Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2538
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #25371
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3863 Times on 2140 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
On the boat now. Drove my 300 mile trip to office. Tired as hell, semi past me doing 80, piece of rebar or something was dragging off his trailer when he went by, throwing sparks. Though I needed to back away so I let off the throttle. Good thing I did, 10' or so long piece flew off his truck all over road. Missed that. Made it to boat, johnboat throttle broke. Ended up rowing the bastard with 1000lbs of supplies and 3 people UP the Ohio river to the boat. I'm ready for bed. This day has SUCKED!
I don't know what that is but it sounds like you need a better mechanic. :P

You guys have to stop posting while I'm in class so I can keep up and make sure you're not talking about me :P

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #25372

Liked 814 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 125

The AC is on. God I missed it. It's just so...
...cool.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:23 AM   #25373

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Went into work last night, somewhere between 2115 and 2130. Busy, busy night. Had some of the outer edges of the storm system that spurred the tornadoes in Oklahoma hit us. Even the very edges of that system were strong. We had branches down all over the place. No injuries, no major property damage, but a lot of work for me.

Anyways... continuing on into the day... boss man is watching me eat lunch, dropping food out of my mouth and drooling because I'm too tired to chew right (right now, I've been up since 0700 yesterday, minus an hour long afternoon nap, and was busting my ass all night last night.)

So, he says, "Ya know, as far as I'm concerned, you clocked out at 1400 today..."

I can take a hint. G'night y'all. Afternoon. What ever. I've got a recliner calling my name, then some yard work in a couple hours.
Oh suck it up. I punched in at 0700 tuesday. Worked until 1600, then voted and went to subway for dinner w/ Mrs. DS. That's when the bottom fell out. We got 4 inches of rain in about 3 hours. The on call phone started ringing at 1730 I punched out at 0530 this morning went home took a shower ate some oatmeal and went back to work at 0700. Did my shift then went and bought a boat on the other side of Memphis. Just got back and going to bed.

NEVER FORGET

Old 05-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #25374

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Oh suck it up. I punched in at 0700 tuesday. Worked until 1600, then voted and went to subway for dinner w/ Mrs. DS. That's when the bottom fell out. We got 4 inches of rain in about 3 hours. The on call phone started ringing at 1730 I punched out at 0530 this morning went home took a shower ate some oatmeal and went back to work at 0700. Did my shift then went and bought a boat on the other side of Memphis. Just got back and going to bed.
Damn dude. That's why I'm glad I don't have to go on call.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #25375

Liked 1243 Times on 892 Posts
Likes Given: 625

Quote:
It's bad news when a fat guy loses his Bacon cheeseburger...Eeeek
Thats when you know chit just got real ! lol

Went to back dr this morning , back is getting worse and I had to talk him into xraying my finger , he said it was nothing but after the x-ray showed I have something metal IN the freaking joint he changed his mind . Never thought it would have been that , gotta go next week and get it scheduled to get cut on .
That sun biotch huuuurts like hell AND its my striking paper hand

Oh well , time to crank some Al Green and get some boats pushed out for the weekend
Oh and I have the following movies if anyone wants the link
Identity thief
Fast and Furious 6 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!
The new star trek AWESOME
Iron Man 3
New die hard movie
Snitch

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 05-23-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #25376

Liked 831 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 953

Aarrrgggg!! I cant take it anymore!! If I dont get a job soon Im going to go insane!! Im so tired of being so @^@%@* poor.....

Old 05-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #25377
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Aarrrgggg!! I cant take it anymore!! If I dont get a job soon Im going to go insane!! Im so tired of being so @^@%@* poor.....
Well, what do you do and what area do you live in? Got lots of people on this forum. Networking is one of the best ways to get foot in the door.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 05-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #25378
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8966 Times on 5210 Posts
Likes Given: 11789

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Well, what do you do and what area do you live in? Got lots of people on this forum. Networking is one of the best ways to get foot in the door.
He's a dirty Hippie. Not much market for that in AZ. Best move to Cali and start up a pot farm.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
orangello Likes This 
Old 05-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #25379
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7988 Times on 4791 Posts
Likes Given: 10269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
He's a dirty Hippie. Not much market for that in AZ. Best move to Cali and start up a pot farm.
This was a terrible post!!!

Old 05-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #25380

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
This was totally uncalled for - - - if he is a personal friend and you are doing this as a joke you need to say it to his face, not in a public forum - - - if not and I was an administrator you would be banned for life! I feel now it is good for both of us we are separated by many miles!

Sorry but I don't like mean spirited people - - - in 1971 we had to under go 30 days of "sensitivity training" before being discharged from the Corps so that we would not pinch the head off the first person to spit on us and call us "baby killers" but my training is wearing thin and I am not as forgiving as I once was.