Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #25231
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Why do we always ignore our gut feelings ?
Time and time again I have ignored it and it has bite me in the ass .
Last night before leaving the shop I had a strange feeling that we would get hit last night and I should camp out . NAH , It will be a wast of time like it has always been , I wont be lucky enough to catch anyone anyway .

What happen ? Fence gets cut , dont know if anything is missing , dont look like it but still , the Judge with some #8 shot would teach a lesson
I hate that gut feeling, and yep, been burned multiple times not paying attention to it. Stupid me. Then again, going home might have kept you from serious harm. That sucks, but it's just stuff.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 05-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #25232
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6951 Times on 4182 Posts
Likes Given: 8360

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Did I ever mention I like onions? I bought this 10 lb. bag of Vadalia onions from The Shriners and the onions are mine......all mine. The onions were only $10 and all the money goes to The Shriner's Hospital. win/win

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Ive been craving homemade onion soup.
Come on over. I'd love to make some.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #25233

Liked 1036 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 537

Every time I get a out of the blue feeling that we will have a tractor trailer wreck , we get one with in 24hrs , same thing about people I have not talked to in a while and movies coming on tv . Not just randomly thinking about it , I mean an honest out of the blue feeling or thought . I must have a 6th sense of the future seeing ability .
The other night a trooper buddy came to mind and 10 minutes later he called , that happens alot , then I was thinking about so random ass old movie that I wanted to see then I turn on the tv and boom there it is .

Anyone ever have a dream about a place you have never seen or heard of before then later down the rd you see it ? It mind phugging ! Its only happened to me about 4 or 5 times but it freaks me out everytime lol , nothing special just mostly a building or something .

Prob best I dont catch anyone up here , from what i understand you cant hold at gun point until LE gets there but I damn sure would , SOB aint getting away from me and I refuse to run or tote an asswhoopin , either stop and wait for the popo or take some shot in the ass and tough it out and go home

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #25234
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

MM, maybe some bean bag rounds for the 12 gauge would be fun? I hear they have some with OC in them now.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #25235

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Seriously mm, I've dreamt of many places without seeing them. I also have incredibly lucid dreams...

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 05-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #25236
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1785 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

It's been 11 years since my father passed away on this day (May 17), I still miss him terribly...I sometimes truly wish that I could have died in his stead that day so that he and Mom could have had 11 more years together.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 05-18-2013, 02:20 AM   #25237
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Sorry to hear it Flynt, my Dad passed last November and it's been tough, miss him all the time. Really doubt it will ever get better. Mom misses him so much it's heart-breaking.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #25238
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 940 Times on 560 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I posted a few days ago about being dragged into the 21st century kicking and screaming, by being dumped by text message. Tonight I stopped at Chili's on the way home from work for a late supper, I walk into the rest room, and up to the urinal not in use, the guy at the other urinal is texting with both hands

For the life of me I can't think of one person I know who wouldn't waite till I was done in the restroom for a return text. Of course there are only 3 or 4 people I know who would rather text than talk.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #25239
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

That's about as bad as the people taking a piss or a $hit and still on the phone. What the heck are the people on the other end of the phone thinking with the flushing, farting, and splashing?

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 05-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #25240

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
It's been 11 years since my father passed away on this day (May 17), I still miss him terribly...I sometimes truly wish that I could have died in his stead that day so that he and Mom could have had 11 more years together.
My father was killed when I was 9 and my Mom remarried about 3 months later and I had that step father for 45 years till he was killed in a auto accident in 2003

I guess I was young enough that I only miss my real father a little but I still wish I could have been with him more ( assistant Chief of Police of Indianapolis, Lt. Cornel in Army Reserve, volunteer in many organizations ) and a great person to hang with.

But over the decades my step father did his best for us and learned to become a good father and grandfather - - - It has been 10 years but I still think of him almost everyday - - - wish he could enjoy my grandchildren.

I feel if these two men had not been great fathers I might not miss them. So by that thought process if you are still missing them they must have been a good part of your lives!

Think of your missing them as honoring their memory!