Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2544
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 04:10 AM   #25431
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Funny, seems like 60 rounds would have been enough for the electric meter.... Just sayin'
I think he was shooting in a manner in to a proper backstop...although this is MM we're talking about...

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Balota Likes This 
Old 05-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #25432

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

User beware: ants seem to love frog lube.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #25433

Liked 2623 Times on 1709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
What is the penalty for cutting your neighbor's power? Misdemeanor?
Anything to do with my lights blinking tonight? Hmmm.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #25434

Liked 1242 Times on 891 Posts
Likes Given: 624

I had no intentions of going over there , several fights broke out and I am not one for fighting and I tend to avoid conflict , hell I am 30yo and have NEVER been in a fist fight , never , always been afraid i would choke out the other guy or punch him in the throat . Been sucker punched a time or 2 , last time it was me and a buddy against 9 drunk dudes , I forsaw the outcome of that one and walked away .
There is certain groups of people you just dont confront , there is power in numbers and sprinkle drugs and alcohol in and its 100% going to be bad .

I am getting ready to start on my camera system after I fix my phone that keeps freaking out and randomly calling people .

I did turn off the main at our beach neighbors house one time . We had been having a little spat with them . We left early one weekend and I know for a fact that I shut off the water main but it got turned back on and the water hose was cut . 2300.00 water bill .
So I made them have to go buy a new fridge after all the food they left there rotted and ruined it . We both stopped after that lol

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 05-28-2013 at 04:14 PM.
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #25435
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Might be electrocution if you don't know what you are doing!!
I have been surprised before; a roomie of mine got mad at the neighbors and cut their power and phone lines with a pair of 3' boltcutters. I couldn't believe he didn't fry.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #25436
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8965 Times on 5209 Posts
Likes Given: 11784

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
What is the penalty for cutting your neighbor's power? Misdemeanor?
My neighbors had their power cut by the utility company 6 months ago. They started bypassing the meter straight from the transformer to keep their pot growing operation going. Two more calls over the next couple of months and the utility came out and disconnected them again. The last time (a month ago?) they stripped the line back I guess. Since then they have been running a generator from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM. Nothing we can do about it legally.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #25437
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
User beware: ants seem to love frog lube.
Wonders what exactly was being lubed.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #25438
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
My neighbors had their power cut by the utility company 6 months ago. They started bypassing the meter straight from the transformer to keep their pot growing operation going. Two more calls over the next couple of months and the utility came out and disconnected them again. The last time (a month ago?) they stripped the line back I guess. Since then they have been running a generator from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM. Nothing we can do about it legally.
http://www.ehow.com/how_7510304_use-portable-generators-california.html

Not to root against the growers, but there are rules on how portable generators may be used, even more if they exceed 50 hp. Do a search and see what you can see.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #25439
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7980 Times on 4790 Posts
Likes Given: 10261

Default Adventures in Jamaica......

So I wanted to float around the "lazy river" part of the pool. The challenge was getting my butt into one of those inner tubes. So I thought I'd hold the inner tube to my butt and sit back down on it. So, that's what I do. The momentum keeps going and I do a back flip into the water....sunhat, sun glasses and all. I come up sputtering and laughing only to see a resort photographer there. Surprised, this is how the conversaton goes....

Me: What are you doing here?
Photog: I came to see the back flip.
Me: You didn't see it, did you?
Photog: No, I heard you scream and I knew exactly what happened because it happens all the time.

Then we both had a good laugh. He did NOT get a picture of that. I would have had to confiscate his camera.

I have a lot of good pictures I will post once I get home. I still have Florida to visit after I'm done here in Jamaica.

I am discovering good drinks like Jamaica Smile, Blue Breeze, Dirty Banana, Miami Vice. And the food is endless.........

People Like This 
Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #25440
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8965 Times on 5209 Posts
Likes Given: 11784

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
http://www.ehow.com/how_7510304_use-portable-generators-california.html

Not to root against the growers, but there are rules on how portable generators may be used, even more if they exceed 50 hp. Do a search and see what you can see.
The laws do not apply in the same way since the genny is their "only source of power". The closest neighbor has been doing everything he can do to get them shut down. Unfortunately, here in the PROC, we (the neighbors) have no rights.

Just to illustrate this fact the property in question has the following list of violations that I can remember and am aware of!!

1) Septic system bypassed and raw sewage was being dumped directly into a neighbor's pond, killing it.- They were required to install a new septic system. No compensation or reparations were made to the neighbor for their pond.

2) Illegal cabin was remodeled and occupied.- They were required to remove the tenant and remove all appliances to render the cabin uninhabitable until such a time as the cabin could be brought up to code. The cabin has since been occupied periodically and none of the appliances were removed.

3) Tenant from the cabin was moved into the warehouse where he was operating a furniture refinishing business occupying the same space. The front part of the building was rented to a "Drift Car business", where they were building drift cars 24 hours a day and "testing" open-pipe engines at all hours of the night. Not surprisingly they were also cooking meth and selling drugs from the building.

4) When the tenants from #3 were evicted by the County, they started building up their pot growing operations. Here is when they got busted:

Quote:
2nd Big Pot Bust on XXXXX Road - April 15 2013

On Monday, April 15th, representatives of PG&E were accompanied by deputies with the Santa Clara Sheriffs department for an inspection at 20XXX XXXX Road. The inspection revealed illegal splices, or taps, directly into PG&E power lines inside and around the main two story house on the property. This was enough for Sheriffs to obtain a search warrant for the 5,000 square foot building on the property that had been the subject of a previous investigation for illegal drug operations in June 2012. When the warrant was executed, deputies found 200+ plants inside two of nine large rooms that were set up for an automated large-scale growing operation. If all nine rooms had been operational, almost 1,000 plants could have been matured and sold every 40 days. This represents millions of dollars in illegal business - the kind of business that invites violence into our neighborhood.

THIS IS A DANGEROUS SITUATION that has been occurring in OUR COMMUNITY. The possibility for fire, violence and innocent victims is UNACCEPTABLE. There are several suspects including the owner of the property and current tenants. All have ties to known drug dealers/gang members in San Francisco.

One of the suspects that occupied the property is currently wanted by San Francisco Police on cocaine and gang-related charges. According to the Sheriff's department, he has a long criminal record, including assault, mugging, and burglary.

All of this occurred within 20 feet of where neighborhood children play.

We can keep this kind of dangerous behavior and people out of our community if we work together! Stay vigilant, report suspicious behavior, vehicles, and people. We live in a beautiful neighborhood, let's keep it that way!
5) The result of the above referenced bust is that PG&E (the utility) stripped back the power lines and the property has been powered by a generator that is located right at the property line where it causes a great deal of problems for that neighbor.

The property was foreclosed on back in February and is being occupied illegally ever since.

This is all I can think of at the moment.

Oh, the property is on the market from what I understand. They are asking $1.8 million for this dump.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This