Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #25321
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3151 Times on 1758 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post

Moving from California. I thought it was 3 hours to Evanston, Lander and Cheyenne. Maybe 2.5 to Cheyenne.
Nitestalker is from Wyoming as well.

Hope you like wind, and sage brush and snow in May. it's a great place, really...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #25322
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8044 Times on 4640 Posts
Likes Given: 10380

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Never had cat that I know of, but I'm still suspicious of that one Chinese place.

First Trip says this^^^^^, then KYTowboater says the following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Sister in law had baby last night. A few hours after we left the hospital. Had to get our tired baby home lol.

At dealership for regular service then headed home to pick up my girls and go see our baby niece.

The hospital won't let our almost 3year old daughter in the room. First I've heard of that.

WORST SEGUE EVER!!!

(I'm glad KYTowboater has not eaten any babies!)

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #25323

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

First Trip says this^^^^^, then KYTowboater says the following.

WORST SEGUE EVER!!!

(I'm glad KYTowboater has not eaten any babies!)
Ha! I see what you pointed out there.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #25324

There has been a manhunt for my best friend's cousin up north after he killed his wife and two kids. They are going to have a Hell of a time finding him. He's well practiced in survival. He is a couple of years younger than me and has been growing pot out in the boonies- basically surviving off the land- up in Humboldt County since we were in high school. His dad (buddy's uncle) tried to hire my buddy and me to camp out on grow sites back in the day (we refused despite a huge promised paycheck) but Shane took over the old man's business. From what the family says, Shane has around $5 million stashed away in cash, gold, silver and other stuff. The King range is his home territory and it is some of the most rugged land out there. Plenty of game to survive on, and no vehicle access is possible throughout most of the area.

http://www.times-standard.com/news/ci_23281293/manhunt-shane-miller-day-12-deputies-continue-scaled

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #25325
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6563 Times on 3586 Posts
Likes Given: 12850

Follow the Cheetos.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

orangello Likes This 
Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #25326
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
There has been a manhunt for my best friend's cousin up north after he killed his wife and two kids. They are going to have a Hell of a time finding him. He's well practiced in survival. He is a couple of years younger than me and has been growing pot out in the boonies- basically surviving off the land- up in Humboldt County since we were in high school. His dad (buddy's uncle) tried to hire my buddy and me to camp out on grow sites back in the day (we refused despite a huge promised paycheck) but Shane took over the old man's business. From what the family says, Shane has around $5 million stashed away in cash, gold, silver and other stuff. The King range is his home territory and it is some of the most rugged land out there. Plenty of game to survive on, and no vehicle access is possible throughout most of the area.

http://www.times-standard.com/news/ci_23281293/manhunt-shane-miller-day-12-deputies-continue-scaled
No offense, but what's it like to know a POS like that. Never been in that close of a position before. Any signs he was nuts enough to kill his little girls, much less his wife?

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 05-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #25327

Liked 332 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 6

found out this morning that the owner of the house we were working at Friday morning died....while we were there working.

He laid down to take a nap, we left at 12:45, his wife went to wake him up at 1:30 & he was already cold. Just weird knowing he died with 4 other people in the house & no one knew

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 05-21-2013, 03:58 AM   #25328

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Damn dude. That has to be a pretty odd feeling.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #25329

Liked 332 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I think it was around 11 he laid down for a nap, so who knows when he passed.

When I found that out, it made bitchin about gas prices feel pretty pointless this morning

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #25330

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
No offense, but what's it like to know a POS like that. Never been in that close of a position before. Any signs he was nuts enough to kill his little girls, much less his wife?
Last time I saw him was at a family wedding some 12 years ago or so. I don't think he was married at the time, almost certain of it. He and his dad are pretty strange. Black sheep of the family for sure. Shane is not someone I would have ever wanted to hang with. I'll put it this way, the whole deal where the dad asked my buddy and me to spend a summer camping out on one of his grow sites for a couple grand was really strange- we had just graduated from high school, my buddy's dad was a powerful attorney in the area and a former cop. I have no doubt that my buddy's dad would have thrown the book at him for recruiting us (had he done so) and he had to know it. That takes a special kind of stupid in my book.

So he went and got his own son to do it, and Shane was still in high school at the time (1984).

Anyhow, I don't know the guy that well. It is strange knowing though. I didn't even think of it when I read about it a week or so ago. My buddy brought it up tonight and I had to think and see the mug shot to remind me of him.

Quote: