Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #24361
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1648 Times on 1005 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I have taught math since 2002. I was told today that because I have a dual license and the District will not allow the school to hire more teachers that I will be teaching English next year. It just sounds weird to say "I'm an English teacher". Oh boy! What a huge change....
OMG. I have two degrees in math. If I were forced to teach English, I think I'd hop on the back of a trash truck instead! (Trash truck was my way through college!)

Still, you may well be one who enjoys teaching enough to tolerate it. I have great respect for natural, general teachers. They are the only way our species survives evolution!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #24362

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

well this sucks, my laptop has the blue screen of death, (I have an HP g56-141us) I paid $250.00 for it on blackfriday about 4 years ago, not sure if it is worth getting fixed or just getting a new laptop (I just got a new dual router and most stores say if I get a new laptop it will be extremely fast) plus for some reason this laptop won't hook up to a printer so it may be time, what does everyone else use? I am looking at Dell and I have heard Levono is good. Just no HP as I am having problems with it.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #24363

Liked 2368 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Wife has a tosihba she likes a lot. I like my hp. Had the cooling fan break in under a year tho. Fixed for free, and one speaker blew out but I'm not suprised. Full volume movies and shaking on a boat messes stuff up.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #24364

Liked 2339 Times on 1521 Posts

F computers! People feel lucky if they get 4 years out of them, and they are worthless in a monetary value after a year. It has become standard to expect problems from a computer, and sometimes it is a constant. Is there any other product that people have become so complacent upon?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #24365
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1648 Times on 1005 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
well this sucks, my laptop has the blue screen of death, (I have an HP g56-141us) I paid $250.00 for it on blackfriday about 4 years ago, not sure if it is worth getting fixed or just getting a new laptop (I just got a new dual router and most stores say if I get a new laptop it will be extremely fast) plus for some reason this laptop won't hook up to a printer so it may be time, what does everyone else use? I am looking at Dell and I have heard Levono is good. Just no HP as I am having problems with it.
Dell is a pretty solid platform. If you're just surfing the web, that's more than you need. If you like computer games, go with a gaming company like IBuyPower.COM.

Sadly, no matter what you choose you'll be stuck with the latest Microsoft monstrosity, Windows 7 or Windows 8. But once you get past their insanity, you'll find that the newer machines actually do run pretty fast!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #24366

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
F computers! People feel lucky if they get 4 years out of them, and they are worthless in a monetary value after a year. It has become standard to expect problems from a computer, and sometimes it is a constant. Is there any other product that people have become so complacent upon?
Yeah, our government is exactly as you described, unless you're one of those blind worshipers...

I wouldn't take a Dell if it were melted down and poured down my throat.

I've had the best experiences with HP, and I've been pretty happy with my Toshiba.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #24367
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6672 Times on 4036 Posts
Likes Given: 7928

Hey, Trip. How's that toaster doing? I miss hearing your toaster stories.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #24368

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Hey, Trip. How's that toaster doing? I miss hearing your toaster stories.
The toaster is still awesome! But I have another story to share with y'all. Something that just kinda happened, spur of the moment. It's good, and worth the wait. Standby.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #24369
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7666 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9884

I have an HP that I bought just over a year ago. It has spent the better part of the past 4 months in the repair shop getting the hard drive replaced. Three times. Yup. I would pick it up and there would be a different problem right off the bat. The last two times I picked it up I would power it up right there at the repair counter and there were problems, they would monkey with it ans say that they had just "forgotten" to do a thing or two, but it would show up again and I would be back in a couple of days. Then it would be in the shop for upwards of another month.

Mind you, I live literally in Silicon Valley (or at least in the mountains where I look down on it as I type.) and the worldwide headquarters of HP, Hewlett Packard started their business in a garage in this county. There is no effing reason why they should not be able to a) diagnose it and b) repair it within a few days before c) confirming that the repair worked.

If I get another computer it will be something that is directly suited to what I need it for and nothing more. And it won't be a HP.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #24370
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6672 Times on 4036 Posts
Likes Given: 7928

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
The toaster is still awesome! But I have another story to share with y'all. Something that just kinda happened, spur of the moment. It's good, and worth the wait. Standby.
I'm on my way to work. But I can't wait to read your new story.