Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2472
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #24711
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm thinking Cabela's would be cool

I really don't know. The only thing I really need to get my home complete is a blender and a microwave...

I'm thinking of getting back into Skeet shooting. Cinder will be getting a 1911 at some point, and she wants a rifle and shotgun, but for some reason I can't imagine her hunting...

Old 05-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #24712
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm thinking Cabela's would be cool

I really don't know. The only thing I really need to get my home complete is a blender and a microwave...

I'm thinking of getting back into Skeet shooting. Cinder will be getting a 1911 at some point, and she wants a rifle and shotgun, but for some reason I can't imagine her hunting...
Trip, my wife enjoys shooting and firearms as well, and would cook just about anything i hunted if i still did, but she has no desire to hunt herself.

now if i mention fishing, she'll be out the door with her rod and reel and tacklebox before me!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #24713
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 283 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Congrats on the engagement ! I highly recommend skeet shooting followed my sporting clays. A good 20 ga gas gun is ideal for most women and smaller children. We can talk about adj combs etc to achieve good "gun fit.". Plus side is she can hunt w it.

Benelli w be Excellent but slightly expensive $1,350 where an 1100 or 11-87 $6-800.

O/U are sweet but very pricey - don't go cheap - competition grade guns are expensive but they do hold their value.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #24714

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Anti-Semitism is dangerous for the toilers, for it is a false track which diverts them from the proper road and leads them into the jungle. Hence, Communists, as consistent internationalists, cannot but be irreconcilable and bitter enemies of anti-Semitism.
Hock, are you feeling poorly again? you sound like you might be coming down with a flu or virus.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #24715
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11541

Congratulations Trip, Cinder and Sue! Wishing you all of the best.

On the wedding, spend the money where it will bring the most everlasting joy. If you can't afford a big wedding then don't have one. The joy will still be there long after the excitement has died down. The wedding bills coming in for God knows how long afterwards will suffocate that joy. I'll shut up for now

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #24716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Congratulations Trip, Cinder and Sue! Wishing you all of the best.

On the wedding, spend the money where it will bring the most everlasting joy. If you can't afford a big wedding then don't have one. The joy will still be there long after the excitement has died down. The wedding bills coming in for God knows how long afterwards will suffocate that joy. I'll shut up for now
and i still think we can have the most epic and awesome batchelor party for $20 or less! course we might have to spend about $25 if we want strippers!

Old 05-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #24717

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Trip, my wife enjoys shooting and firearms as well, and would cook just about anything i hunted if i still did, but she has no desire to hunt herself.

now if i mention fishing, she'll be out the door with her rod and reel and tacklebox before me!
As far as I know, I think she's only ever been fishing once, a deep sea trip with her family last summer...

But the smile on her face while she's holding some wild looking fish is pretty awesome!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #24718

Liked 807 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 925

I been watching a bunch of car/truck commercials past & present... I thought modern vehicles were suppose to better gas mileage than older ones??
Ive noticed lots of "modern" trucks get about the same mileage as my 40 yr old Internationals and their made of heavy metals and are just about the most UN-aerodynamic body design ever...

Why does my nearly 30 yr old Rampage get better than my grandmas '01 Toyota?? The commercials for the late 70's / early 80's cars were saying they were getting near 50 MPG with a carb!!!???

Old 05-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #24719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
I been watching a bunch of car/truck commercials past & present... I thought modern vehicles were suppose to better gas mileage than older ones??
Ive noticed lots of "modern" trucks get about the same mileage as my 40 yr old Internationals and their made of heavy metals and are just about the most UN-aerodynamic body design ever...

Why does my nearly 30 yr old Rampage get better than my grandmas '01 Toyota?? The commercials for the late 70's / early 80's cars were saying they were getting near 50 MPG with a carb!!!???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMesx-CWbGk
Old 05-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #24720
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post

I think it is caused by irony. Seriously. It is the irony that in the quest for lower exhaust emissions they have increased fuel consumption. There is not a direct comparison between cars from 40 years ago and now, but if you look at the Smart 4Two, the European cars get 20% to 25% higher gas mileage than the otherwise "identical" car in the US. This is for the same engines where the only differences are in the US emissions requirements.

I am thinking that if you are burning 25% more fuel, there is probably zero net gain in the reduction of emissions. I cannot imagine the emissions in the US version are 25% less or better.

Now, on the other side of that coin I do see a noticeable and beneficial reduction in smog, at least here in California. 40 years ago I could look out my window here and not see the mountain range on the other side of the valley for the entire summer long due to the smog. There was a yellowish/brown smog that obscured the view.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.