black, green, about 1/4 inch thick, after being stripped individually. I guess that's positive, negative, ground? Don't matter. It all has that pretty copper color... Except in the burnt spots.

I know several years ago, copper was up at over 5 bucks per pound, and there was a HUGE problem in Raleigh NC of people stealing copper.

I checked a couple years ago and it was down to 2.50 ish per pound.

I'll look it up again, and compare that to whatever the guy at the scrap yard tries to rip me off for. Likely I'll sell it regardless. I may melt some down into ingots to store for a rainy day. Hell, I may just melt it all down... Who knows? It could go well over 5 bucks again.

It all weighed nearly 200 (maybe about 170ish) in whole pieces before I started stripping it.
Congrats on the score.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM