Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2509
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 01:56 AM   #25081
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KJG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,428
Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

Partially.. Its my B-day too....

(Yeah, I was born on mother's day....)
Happy bday Trez!

I lost my mom long ago, but she never wanted me to look back. Live for the day!
__________________
.
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World
KJG67 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 AM   #25082
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Drove by Jerry Garcia's old stomping grounds of Lompico this afternoon. Janis Joplin also spent some time there, though I never met either of them. My next door neighbors used to have parties back in the day and sometimes Garcia would show up and jam with whomever happened to be there (though it would not have been me).
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #25083
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,540
Liked 3969 Times on 2578 Posts

Default

I cooked baked beans for the guy- organized mothers day dinner. I made them from dry beans, white and red, and whipped up a homemade sauce. They were a hit, but, the gas. It's relentless.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #25084
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

You'd think that when it's known amongst your coworkers that you bring your kid to work in the morning, they would kinda have the sense to leave the stuff like the lucky charms and kiddie yogurt cups alone. I guess not. That's okay though, I made a very strongly worded sign.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #25085
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KJG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,428
Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez
Today sucks...
Feeling better today Trez?
__________________
.
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World
KJG67 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #25086
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 27,331
Liked 10329 Times on 6169 Posts
Likes Given: 15026

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
You'd think that when it's known amongst your coworkers that you bring your kid to work in the morning, they would kinda have the sense to leave the stuff like the lucky charms and kiddie yogurt cups alone. I guess not. That's okay though, I made a very strongly worded sign.
You're co-workers ate your son's food? Sheesh!!
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #25087
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

You're co-workers ate your son's food? Sheesh!!
Yeah, you would think a bunch of grown assed men, all who have kids of their own, could put two and two together. When there's a kid around every morning, plus fruity pebbles, lucky charms, yogurts and sprinkles... Hmmm... Wonder who that could be for?

I just bought that stuff Friday. It's ALL gone. never mind the fact that it's just messed up to eat it all and not replace it.

Oh well. Proper signage better cute that ****. Besides, since they don't wash the damn dishes I got from goodwill after they use them, I'll just take that **** home, even though I bought them for use at the office.
trip286 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #25088
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Okay, changing course.

I'm driving along, doing my rounds, and hear this shrieking. I stop as something enters my field of view from the right...
It's a woman dressed in a "wicked witch" from the wizard of oz costume. Complete with green makeup. On a broom. She ran into the street and began to run in circles.
Then she took off. I looked to the right again because of more racket coming, and here come two guys on stick ponies, wearing bikini briefs, with Santa beards and bellies, wearing boots and hats, chasing her, replete with "cowboy hollers" like you hear in cattle drive movies. They cross the street in front of me, closely followed by a black midget in a purple tophat and feather boa driving a shriner car, towing a radioflyer red wagon with a load of chihuahuas.

You can't make this **** up.

It brings to mind a couple of questions.
Are the Duck Commanders involved somehow?
Or... Is there a hidden camera somewhere, and this is some twisted version of "The Truman Show"?
Or... Am I freaking hallucinating? There were a few people on the sidewalk. A couple of them stopped and watched, the others paid no attention at all. If I'm hallucinating, did I hallucinate the other spectators too?
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #25089
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 4,189
Liked 1170 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Okay, changing course.

I'm driving along, doing my rounds, and hear this shrieking. I stop as something enters my field of view from the right...
It's a woman dressed in a "wicked witch" from the wizard of oz costume. Complete with green makeup. On a broom. She ran into the street and began to run in circles.
Then she took off. I looked to the right again because of more racket coming, and here come two guys on stick ponies, wearing bikini briefs, with Santa beards and bellies, wearing boots and hats, chasing her, replete with "cowboy hollers" like you hear in cattle drive movies. They cross the street in front of me, closely followed by a black midget in a purple tophat and feather boa driving a shriner car, towing a radioflyer red wagon with a load of chihuahuas.

You can't make this **** up.

It brings to mind a couple of questions.
Are the Duck Commanders involved somehow?
Or... Is there a hidden camera somewhere, and this is some twisted version of "The Truman Show"?
Or... Am I freaking hallucinating? There were a few people on the sidewalk. A couple of them stopped and watched, the others paid no attention at all. If I'm hallucinating, did I hallucinate the other spectators too?
Dude, I think that gas got to you!!
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #25090
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 4,189
Liked 1170 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Feeling better today Trez?
Yeah, Thanks...
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 73 04-06-2016 09:15 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM