Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #24231
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,315
Liked 19988 Times on 11362 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Kick stand? My bike didn't come with one of those.
you had a dirtbike IIRC? most dirtbikes didn't have a kickstand. some enduro type dirtbikes did, but not all.
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #24232
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 5,826
Liked 3013 Times on 1684 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

you had a dirtbike IIRC? most dirtbikes didn't have a kickstand. some enduro type dirtbikes did, but not all.
Yep. It has a triangle. The kickstand is known as, find a rock or a tree to lean it against...
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #24233
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,315
Liked 19988 Times on 11362 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Yep. It has a triangle. The kickstand is known as, find a rock or a tree to lean it against...
the triange kickstand! built many of them over the years. i can remember some the early dirtbikes that were still low enough to sit on a milk crate. i use to build my own boxes to put my bikes on to work on them. even had one that mounted to the floor of my trailer to work on the bike at the track.
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #24234
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,373
Liked 8427 Times on 3654 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Default

Remember in 71- had a gent with a BRAND new bike that pulled up beside me at a traffic light. I mean so new I expected to see a price tag still hanging from the handlebars.

Cruised up to the red light, stopped, sat there for a moment, and CRASHED to the pavement.

Forgot to put his foot down. I was laughing so hard I almost dropped my bike.

__________________

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

c3shooter is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #24235
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,427
Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Wait... c3 rides?

So instead of the a gp100, ria 1911, or SIG 226... I ordered a gunsite scout today.

__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #24236
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,315
Liked 19988 Times on 11362 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Default

now these are not actually pictures of my bikes, but some i found on the internet that represent the year and make of the ones i rode many years ago.

the first dirtbike i ever bought was an air cooled 2 stroke 1979 Yamaha YZ125. that bike also gave me my first broke ribs! air cooled 2 strokes were finicky! the second one i bought was a 1983 Yamaha YZ125 that was a water cooled 2 stroke. power was more even and less finicky than the air cooled 2 strokes. also fouled plugs less than the air cooled bikes. my first Honda dirtbike a 1985 CR125. now that one turned me into a Honda fan for sure. probably the best 125's i ever owned. next bike was a 1989 Suzuki RM125. bought it from a friend that needed money and it was probably the worst 125's i had ever rode and owned. didn't keep it long, before i sold it off to buy the next one, a 1990 Honda CR125. as much as i liked this one, the 1985 CR125 engine was much better, but the 1990 CR125 had a much better frame and suspension. then i added the 1991 Honda CR250 to the collection because i wanted a 250 to race in the 250 class. fell in love with riding 250's. even though much larger in engine size, they were easier to control powerwise. the last bike i owned was another Yamaha. a 1994 Yamaha YZ250. this one was the one that pretty much ended my dirtbike riding. it was a beast on the track. thelast wreck i had was on this bike. crashed badly and broke my hip in two places, ruptered several discs in my neck, and fractured my wrist and broke two fingers. took quite a while to heal from that one. never raced after that one and that was in about 1995 or 1996. sold them off a few years later and got back into street bikes, and then back to Harley's.

1979-yz-125.jpg   1983-yz-125.jpg   1985-cr-125.jpg   1989-rm125.jpg   1990-cr125.jpg  

1991-cr250.jpg   1994-yz250.jpg  
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #24237
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
eatmydust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 3,335
Liked 2527 Times on 1479 Posts
Likes Given: 1396

Default

All of that and not one kickstand joke, c'mon!

__________________

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

eatmydust is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #24238
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,315
Liked 19988 Times on 11362 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
All of that and not one kickstand joke, c'mon!
sorry. none of my dirtbikes had kickstands!
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #24239
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 5,826
Liked 3013 Times on 1684 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
now these are not actually pictures of my bikes, but some i found on the internet that represent the year and make of the ones i rode many years ago.

the first dirtbike i ever bought was an air cooled 2 stroke 1979 Yamaha YZ125. that bike also gave me my first broke ribs! air cooled 2 strokes were finicky! the second one i bought was a 1983 Yamaha YZ125 that was a water cooled 2 stroke. power was more even and less finicky than the air cooled 2 strokes. also fouled plugs less than the air cooled bikes. my first Honda dirtbike a 1985 CR125. now that one turned me into a Honda fan for sure. probably the best 125's i ever owned. next bike was a 1989 Suzuki RM125. bought it from a friend that needed money and it was probably the worst 125's i had ever rode and owned. didn't keep it long, before i sold it off to buy the next one, a 1990 Honda CR125. as much as i liked this one, the 1985 CR125 engine was much better, but the 1990 CR125 had a much better frame and suspension. then i added the 1991 Honda CR250 to the collection because i wanted a 250 to race in the 250 class. fell in love with riding 250's. even though much larger in engine size, they were easier to control powerwise. the last bike i owned was another Yamaha. a 1994 Yamaha YZ250. this one was the one that pretty much ended my dirtbike riding. it was a beast on the track. thelast wreck i had was on this bike. crashed badly and broke my hip in two places, ruptered several discs in my neck, and fractured my wrist and broke two fingers. took quite a while to heal from that one. never raced after that one and that was in about 1995 or 1996. sold them off a few years later and got back into street bikes, and then back to Harley's.
I learned on a little Suzuki 2 stroke 80. Then had a cr100f then a ttr225, worst bike ever. Now I have a crf150r. I love my little 150, it's got a lot of power, it's fast but just the right height that I don't feel like I'm going to die.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #24240
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,315
Liked 19988 Times on 11362 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I learned on a little Suzuki 2 stroke 80. Then had a cr100f then a ttr225, worst bike ever. Now I have a crf150r. I love my little 150, it's got a lot of power, it's fast but just the right height that I don't feel like I'm going to die.
those are just the bikes i used when i raced amateur motocross. i have been into bikes for many years of some sort. many years ago i got heavy into the early to mid 70's Honda CB 500's and CB 550's. bought every one i could find across several counties!

my father rode motorcycles for many years when my brother and i were very young, but never allowed us to have a motorcycle. so i bought my first one when i was 17 and had left home. a 1979 Suzuki GS 750. very few miles and was only maybe a little over a year old wheni got it. thing was super fast. probably not the best choice for a first bike and a beginner. kept that one for about a year or so and then sold it, and bought my first Harley. a 1977 Sportster. truly loved that bike. not near as fast as the Suzuki GS750, but for me much more fun to ride. bikes have been a part of most of my adult life and is a something i enjoyed being a part of. lots of good memories for when i get too old to move around anymore.
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM