Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2469
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #24681
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1974 Times on 1198 Posts
Likes Given: 2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
With all this talk of Debauchery- I want to know what Bauchery would be. Its always Debauchery.

Sort of like a Disgruntled Employee- why is no one ever Gruntled?

And if lawyers get disbarred, do fairies get disenchanted? Music writers get decomposed?

Umm... well, yes. I could see fairies being disenchanted, and I'm sure Beethoven is long since dust... but I've been a disgruntled employee for over 3 decades now and I'm always grunting and groaning... go figure.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #24682
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Running joke in the Marine Corps. "Lock a grunt in a padded cell, naked, with a steel ball bearing, and he can STILL find a way to break it."

"the ball bearing?"

"both."

"both of what?"

"the bearing AND the padded cell."
Sounds about right for some of the Marines I knew when I was in the Navy!

Knew a guy who was in the UK's Territorial Army, he told me they had an open house once and they had 2 Centurion tanks on display and kids were climbing in and out of them all day, when the display ended they went in to move the tanks and found that the kids had broken the main gun sight on one and had broken the breech block on the other!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 05-02-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #24683
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3309 Times on 1839 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Running joke in the Marine Corps. "Lock a grunt in a padded cell, naked, with a steel ball bearing, and he can STILL find a way to break it."

"the ball bearing?"

"both."

"both of what?"

"the bearing AND the padded cell."
That would be me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

go for it1 i won't tell anyone!

those are the same people who can tear up a steel ball bearing with a rubber mallet!
I never thought I'd say this...
You're not supposed to hit it with a hammer or a mallet!!

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 01:51 AM   #24684
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8311 Times on 4803 Posts
Likes Given: 10769

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
When I worked for the state, we had meetings and selected a search committee to find this legendary "gruntled" employee, with not results. They thought they had found one in the print shop, but he was just huffing the fumes.

In the office I was in, about 40% of the employees admitted to being on prescription medications for anxiety, depression, or just plain craziness. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing one of the ladies up front leave the counter to pop a "nerve pill" before dealing with a difficult taxpayer. I think the poor manager was sober on religious reasons, poor guy.
I notice you do not mention where you were in that bunch. Is this because you were in a class all your own in a parallel universe that nobody was aware of?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #24685

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I notice you do not mention where you were in that bunch. Is this because you were in a class all your own in a parallel universe that nobody was aware of?
Well, he sure as $#1t wasn't the sober guy.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Last edited by TheDaggle; 05-03-2013 at 02:06 AM. Reason: emoticon so he knows I love him

Old 05-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #24686
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 542 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 215

I think it is Bulls**t that officers get put on this paid administration leave all the time nowadays. It use to be just when an officer had to use deadly force but now I just saw the news that said two were placed on leave because they had to "forcefully detain" an individual who was being belligerent and refused to leave a house he was not authorized to be in. WTF?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #24687
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8926 Times on 3867 Posts
Likes Given: 1397

Ever hear of giving someone the bird?

Ladies and gents- I give you all the birds

https://www.youtube.com/embed/REP4S0uqEOc

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:36 AM   #24688
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7172 Times on 4316 Posts
Likes Given: 8745

Quote:
part of the reason i prefer cast iron skillets. it's kind of hard to tear up a cast iron skillet.
Quote:
another thing is that cast iron skillets have been around at least a couple of hundred years now. much longer than that teflon crap. people have been doing just fine with cast iron for many years. another good thing about cast iron cookware, it works great on a campfire too.
I only cook in cast iron or stainless steel pans. Though I do have one of those Orgreenic pans and, truly, it's pretty nice. My nephew got it for me one Christmas as a joke but I like it.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #24689
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I only cook in cast iron or stainless steel pans. Though I do have one of those Orgreenic pans and, truly, it's pretty nice. My nephew got it for me one Christmas as a joke but I like it.
if i had my choice, i would only own cast iron and stainless steel cookware. both are compatable with cooking on campfires!

Old 05-03-2013, 03:46 AM   #24690

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I have my cast iron. One made by lodge is a 10" a huge one emerial lagazzi brand, then a big lodge Dutch oven. Have a full calephlon (spelling?) stainless set.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.