Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2490
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #24891
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Im still slightly disappointed.... I was hoping to have a "new" car today. I just replaced all the brakes, rebuilt the carburetor, and replacing the struts was the last thing...

I wanted to see how much of a difference replacing everything at once made.... Now its gonna run & stop better, but still ride like crap....
Use the odd strut as a vibration damper for the engine.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #24892
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

I was told I saved Big Money at Menards yesterday. I looked at the receipt and told them they must have overcharged me.

I asked the teenage cashier what the definition of Big Money was - he just gave me a blank stare and looked like he was gonna panic.

At least when I go to Kohl's, I see the inflated retail amount of what I saved. Menards - not so much. Still thinking about emailing corporate what they define as Big Money, since it's not reflected on the receipt.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #24893

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Kohl's has some really great deals out of season sometimes. My ex snagged a $200 coat during a freak spring snowstorm in NC, for $12. No, I didn't forget a zero on the end, that's twelve dollars. I've gotten 4 dollar shirts there, 1 dollar shorts, 10 dollar shoes... Great stuff. Wish I had one nearby.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #24894

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

How is everyone doing still? Life is hectic but my car loan got approved so now I need to decide what I want,

Also I am looking at a new laptop but it has windows 8, but I have heard horrible things about windows 8, do any of you know if you can install windows 7 on it? Or does it take time getting use to windows 8? I have also heard windows 7 can cause blue death screen which I currently have or can something else cause that?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:49 AM   #24895
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7017 Times on 4223 Posts
Likes Given: 8456

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Kohl's has some really great deals out of season sometimes. My ex snagged a $200 coat during a freak spring snowstorm in NC, for $12. No, I didn't forget a zero on the end, that's twelve dollars. I've gotten 4 dollar shirts there, 1 dollar shorts, 10 dollar shoes... Great stuff. Wish I had one nearby.
Kohl's is a great store that has very good sales.
KJG67 Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #24896
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:

Yep - do most of our shopping there and often take advantage of the 20-30% off coupons we get every month. $12 is crazy cheap! That's quite a steal. I think Kohls' prices are competitive to the value of the clothes, but the real savings they promote on the receipts is more marketing to make you feel good. I don't think I'm saving a tremendous amout there usually - just paying a fair price for the quality I'm receiving. And that's fine. Sometimes I do walk out of there feeling I robbed the place though.

The Menards thing just struck me as funny. I have no intent on contacting corporate. Although it would be interesting to see what they feel 'big money' is, and how they could prove I saved it.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 05-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #24897

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You don't even know...
This was a very heavy suede leather coat with a hood, faux fur lined. In some other stores it could have easily gone for $400 at full retail.

Real leather. It was 70 degrees when we left the house. Two hours later, snowing. I believe it was April or May.

That's the only good thing I can really say in her favor, she knew how to find a good deal.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:09 AM   #24898
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
You don't even know...
This was a very heavy suede leather coat with a hood, faux fur lined. In some other stores it could have easily gone for $400 at full retail.

Real leather. It was 70 degrees when we left the house. Two hours later, snowing. I believe it was April or May.

That's the only good thing I can really say in her favor, she knew how to find a good deal.
Don't give her too much credit. Finding a good deal at Kohl's is easy. Anyone can do it.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 AM   #24899
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
How is everyone doing still? Life is hectic but my car loan got approved so now I need to decide what I want,

Also I am looking at a new laptop but it has windows 8, but I have heard horrible things about windows 8, do any of you know if you can install windows 7 on it? Or does it take time getting use to windows 8? I have also heard windows 7 can cause blue death screen which I currently have or can something else cause that?
I just bought a used, less than a year old, HP laptop from a co-worker. It has Windows 8 on it. I don't find it too difficult to use but I don't do anything real fancy with my computer and I am pretty computer illiterate so I don't have a lot of "unlearning" to do to learn Windows 8. My son said if I couldn't figure out Windows * he could make my computer look just like a Windows 7 computer. I don't think he was going to install Windows 7, he just knows how to make it look familiar to me. So far, I'm okay with Windows 8.

I would say buy yourself whatever new laptop you want and I don't think you'll have a hard time with Windows 8.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #24900
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I just bought a used, less than a year old, HP laptop from a co-worker. It has Windows 8 on it. I don't find it too difficult to use but I don't do anything real fancy with my computer and I am pretty computer illiterate so I don't have a lot of "unlearning" to do to learn Windows 8. My son said if I couldn't figure out Windows * he could make my computer look just like a Windows 7 computer. I don't think he was going to install Windows 7, he just knows how to make it look familiar to me. So far, I'm okay with Windows 8.

I would say buy yourself whatever new laptop you want and I don't think you'll have a hard time with Windows 8.
Told you Windows 8 was ok.