Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #25361
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Woo!! Get to run up to a city about three hours from me to get my uniform and rest of my kit today. To think, only a week and five days until I head out to "beautiful BritishColombia."

Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #25362
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8384 Times on 3628 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Daggle- I had a jobsite at the top end of the Eisenhower Tunnel. 11,158 ft above sea level at the top end. Had been in Colorado about a week. Standing at the pull out on I-70, lit a Marlboro.

OK, THAT was not smart!

Smokers actually DO have more red blood cells than non smokers. Unfortunately, that is because a lt of them do not work- they are loaded with carbon monoxide from the smoke. Once a red cell latches on to CO, it does not want to release it, unlike CO2.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #25363

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Cinder has had a couple tests on electronics already in her new phase of training. Nothing less than perfection!

Old 05-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #25364

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Went into work last night, somewhere between 2115 and 2130. Busy, busy night. Had some of the outer edges of the storm system that spurred the tornadoes in Oklahoma hit us. Even the very edges of that system were strong. We had branches down all over the place. No injuries, no major property damage, but a lot of work for me.

Anyways... continuing on into the day... boss man is watching me eat lunch, dropping food out of my mouth and drooling because I'm too tired to chew right (right now, I've been up since 0700 yesterday, minus an hour long afternoon nap, and was busting my ass all night last night.)

So, he says, "Ya know, as far as I'm concerned, you clocked out at 1400 today..."

I can take a hint. G'night y'all. Afternoon. What ever. I've got a recliner calling my name, then some yard work in a couple hours.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #25365

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

On the boat now. Drove my 300 mile trip to office. Tired as hell, semi past me doing 80, piece of rebar or something was dragging off his trailer when he went by, throwing sparks. Though I needed to back away so I let off the throttle. Good thing I did, 10' or so long piece flew off his truck all over road. Missed that. Made it to boat, johnboat throttle broke. Ended up rowing the bastard with 1000lbs of supplies and 3 people UP the Ohio river to the boat. I'm ready for bed. This day has SUCKED!

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #25366

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
On the boat now. Drove my 300 mile trip to office. Tired as hell, semi past me doing 80, piece of rebar or something was dragging off his trailer when he went by, throwing sparks. Though I needed to back away so I let off the throttle. Good thing I did, 10' or so long piece flew off his truck all over road. Missed that. Made it to boat, johnboat throttle broke. Ended up rowing the bastard with 1000lbs of supplies and 3 people UP the Ohio river to the boat. I'm ready for bed. This day has SUCKED!
That's not even humanly possible. Wow!

Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #25367

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Ky , must just be a bad day for being on the water . Aunt was late getting to my house for babysitting , had a customers pontoon on the hook to deliver and grab my pontoon to go service 3 other pontoons on the water .
Get to the guard shack , Aholes wont let me in , bunch of new guys all b/c the boat did not have a POA sticker . Finally got a community leo to run the numbers and let me in . 2nd time I had that happen in 7 yrs and boy ol boy was I pissed off at them .
Get to my boat , dock the other one , go up and grab the 1st boat to service , knock it out , grab mine head tot he grill for lunch .
On the way back I was walking around my boat at full throttle and the SOB runs out of fuel throwing my fat ass to the deck and dropping my bacon cheese burger
Apparently that boats stops fast when it runs out of gas , back at the shop now , lets see where this day goes

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #25368
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Had a leak somewhere under my kitchen sink, called the maintenance people, find out that the garbage disposal is the main culprit, maintenance is replacing that and the sink faucets.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #25369

Liked 2344 Times on 1525 Posts

It's bad news when a fat guy loses his Bacon cheeseburger...Eeeek

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #25370

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
It's bad news when a fat guy loses his Bacon cheeseburger...Eeeek