Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2461
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #24601
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KJG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,428
Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
This ought to sadden your day up
Poor lil doggie crying over her beaver friend dying

Keep waiting for the beaver to jump up and bite the dog or the kid, after the beaver kills man thread we had.
__________________

.
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

KJG67 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #24602
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Score !
Boat #1 , been sitting for 3yrs , comes in for tune up , ends up needing a full rebuild
Boat #2 Newbie boat owner forgets to add 2 cycle oil to tank and then runs out of oil and no alarm sounds , cooks #3 piston

2 power head rebuilds in one week , not bad , not quick money but its big money

Both mercurys lol
There is this boat repair shop that is going out of business up the street from my shop, they are selling a bunch of stuff including 2 boats, one looks pretty cool- a Glasspar Seafair Phaeton. Are they any good? This is not a pic of it, but one I found on the interwebs.
glasspar.jpg  
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #24603
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,648
Liked 1290 Times on 758 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Score !
Boat #1 , been sitting for 3yrs , comes in for tune up , ends up needing a full rebuild
Boat #2 Newbie boat owner forgets to add 2 cycle oil to tank and then runs out of oil and no alarm sounds , cooks #3 piston

2 power head rebuilds in one week , not bad , not quick money but its big money

Both mercurys lol
Will you get any of it up front so you don't get stuck like you have on other jobs?
__________________
F4U is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #24604
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

There is this boat repair shop that is going out of business up the street from my shop, they are selling a bunch of stuff including 2 boats, one looks pretty cool- a Glasspar Seafair Phaeton. Are they any good? This is not a pic of it, but one I found on the interwebs.
Man, I would love that boat.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #24605
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Man, I would love that boat.
Its pretty rough but looks like it would clean up nice. I'll get some pics of the actual boat and post them.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #24606
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,648
Liked 1290 Times on 758 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Its pretty rough but looks like it would clean up nice. I'll get some pics of the actual boat and post them.
Old guy once told me, "the second happiest day of your life is the day you bring your new boat home, the happiest day of your life is the day you sell it". From what I have heard it is the same way with campers lol...
__________________
F4U is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #24607
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Old guy once told me, "the second happiest day of your life is the day you bring your new boat home, the happiest day of your life is the day you sell it". From what I have heard it is the same way with campers lol...
I've heard that.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #24608
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 17,653
Liked 10104 Times on 4357 Posts
Likes Given: 1609

Default

Definition- Boat:

A hole in the water, surrounded by wood, aluminum or fiberglass, into which the owner pours money.

__________________

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #24609
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 24,660
Liked 8332 Times on 4978 Posts
Likes Given: 10803

Default

Hey, do I look any different? I'm on my LAP TOP!!!!

__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #24610
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
eatmydust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 4,329
Liked 3565 Times on 2040 Posts
Likes Given: 2429

Default

Definately thinner, much thinner. Oh, and lighter, yeah, lighter! I like it!

__________________
"Your fear is 100% dependent on you for it's survival." - Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
eatmydust is online now  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM