Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2543
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #25421
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Shot my first CMP match cold with a borrowed Garand. Impressed myself with never having shot one and just taking the 10 sighters. MAJOR bug in the pants now. I just need to call and make sure they have some in stock at Camp Perry, take the day off and drive the 5.5 hours over there to pick one up, and try to find ranges as I drive back
People Like This 
Old 05-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #25422

Liked 898 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

I missed my last CMP match.... A friend gave me concert ticket and I didnt get home until late...

They hold them the third sunday every month, where im at, so ill just catch the next one...

Old 05-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #25423
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

It was a challenge but a blast! Great group of guys (and one young lady, maybe 10 years old, shooting a pink AR .223 and doing a nice job). I guess my age is showing but between that and going to the range afterwards to shoot some other stuff, man am I sore today. Arms, legs, back. Not a good day to play my first round of golf.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #25424

Liked 1315 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 650

Never a dull moment in the life of a boatmonkey .
Saturday , closing up shop , get THAT feeling AGAIN , I walk the yard , secure somethings , make some mental notes , head home . 9 pm my house is vibrating and the kids are crying over some stupid ass rap music behind us , big ghetto party with a DJ . Yell kick scream throw , nothing worked . Out comes the 870 and bird shot , I stopped shy of shooting straight up and let it rain down on them '' got enough problems right now '' . Wait for a break in the music and cuss a bit at them ..... nothing , pretty pissed now and its getting late , out comes the AK , 60 rounds later ......nothing . Call the S.O TWICE !!!! nothing . BY this time its 12pm and its still rockin , call S.O and tell them its about to go down if they dont stop it , I have crying kids trying to sleep , neighbors are old and sick , trying to sleep and i just plain despise rap music . Finally gets shut down .

Sunday , grab my son and head to work to get the boat ready , roll up and one of the salesmen is walking the yard counting how many converters got stolen
.........Remember that feeling I had ???????!!!!!!!
Well shopmate called a friend of ours about 1:30 am to go lock up a trailer at our shop , he rols up and they run . They left their generator , tool cart dewalt sawzalls , drop cords , racing jacks and all of our converters , when he pulled up they were fixing to load and leave . We know who it is though .

Sunday night , I camp out in the woods across the st from the shop where i could see the whole place . 1 am a expidition pulls in and blacks out , I am fully awake , locked and loaded . I sit tight to see what goes down and nothing , they just sit there . So I called in and told them I what i had and was doing , 911 told me NOT to approach .... LMAO yea right too late .
dude comes crawling out of the back seat asking ME what I wanted .
I want to know what your doing on my property at 1am blacked out ?
Trying to sleep man ! I just need a break .... Alright then but Im watching you .
Head back over to my perfect hiding spot and I head the S.O coming through the main intersection up the st , well he hit his siren when crossing , that spooked the guy in my yard , he takes off , the deputies passed him hauling ass , they see him and rolled around to go after him . Well I had to wait for them to go by before i puled out . We get the main intersection and we had lost him , One deputy goes straight , the other goes left and I bust it right . Well I caught up to him , called the S.O back and they catch up to me but he had just crossed the county line so the next town gets up to him , he runs , it wont a long chase but he ran to his home . Told us he was coming from VA and was just tired . He ended up being drunk .
Figured with all the action no one would hit the shop again so I went home .

Monday , son is sick , real sick . Went out on the boat , said he felt good enough to go , get out there and the poor thing wanted to play so bad but he started puking ...... in the swim area LOL in the water LOL . Loaded up , made my rounds to all my customers on the lake to make sure they were good and now were home .
Just another weekend .............

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 05-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #25425
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Never a dull moment in the life of a boatmonkey .
Saturday , closing up shop , get THAT feeling AGAIN , I walk the yard , secure somethings , make some mental notes , head home . 9 pm my house is vibrating and the kids are crying over some stupid ass rap music behind us , big ghetto party with a DJ . Yell kick scream throw , nothing worked . Out comes the 870 and bird shot , I stopped shy of shooting straight up and let it rain down on them '' got enough problems right now '' . Wait for a break in the music and cuss a bit at them ..... nothing , pretty pissed now and its getting late , out comes the AK , 60 rounds later ......nothing . Call the S.O TWICE !!!! nothing . BY this time its 12pm and its still rockin , call S.O and tell them its about to go down if they dont stop it , I have crying kids trying to sleep , neighbors are old and sick , trying to sleep and i just plain despise rap music . Finally gets shut down .

Sunday , grab my son and head to work to get the boat ready , roll up and one of the salesmen is walking the yard counting how many converters got stolen
.........Remember that feeling I had ???????!!!!!!!
Well shopmate called a friend of ours about 1:30 am to go lock up a trailer at our shop , he rols up and they run . They left their generator , tool cart dewalt sawzalls , drop cords , racing jacks and all of our converters , when he pulled up they were fixing to load and leave . We know who it is though .

Sunday night , I camp out in the woods across the st from the shop where i could see the whole place . 1 am a expidition pulls in and blacks out , I am fully awake , locked and loaded . I sit tight to see what goes down and nothing , they just sit there . So I called in and told them I what i had and was doing , 911 told me NOT to approach .... LMAO yea right too late .
dude comes crawling out of the back seat asking ME what I wanted .
I want to know what your doing on my property at 1am blacked out ?
Trying to sleep man ! I just need a break .... Alright then but Im watching you .
Head back over to my perfect hiding spot and I head the S.O coming through the main intersection up the st , well he hit his siren when crossing , that spooked the guy in my yard , he takes off , the deputies passed him hauling ass , they see him and rolled around to go after him . Well I had to wait for them to go by before i puled out . We get the main intersection and we had lost him , One deputy goes straight , the other goes left and I bust it right . Well I caught up to him , called the S.O back and they catch up to me but he had just crossed the county line so the next town gets up to him , he runs , it wont a long chase but he ran to his home . Told us he was coming from VA and was just tired . He ended up being drunk .
Figured with all the action no one would hit the shop again so I went home .

Monday , son is sick , real sick . Went out on the boat , said he felt good enough to go , get out there and the poor thing wanted to play so bad but he started puking ...... in the swim area LOL in the water LOL . Loaded up , made my rounds to all my customers on the lake to make sure they were good and now were home .
Just another weekend .............
Why on Earth haven't you invested in a good video surveillance system yet? Seems to me you have lost well over what it wold cost to buy one.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #25426

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Sounds awful. "60 rounds later" means what exactly tho?

Old 05-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #25427
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8970 Times on 4841 Posts
Likes Given: 18952

What is the penalty for cutting your neighbor's power? Misdemeanor?

Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 AM   #25428
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1368 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Might be electrocution if you don't know what you are doing!!
People Like This 
Old 05-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #25429

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Probably a felony of some sort.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #25430
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3014 Times on 1827 Posts
Likes Given: 2929

Funny, seems like 60 rounds would have been enough for the electric meter.... Just sayin'
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.