Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #24121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 671 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Why do I procrastinate so much?
As I like to say.... Why do tomarrow, what you can put off 'till next week?

Old 04-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #24122
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

On procrastination, I have had a TON of phone calls from forgetful clients today; I would have loved to see their faces when somebody said "file yer taxes yet?". Some of these will be the very ones bitchin about not getting much of a refund or having to wait a month for the IRS to send it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #24123

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Hunting for a shotgun sucks...

Found one I liked. Winchester 1400, 12, 2 3/4", for $200. But I like the ability to shoot full 3", because 2 3/4" can't always be found EVERYWHERE. Still, I'm kinda considering going back and grabbing it. I'm still shopping though.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #24124
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Hit several of my local gun shops on Saturday, they had small amounts of ammo on hand, seemed to have a nice selection of AR's but priced out of my range ($1k and up), they had nice selections of 1911's (RIA, High Standard, Kimber, Colt and so forth) I did find a Savage 10 left hander in .308 for $534 (still debating on that one), plenty of other turn bolts, 22's and shotguns of all sorts..

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #24125

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Hmmmmm I think I got the job, they want me to fill out new hire paperwork but then do my background check. Never heard of that before.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:42 AM   #24126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
Hmmmmm I think I got the job, they want me to fill out new hire paperwork but then do my background check. Never heard of that before.
Congratulations! A bit of good news on a somber day.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #24127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5777 Times on 3158 Posts
Likes Given: 10923

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm
It would cost too much to pay for background checks for all applicants; so they are generally reserved for people whom they have already decided to hire.

No offense and none taken

Old 04-16-2013, 02:58 AM   #24128
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19524 Times on 11082 Posts
Likes Given: 49157

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
It would cost too much to pay for background checks for all applicants; so they are generally reserved for people whom they have already decided to hire.
agreed! a company usually won't spend money on a background check or a drug test unless they intend on hiring that person.

most background checks are mostly a formality and depend upon the job as to how in depth they go with it.

congrats! sounds like they want to hire you!

Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 AM   #24129

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Thanks everyone, I am set up to go in on Wednesday at 3:00 pm to do some paperwork, of course I am not turning in my notice until everything is finalized.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #24130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Thanks everyone, I am set up to go in on Wednesday at 3:00 pm to do some paperwork, of course I am not turning in my notice until everything is finalized.
Always the best course of action.

axxe55 Likes This