Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2434
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #24331
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4563 Times on 2538 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post

If I read things right around here you already done caught an angel, you just got to teach him how to do it,(probably not till he gets a little bit older though).
Haha, I don't think I qualify...

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #24332
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3338 Times on 2017 Posts
Likes Given: 3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Hey! I'm going to be a engineer.
I've been an engineer for over 30 years. And I still say there are reasons why engineers aren't allowed to touch tools on a jobsite!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #24333
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
I've been an engineer for over 30 years. And I still say there are reasons why engineers aren't allowed to touch tools on a jobsite!
Because y'all already screwed up enough stuff

People Like This 
Old 04-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #24334
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Yeah- understand it can be a real headache to change out the flux capacitor on those.....
Plus, I hear Obama is going to reduce the "capacity" of those evil black capacitors!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #24335
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I was actually pulling out my wallet when Sue woke me up...
Just forgive him Trip, someday maybe he'll buy you one!
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #24336
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Haha, I don't think I qualify...
No offense, but I think F4U was talking about Sue...

Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #24337
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Because y'all already screwed up enough stuff
Exactly!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #24338
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
No offense, but I think F4U was talking about Sue...
Hopefully. I don't think anyone here would believe me if I told them I'm an angel.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #24339

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

For Winds and others living just west of me

----Goodbye to Illinois.
Former State Senator and Republican Cook County Board President candidate Roger Keats and his wife Tina are leaving Illinois to live in Texas. They bid farewell to their Illinois friends with the following letter.

Dear friends,

As we leave Illinois for good, I wanted to say goodbye and wish all of you well. I am a lifelong son of the heartland and proud of "The Land of Lincoln" state.

After 60 years, I leave Illinois with a heavy heart. But enough is enough. The leaders of Illinois refuse to see we can't continue going in the direction we are and expect people who have options to stay here.

I remember when Illinois had 25 congressmen. In 2012 we will have 18. Compared to the rest of the country we have lost 1/4th of our population. Don't blame the weather, because most of us love the 4 beautiful seasons of Illinois.

Illinois just sold still more bonds, and our credit rating is so bad we pay higher interest rates than junk bonds. Junk Bonds!
Illinois is ranked:

50th for fiscal policy
47th in job creation
1st in unfunded pension liabilities
2nd largest budget deficit
1st in failing schools
1st in bonded indebtedness
Highest sales tax in the nation
Most judges indicted (Operations Greylord and Gambat)

Five of our last 9 elected governors have been indicted. That is more than the other 49 states added together! Then add 32 Chicago Aldermen and (according to the Chicago Tribune) over 1,000 state and municipal employees indicted.

The corruption tax is a real cost of doing business. We are the butt of jokes for stand-up comics. We live in the most corrupt big city, in the most corrupt big county, in the most corrupt state in America. I am sick and tired of subsidizing crooks. A day rarely passes without an article about the corruption and incompetence. Chicago even got caught rigging the tests to hire policemen and firemen!

Our Crook County corporate tax system is intentionally corrupt. The Democrat State Chairman, who is also the Speaker of the Illinois House (Speaker Mike Madigan), and the most senior alderman in Chicago, each make well over a million dollars a year putting the fix in for their clients tax assessments.

Cook County's property tax system is a disaster: The assessed value of our Chicago home was 50% higher than the sale price. Our home value is down 40%, our property taxes are up 20%, and our local schools have still another referendum on the ballot to increase taxes more than 20% next year.

The Illinois system is unfair and incompetent. In the Hill Country of Texas (near Austin and San Antonio) we bought a gracious home on almost 2 acres with a swimming pool. It is new, will cost us around 40% of what our home in Wilmette just sold for, and the property taxes are a third of what they are here.

We are moving to Texas where there is no income tax, while Illinois just went up 67%. Texas sales tax is half of ours, which is the highest in the nation. Southern states are supportive of job producers, taxpayers and folks who offer opportunities to their residents. Illinois shakes them down for every penny that can be extorted from them.

I could go on, but enough is enough. I feel as if we are standing on the deck of the Titanic and I can see the icebergs right in front of us.

I will miss our friends a great deal. I have called Illinois home for essentially my entire life. But it is time to go where there is honest, competent, and cost effective government. We have chosen to vote with our feet and our wallets.

Our best wishes to all of you.

Cordially,

Roger and Tina Keats
People Like This 
Old 04-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #24340
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
Do we have any computer experts on here? I got some virus, in which I could not open any .exe files (which were apparently all my items, virus scans ect) it downloaded some system care scan and would scan everything but not delete it unless I paid $100.00 or so. I seemed to have somewhat fixed it yet now my windows will just shut off after 40 minutes or so of being on and restart it's self up.

I do use the AVG antivirus/internet security/tune up program which I bought at office depot.
Go to this site, register and follow the instructions in the virus/malware removal sub forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

Those guys know what they're doing and can help you. Be patient, it might take them a couple of days or so to get back to you.