Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2425
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #24241
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocshaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KanOkla
Posts: 3,279
Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Default

Hey axxe, you remember the Ducati's and the Bultacos? Had a couple of buddies that had those. The Ducati seemed alright (memory is a bit foggy) but I remember that Bultaco being a real POS. The dude thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread though. Most of us had Hondas or Yamaha, a few Suzukis and Kawasakis around too. I even remember the old Bridgestone bikes, now those were a hunk of junk if I've ever seen one.

__________________
rocshaman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:50 AM   #24242
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I'm kinda sad to see buell go away...

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:00 AM   #24243
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,501
Liked 21295 Times on 12082 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Hey axxe, you remember the Ducati's and the Bultacos? Had a couple of buddies that had those. The Ducati seemed alright (memory is a bit foggy) but I remember that Bultaco being a real POS. The dude thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread though. Most of us had Hondas or Yamaha, a few Suzukis and Kawasakis around too. I even remember the old Bridgestone bikes, now those were a hunk of junk if I've ever seen one.
seen a few many years ago. they pretty much are collectors items now. haven't seen any in a long time. did ride a friends Ducati many years ago. damned fast azz bike!

i was more into Hondas and Yamahas with a few Suzukis and Kawasakis thrown in for for good measure. i prefered the Hondas and the Yamahas for dirtbikes.

i have had a few Kawasaki streetbikes that were wickedly fast and very scary to ride! last one i had was a 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000 bored out to a 1200. very wickedly fast! dumped a lot of money into restoring that one. but at that time i knew i was getting older and just didn't have the desire to ride fast anymore. sold it to a guy who turned it into a roadcourse bike, strictly track aonly when he finished with it. i saw it about six months later and didn't even recognize the bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm kinda sad to see buell go away...
Buell going away? that's sad. they did some wonderful bikes too.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #24244
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocshaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KanOkla
Posts: 3,279
Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Default

The Buells were about half Harley weren't they? Or Harley owned them or something. Not sure I've ever seen one up close, not around here anyway.

__________________
rocshaman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:09 AM   #24245
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,501
Liked 21295 Times on 12082 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
The Buells were about half Harley weren't they? Or Harley owned them or something. Not sure I've ever seen one up close, not around here anyway.
IIRC, it was a collaberation between Harley and Buell. Buells were sold out of Harley dealerships. they essentially were sportbikes with a Sportster engine. they did make their own engine for the small Buell Blast that was a small single cylinder engine.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #24246
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,391
Liked 2400 Times on 1557 Posts

Default

Buell is selling race bikes again, and not through Harley. They are only $40,000 -eek-

__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:23 AM   #24247
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,755
Liked 7022 Times on 4225 Posts
Likes Given: 8461

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Remember in 71- had a gent with a BRAND new bike that pulled up beside me at a traffic light. I mean so new I expected to see a price tag still hanging from the handlebars.

Cruised up to the red light, stopped, sat there for a moment, and CRASHED to the pavement.

Forgot to put his foot down. I was laughing so hard I almost dropped my bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Wait... c3 rides?
Seriously. I wanna ride on the back of C3's bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I learned on a little Suzuki 2 stroke 80. Then had a cr100f then a ttr225, worst bike ever. Now I have a crf150r. I love my little 150, it's got a lot of power, it's fast but just the right height that I don't feel like I'm going to die.
i tried riding my sister's Harley Sportster. My BIL took me out in the pasture and give me brief instructions. I took off, got scared, tried to stop and put the front brakes on at the same time as giving it gas. The bike was going in circles with the front tire as the pivot point. I was hopping on one foot trying to not fall and keep the bike upright. My BIL couldn't get to me to help me as the bike was going in circles. He finally told me to let it fall.

But, the DMV near me offers free motorcycle riding classes. The classes are free and they provide the bike. It's a 16 hour course over two days. I think I'm going to take the class just for the fun of it. I really have no interest in owning a motorcycle.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #24248
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,427
Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I really have no interest in owning a motorcycle.
Right... that'll change: p
__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #24249
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post


i tried riding my sister's Harley Sportster. My BIL took me out in the pasture and give me brief instructions. I took off, got scared, tried to stop and put the front brakes on at the same time as giving it gas. The bike was going in circles with the front tire as the pivot point. I was hopping on one foot trying to not fall and keep the bike upright. My BIL couldn't get to me to help me as the bike was going in circles. He finally told me to let it fall.

But, the DMV near me offers free motorcycle riding classes. The classes are free and they provide the bike. It's a 16 hour course over two days. I think I'm going to take the class just for the fun of it. I really have no interest in owning a motorcycle.
Congrats! You did a donut!
__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #24250
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

20 hours of overtime covered my income tax... makes me sick to my stomach.

At least I'm no longer paying into that grand ponzi scheme I would never get any benefit from. I pay into a state retirement doodad. Still not ideal, but better than that social security farce.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM