Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2435
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #24341
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 847 Times on 549 Posts
Likes Given: 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Hopefully. I don't think anyone here would believe me if I told them I'm an angel.
Yeah shes mean... Always makin' fun of me....
(And Trip too, there both mean.. )

( Its all good! )
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #24342
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4066 Times on 2250 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post

Yeah shes mean... Always makin' fun of me....
(And Trip too, there both mean.. )

( Its all good! )
That's why we get along so well. you know we love you.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #24343
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2715 Times on 1644 Posts
Likes Given: 2767

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
For Winds and others living just west of me

----Goodbye to Illinois.
Former State Senator and Republican Cook County Board President candidate Roger Keats and his wife Tina are leaving Illinois to live in Texas. They bid farewell to their Illinois friends with the following letter.

Dear friends,

As we leave Illinois for good, I wanted to say goodbye and wish all of you well. I am a lifelong son of the heartland and proud of "The Land of Lincoln" state.

After 60 years, I leave Illinois with a heavy heart. But enough is enough. The leaders of Illinois refuse to see we can't continue going in the direction we are and expect people who have options to stay here.

I remember when Illinois had 25 congressmen. In 2012 we will have 18. Compared to the rest of the country we have lost 1/4th of our population. Don't blame the weather, because most of us love the 4 beautiful seasons of Illinois.

Illinois just sold still more bonds, and our credit rating is so bad we pay higher interest rates than junk bonds. Junk Bonds!
Illinois is ranked:

• 50th for fiscal policy
• 47th in job creation
• 1st in unfunded pension liabilities
• 2nd largest budget deficit
• 1st in failing schools
• 1st in bonded indebtedness
• Highest sales tax in the nation
• Most judges indicted (Operations Greylord and Gambat)

Five of our last 9 elected governors have been indicted. That is more than the other 49 states added together! Then add 32 Chicago Aldermen and (according to the Chicago Tribune) over 1,000 state and municipal employees indicted.

The corruption tax is a real cost of doing business. We are the butt of jokes for stand-up comics. We live in the most corrupt big city, in the most corrupt big county, in the most corrupt state in America. I am sick and tired of subsidizing crooks. A day rarely passes without an article about the corruption and incompetence. Chicago even got caught rigging the tests to hire policemen and firemen!

Our Crook County corporate tax system is intentionally corrupt. The Democrat State Chairman, who is also the Speaker of the Illinois House (Speaker Mike Madigan), and the most senior alderman in Chicago, each make well over a million dollars a year putting the fix in for their clients tax assessments.

Cook County's property tax system is a disaster: The assessed value of our Chicago home was 50% higher than the sale price. Our home value is down 40%, our property taxes are up 20%, and our local schools have still another referendum on the ballot to increase taxes more than 20% next year.

The Illinois system is unfair and incompetent. In the Hill Country of Texas (near Austin and San Antonio) we bought a gracious home on almost 2 acres with a swimming pool. It is new, will cost us around 40% of what our home in Wilmette just sold for, and the property taxes are a third of what they are here.

We are moving to Texas where there is no income tax, while Illinois just went up 67%. Texas sales tax is half of ours, which is the highest in the nation. Southern states are supportive of job producers, taxpayers and folks who offer opportunities to their residents. Illinois shakes them down for every penny that can be extorted from them.

I could go on, but enough is enough. I feel as if we are standing on the deck of the Titanic and I can see the icebergs right in front of us.

I will miss our friends a great deal. I have called Illinois home for essentially my entire life. But it is time to go where there is honest, competent, and cost effective government. We have chosen to vote with our feet and our wallets.

Our best wishes to all of you.

Cordially,

Roger and Tina Keats
Congratulations on your great escape!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #24344
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8325 Times on 4974 Posts
Likes Given: 10784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
I've been an engineer for over 30 years. And I still say there are reasons why engineers aren't allowed to touch tools on a jobsite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Because y'all already screwed up enough stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
For Winds and others living just west of me

----Goodbye to Illinois.
Former State Senator and Republican Cook County Board President candidate Roger Keats and his wife Tina are leaving Illinois to live in Texas. They bid farewell to their Illinois friends with the following letter.

Dear friends,

As we leave Illinois for good, I wanted to say goodbye and wish all of you well. I am a lifelong son of the heartland and proud of "The Land of Lincoln" state.

After 60 years, I leave Illinois with a heavy heart. But enough is enough. The leaders of Illinois refuse to see we can't continue going in the direction we are and expect people who have options to stay here.

I remember when Illinois had 25 congressmen. In 2012 we will have 18. Compared to the rest of the country we have lost 1/4th of our population. Don't blame the weather, because most of us love the 4 beautiful seasons of Illinois.

