Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #24851
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post

Yeah I probably been out of the Navy longer than you've been alive July of this year will mark 31 years away from the Navy.
Do you frequent the seniors thread, ya crusty old seaman?

You know I'm ribbing ya right? Some folks don't get the inter service rivalries...

And yeah, I'm only 29... I intended to do at least 20 years, but when things got hairy and all I could think about was my baby boy, I decided I wouldn't be making a career out of it. To damn dangerous for a family man.

Winds: no idea what you're talking about. Sorry
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #24852
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DFlynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Festus, Missouri
Posts: 3,034
Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Do you frequent the seniors thread, ya crusty old seaman?

You know I'm ribbing ya right? Some folks don't get the inter service rivalries...

And yeah, I'm only 29... I intended to do at least 20 years, but when things got hairy and all I could think about was my baby boy, I decided I wouldn't be making a career out of it. To damn dangerous for a family man.

Winds: no idea what you're talking about. Sorry
Of course I know your kidding, if the Marines and the Navy didn't rib and squabble with each other I'd be worried! But by God let any other service branch (ours or foreign) try to get in on the fun and it was "General Quarters all hands man your battle stations" with Marines and Navy back to back taking on all comers.
__________________

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

DFlynt is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #24853
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post

Of course I know your kidding, if the Marines and the Navy didn't rib and squabble with each other I'd be worried! But by God let any other service branch (ours or foreign) try to get in on the fun and it was "General Quarters all hands man your battle stations" with Marines and Navy back to back taking on all comers.
Damn straight, as it should be!
__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #24854
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,832
Liked 19555 Times on 11098 Posts
Likes Given: 49205

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Of course I know your kidding, if the Marines and the Navy didn't rib and squabble with each other I'd be worried! But by God let any other service branch (ours or foreign) try to get in on the fun and it was "General Quarters all hands man your battle stations" with Marines and Navy back to back taking on all comers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Damn straight, as it should be!
my father having spent ten years in the Air Force was almost ashamed of me when i was a senior in high school and wanted to enlist in the Marines!
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #24855
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

my father having spent ten years in the Air Force was almost ashamed of me when i was a senior in high school and wanted to enlist in the Marines!
That's only because he knew you would be inherently more bad ass than him. It's classic jealousy

Did you ever join?
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #24856
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,832
Liked 19555 Times on 11098 Posts
Likes Given: 49205

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
That's only because he knew you would be inherently more bad ass than him. It's classic jealousy

Did you ever join?
no, a previous back injury disallowed me. then tried the Army. they said no dice too. as did the Navy and the Air Force and the Coast Guard. truly sucked.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #24857
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 5,694
Liked 2889 Times on 1613 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Default

Is it just me or do high school kids get smaller and dumber every year?

__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #24858
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Is it just me or do high school kids get smaller and dumber every year?
Not just you my dear. I asked a kid the other day if he was actually old enough to drive. He looked twelve. He claimed he was 19.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #24859
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
no, a previous back injury disallowed me. then tried the Army. they said no dice too. as did the Navy and the Air Force and the Coast Guard. truly sucked.
I wanted to be a pilot in the Air Force. Checked the requirements, and you have to have 20/20 vision. Ok, can't do that.

So I look into the Army and the Marine requirements for being on a tank crew. 20/20 vision again. WTF? Its a freaking tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Is it just me or do high school kids get smaller and dumber every year?
I don't know about getting smaller, but they are definitely getting dumber.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #24860
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Papa_Woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 294
Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Default

So my son, Ruger, is 7 months old. Took him out on the town today. Some lady commented on his cuteness ( he gets it from mom) and asked his name. I told her and she said " thats an interesting name, is it a family name". I would have stuck with "yes" but my wife chimed in and gave her the 'skinny'.

The lady mumbled something under her breath a damn near ran out of the store. My wife just looked at me, proud as hell, and laughed.

__________________
Papa_Woody is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM