Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2560
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #25591
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt

You headed up river or down river? If you are headed down river get a picture of Madison IN and post it please? Used to go to the hydroplane races there as a kid in the 60's and not been back since.
Southbound. If I can figure out where it and I'm up I will for sure.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #25592
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1547

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Southbound. If I can figure out where it and I'm up I will for sure.
Thanks that would be cool.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #25593

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Dropped Sue off with his Mom Friday. I already miss my little sidekick. And he's already got strep throat. Has to be that he was exposed almost as soon as he got there.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #25594

Liked 2548 Times on 1653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Dropped Sue off with his Mom Friday. I already miss my little sidekick. And he's already got strep throat. Has to be that he was exposed almost as soon as he got there.
Or on the way there. Gas pump handles are some of the most germ laden objects in this country.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #25595

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

Or on the way there. Gas pump handles are some of the most germ laden objects in this country.
That makes perfect sense, but considering he's 7, and I don't have it, I'd have to say if he was exposed on the way there, I don't think he got it from a gas pump handle. We made one stop for gas and restroom, and brought our own food, so he could have gotten it when we stopped for head call, but I also supervised his hand washing. No, I have to say he probably was exposed when he was playing with a couple of his Mom's neighbor's kids Saturday.

On a completely unrelated note, y'all check out this epic fail...

http://intellihub.com/2013/06/03/lapd-caught-in-intense-armed-standoff-with-call-of-duty-video-game-statue/

Old 06-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #25596
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1062 Times on 631 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
With luck like his, it could be raining lady parts and he'd get smacked in the face with a pecker.
With your permission I am gonna steal that and use it often!!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:11 AM   #25597

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post

With your permission I am gonna steal that and use it often!!
Go for it, I stole it myself!

Old 06-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #25598
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8669 Times on 5011 Posts
Likes Given: 11254

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I haven't seen you reporting any posts, so I guess it is not a sufficient issue to you.
That's because I rarely report posts. I don't see it as a useful contribution (which I strive to provide in my posts). I feel it is better to call people on bad behavior so that they might see the error of their ways. Apparently some people disagree. In that whole exchange though I did notice that my posts and the ones by others who agreed with me were the only ones that got an "likes" at all. On the other hand the old Grand Kleagle duder didn't get a single one and probably would have generated more than a few "dislikes" if that was an option.

I am a bit confused now. Are reported posts taken down but the person who created the post is not notified? That doesn't seem right to me. If my post was reported (for what reason I have no idea), shouldn't I be informed so that I might adjust my future posts so nobody gets their panties in a wad?

Quote:
Or do you just want to keep some posts up to justify your offense?
Not sure what you mean here.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 06-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #25599
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3574 Times on 1986 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:

Oh, I reported it when it happened, and without replying to it (kinda proud of that). I have no idea what y'all mods did about it. he's still here, but he didn't post for a while afterwards, so I suspect he probably got a vacation.

There was one more pretty recently that was slightly bullying, and slightly out of line, but I didn't bother because I knew it was a blind misunderstanding that I could hopefully set straight. Whether I did or not, that particular issue was dropped very quickly once I informed the guy he had no argument to stand on, since I'd already cleared his allegations before he even brought it up, and provided the proof from another thread.
It was me, I send all kinds of mean and insulting PMs to Trip. Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post

I blame a full moon!

MM I worry about you, as much bad luck and as many accidents as you have, there must be someone else on this planet that has the most incredible luck and has never had an accident!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post

with luck like yours you could buy the winning jackpot ticket and still somehow have to pay them the money
Quote:

With luck like his, it could be raining lady parts and he'd get smacked in the face with a pecker.
Generally It isn't bad luck. It's bad judgement, there's a difference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post

If nothing else, it's very creative.
He is quite clever.

Quote:

Hand sanitizer is the best.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:56 AM   #25600

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Who's kids lick gas pump handles? Dude!?