Illinois just sold still more bonds, and our credit rating is so bad we pay higher interest rates than junk bonds. Junk Bonds!
Illinois is ranked:

• 50th for fiscal policy
• 47th in job creation
• 1st in unfunded pension liabilities
• 2nd largest budget deficit
• 1st in failing schools
• 1st in bonded indebtedness
• Highest sales tax in the nation
• Most judges indicted (Operations Greylord and Gambat)

Five of our last 9 elected governors have been indicted. That is more than the other 49 states added together! Then add 32 Chicago Aldermen and (according to the Chicago Tribune) over 1,000 state and municipal employees indicted.

The corruption tax is a real cost of doing business. We are the butt of jokes for stand-up comics. We live in the most corrupt big city, in the most corrupt big county, in the most corrupt state in America. I am sick and tired of subsidizing crooks. A day rarely passes without an article about the corruption and incompetence. Chicago even got caught rigging the tests to hire policemen and firemen!

Our Crook County corporate tax system is intentionally corrupt. The Democrat State Chairman, who is also the Speaker of the Illinois House (Speaker Mike Madigan), and the most senior alderman in Chicago, each make well over a million dollars a year putting the fix in for their clients tax assessments.

Cook County's property tax system is a disaster: The assessed value of our Chicago home was 50% higher than the sale price. Our home value is down 40%, our property taxes are up 20%, and our local schools have still another referendum on the ballot to increase taxes more than 20% next year.

The Illinois system is unfair and incompetent. In the Hill Country of Texas (near Austin and San Antonio) we bought a gracious home on almost 2 acres with a swimming pool. It is new, will cost us around 40% of what our home in Wilmette just sold for, and the property taxes are a third of what they are here.

We are moving to Texas where there is no income tax, while Illinois just went up 67%. Texas sales tax is half of ours, which is the highest in the nation. Southern states are supportive of job producers, taxpayers and folks who offer opportunities to their residents. Illinois shakes them down for every penny that can be extorted from them.

I could go on, but enough is enough. I feel as if we are standing on the deck of the Titanic and I can see the icebergs right in front of us.

I will miss our friends a great deal. I have called Illinois home for essentially my entire life. But it is time to go where there is honest, competent, and cost effective government. We have chosen to vote with our feet and our wallets.

Our best wishes to all of you.

Cordially,

Roger and Tina Keats
All so very true. Though I have some relief not living in The City proper nor in Cook County. I may move on someday..........not just yet, though.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #24345
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1285 Times on 756 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
No offense, but I think F4U was talking about Sue...
No I was talking about cinder.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #24346

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post

No I was talking about cinder.
She IS an angel. The best part is, she doesn't even know it!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #24347

Liked 59 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Go to this site, register and follow the instructions in the virus/malware removal sub forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

Those guys know what they're doing and can help you. Be patient, it might take them a couple of days or so to get back to you.
Thank you.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #24348

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Nothing like gun lube over spray in your coffee...

Old 04-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #24349
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What the heck, Vikingdad. You are like Forrest Gump. You live near anyone interesting or have met them or fixed their car, etc.
Well, I guess that's a compliment? I am a victim of fortunate coincidences I guess. Bobby Seale was a guest on a local radio program and he produced a lot of interest, which is understandable because he is an interesting man and he is also a "local", being that he lives in Oakland today. Here is a link to the interview http://ksco.com/saturday-special-2/33723-the-saturday-special-with-michael-zwerling-april-20th-2013-interview-with-bobby-seale

My questions for him had already been more or less asked, though not in the same way I would have asked them, and I got cut off because of the number of other callers who were waiting and they were running out of time. I was hoping to ask him if he felt that the use of firearms helped or hurt the BPP movement at the time and if he felt that the long term damage that the BPP had done to the Second Amendment rights of Californians was worth it in the context of today's dynamics in that regard. I also am curious as to what he thinks of this New Black Panther Party today, considering that he left the BPP that he helped to found because of differences of opinion with Huey Newton, mainly due to Newton's drug use and that he was bipolar.

I sent him an email asking my questions in more detail. I'll let you all know if he responds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Wellllll.... maybe not EXACTLY like Forrest.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Otm4RusESNU
Well gee whiz. I guess I should be less forthcoming with my experiences then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Well, okay..........

But Vikingdad does always seem to be in the right place at the right time and meets or knows all kinds of well known people.
Fortunate circumstances. I can't take credit for that.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #24350
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8325 Times on 4974 Posts
Likes Given: 10784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Well, I guess that's a compliment? I am a victim of fortunate coincidences I guess. Bobby Seale was a guest on a local radio program and he produced a lot of interest, which is understandable because he is an interesting man and he is also a "local", being that he lives in Oakland today. Here is a link to the interview http://ksco.com/saturday-special-2/33723-the-saturday-special-with-michael-zwerling-april-20th-2013-interview-with-bobby-seale
Well, I might say I remember when Bobby Seale spent some time in Chicago. He was the pivoting man in changing The Chicago Eight to The Chicago Seven.

I find it interesting that some of those eight became politicians. They decided if they can't change the way things ran by rioting and civil unrest, they'd make the changes from the inside.