Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2550
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #25491
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Yes, but she was a friend of several years. We were on a first name basis.
I found out later that the kid had called her earlier and told them we had been abusing her. That's why she had a bee in her bonnet.
And all juvenile case workers and adult friends know kids, especially troubled kids, never lie.

You do realize she was never really a friend, right? And you cut her loose I hope with a few clear shots across the bow!?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:29 AM   #25492
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16514

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock
And all juvenile case workers and adult friends know kids, especially troubled kids, never lie.

You do realize she was never really a friend, right? And you cut her loose I hope with a few clear shots across the bow!?
There are two sides to every tale. The trouble is the first information carries the most weight. I cut her loose alright. Learned to handle the kids my way. The heck with their psychology.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 AM   #25493
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2512

To gain the trust of hurting, abused children, the workers HAVE TO take their side consistently. That can be awkward when they have become friends with people who are later accused by their adopted children. Sucks to be on the receiving end of it. But that's an unfortunate part of the foster home / adoption process.

Hurting people hurt people. The child is hurting and using the only method that seems to the child to be working. The case worker is taking the child's side because kids in that situation need someone to trust them.

Hopefully it all gets sorted out. I don't think Mr. McCool and wife have abused the child. Probably the case worker knows that also. But someone has to stay connected in a trust relationship with the child. That job often falls to the case worker.

Just sayin' there's more than one viewpoint here. Try to picture all of them before judging any.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-31-2013, 03:46 AM   #25494
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16514

At that time we had five kids in the house. We assigned every one a laundry day. She ran out of jeans one time because she had not washed her clothes. I made her wear a dress. The HRS/DHR people told me I could not make her wear a dress because it was humiliating. I told them there are a bunch of humiliated Amish and Muslims who needed their attention.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 03:48 AM   #25495

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

There are three sides to a story: yours, mine, and the truth. Kinda explains the human nature that always seems to surface, whether you want it to or not.

Mrmc: letting us know you foster has, imo, let you off the hook for an earlier comment.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 03:58 AM   #25496

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
I don't think Mr. McCool and wife have abused the child. Probably the case worker knows that also. But...
Oh, I have no doubt he and his wife abused the child. That's not the real issue. I am not his friend nor someone whose job it is to get kids who must be house broken placed in a home permanently to be succcessful. She owed him the benefit of the doubt. We, however, know him better and can presume the kids are physically and psychologically tortured...

Kidding!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:05 AM   #25497
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
To gain the trust of hurting, abused children, the workers HAVE TO take their side consistently. That can be awkward when they have become friends with people who are later accused by their adopted children. Sucks to be on the receiving end of it. But that's an unfortunate part of the foster home / adoption process.

Hurting people hurt people. The child is hurting and using the only method that seems to the child to be working. The case worker is taking the child's side because kids in that situation need someone to trust them.

Hopefully it all gets sorted out. I don't think Mr. McCool and wife have abused the child. Probably the case worker knows that also. But someone has to stay connected in a trust relationship with the child. That job often falls to the case worker.

Just sayin' there's more than one viewpoint here. Try to picture all of them before judging any.
i have a friend that he and his wife are foster parents. very stressful and heartbreaking job at imes. it takes very special people to open their homes up to children who have sometimes been dealt a bad hand in life and have lots of emotional baggage.

and people shouldn't jump to conclusions about other people without knowing all the facts first.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:10 AM   #25498
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2512

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
Oh, I have no doubt he and his wife abused the child. That's not the real issue. I am not his friend nor someone whose job it is to get kids who must be house broken placed in a home permanently to be succcessful. She owed him the benefit of the doubt. We, however, know him better and can presume the kids are physically and psychologically tortured...

Kidding!
Matt, not all of what you said was kidding. She (the case worker) owed Mr. McCool the benefit of the doubt. But she also owed the kid some trust. She couldn't do both, so she had to pick one. She picked the one who was least able to deal with the situation maturely, trusting Mr. McCool to handle it.

Sounds like Mr. McCool is handling it his way. Kudos to Mr. McCool for handling an impossibly difficult task!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #25499

Liked 1226 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Ooooo the bikey likes a wittle bit of nitromethane ...... my eyes dont though

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 05-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #25500

Liked 1226 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Haaa , how bout the dude that robbed me blind last year just died from an overdose ? Hows that for restitution ?
I do feel bad for his kids though , such a shame their daddy was druggie and now he has pissed it all away .

Thats what happens to these user who are using alot before they go in , they get clean then when they start using to try to hit that same dose and it kills them

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”