Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2505
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #25041
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Wow, did I have a stowaway in my truck when I was talking to my kid? How would you know what I talked to him about, exactly?

And would it be hard to fathom that maybe I DID ask, and he doesn't seem to understand?

__________________
trip286 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #25042
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Sorry, really don't mean to say anything out of line, just responding to what you shared Trip. My apologies to you, Cinder, and all.

__________________

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-12-2013 at 03:50 AM.
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #25043
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,784
Liked 8960 Times on 5208 Posts
Likes Given: 11783

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Sorry, not at ALL implying that your son could possibly act out sublimated sexual irregularities if his possible earliest and perhaps inappropriate expressions of sexuality are superficially supressed but otherwise unknowingly acknowledged and approved.

I only felt it might be a good idea to find out if he meant "wow, that's hot," "wow, that's rude," or "wow, 'somethig else'" before you tell him he's a good boy (which of course he is -- no doubt) and to just hide what he's thinking. I'm just sayin'...
Wow. Y'all are just digging it deeper.

The kid commented on a girl's butt, and Trip talked to him about it. That's all he said.

When I read about or see on the news people who protest genuinely innocent things for reasons they give as "subliminal", "inappropriate" or some such other bullcrap I seriously question that person's motives and/or that they are themselves complete and utter deviants. Here is an example of this "much ado about nothing". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDbJFyKFcKM
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 AM   #25044
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Wow. Y'all are just digging it deeper... The kid commented on a girl's butt...
Well, he didn't comment, he (re)acted out(wardly). And he apparently got everyone's attention by it. A girl's butt was involved. You wrote "wow" too but then followed up by being critical (of everyone?) so we know what you meant. I don't know what the lad meant but as long as everyone else does that's all that matters.

I would trust you all more to be better parents and Presidents than anyone at an Obama cabinet meeting.
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:23 AM   #25045
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,784
Liked 8960 Times on 5208 Posts
Likes Given: 11783

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Well, he didn't comment, he (re)acted out(wardly). And he apparently got everyone's attention by it. A girl's butt was involved. You wrote "wow" too but then followed up by being critical (of everyone?) so we know what you meant. I don't know what the lad meant but as long as everyone else does that's all that matters.

I would trust you all more to be better parents and Presidents than anyone at an Obama cabinet meeting.
Fortunately I don't give a rip what you think. I have no problem with Sue saying "wow" at a girl. No problem at all. I do wonder about you though.

Anybody else think I am out of line? I will apologize profusely if I am.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #25046
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Fortunately I don't give a rip what you think. I have no problem with Sue saying "wow" at a girl. No problem at all. I do wonder about you though.

Anybody else think I am out of line? I will apologize profusely if I am.
I do. Apologize!

You are out of line for asking if you are out of line -- no-one else crowbarred your thoughts into this.

But I hadn't said you were out of line. Of course I was thinking it but I would never say it out loud where someone might hear me. They can never know...

Kidding!
__________________

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-12-2013 at 04:33 AM.
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #25047
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 9,086
Liked 7938 Times on 4296 Posts
Likes Given: 16823

Default

Are women really offended by a "wow?" It would make my freaking day!

__________________

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

MisterMcCool is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #25048
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,742
Liked 3860 Times on 2139 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Are women really offended by a "wow?" It would make my freaking day!
Depends on the girl.... Girls tend to think differently than men most the time
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #25049
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,784
Liked 8960 Times on 5208 Posts
Likes Given: 11783

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I do. Apologize!

You are out of line for asking if you are out of line -- no-one else crowbarred your thoughts into this.

But I hadn't said you were out of line. Of course I was thinking it but I would never say it out loud where someone might hear me. They can never know...

Kidding!
I did ask if anyone else objected. That would not be you. Trolls do not matter.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:37 AM   #25050
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Let's let it drop guys. Not worth it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

Depends on the girl.... Girls tend to think differently than men most the time
I hope you get offended when it's not me...
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 06:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 11:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 05:47 PM