Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #24081
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5683 Times on 3336 Posts
Likes Given: 4821

So, one of my shooting buddies had a car wreck last year and exploded his femur; now he has a slick titanium femur. He complains that it keeps him from being as flexible as he once was. The last time I was over there I thought I had finally come up with a "bright side" a "saving grace" for the metallofemur, but he didn't seem interested. But seriously, if I had a metal bar for a femur, I would soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo have a holster mount attached to it. With the impending legality of permit-free open carry in MS, a femur-mounted tactical holster would be the absolute baddest holster out there. Some people...

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #24082
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
So, one of my shooting buddies had a car wreck last year and exploded his femur; now he has a slick titanium femur. He complains that it keeps him from being as flexible as he once was. The last time I was over there I thought I had finally come up with a "bright side" a "saving grace" for the metallofemur, but he didn't seem interested. But seriously, if I had a metal bar for a femur, I would soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo have a holster mount attached to it. With the impending legality of permit-free open carry in MS, a femur-mounted tactical holster would be the absolute baddest holster out there. Some people...
Maybe we could talk my little brother into it..

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

orangello Likes This 
Old 04-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #24083
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1772 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
The only problem I could see if having to keep the channel through his thigh for the mount that the holster would mount to clean and infection free, otherwise it's an interesting idea.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #24084
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5309 Times on 2915 Posts
Likes Given: 10142

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
He survived a terrible wreck and complains about the doctors saving his leg?
Some people....

No offense and none taken

Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #24085
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post

The only problem I could see if having to keep the channel that the holster would mount to clean and infection free, otherwise it's an interesting idea.
That's true my little bro got a bone infection and had to have a pickline for awhile. That tripped me out...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #24086
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
The only problem I could see if having to keep the channel through his thigh for the mount that the holster would mount to clean and infection free, otherwise it's an interesting idea.
I was thinking of a rod that would attach to the existing titanium rod and have a female threaded attachment point level with the skin surface; screw in the holster of your choice and roll.

Dude does like to drink; i'm thinking he will wake up with a washer or something superglued to his leg when I can get his wife in on the gag.

GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 04-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #24087

Liked 859 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 482

Hell of a weekend and its not over but Id hate to be the owner of this tree truck , He forgot to let one of his main outriggers down and over it went , God only knows how much hydraulic oil was dumped on the driveway , I loaded my dingo and tapped intot he main boom , ring gear and some other hydraulics and got most everything retracted before we turned it back over .

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #24088
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2236 Times on 1452 Posts

Was he in the bucket? That would be a hell of a ride.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #24089

Liked 859 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 482

no it was a 60ft crane or tree crane , boom , what ever you wanna call it . He picked up a tree and went to swing it not knowing he forgot to let his last outrigger down , the one on the back was down on that side but when the weight swung over it snapped it right off . It buckled the main boom , bent the main ram then the idiot torch cut the boom for some stupid reason but I guess when it buckled it was totaled , they cant have ANY weak spots . IF he has any money left after this ordeal he is going to turn it into a log truck , it will cost too much to replace the boom . He had insurance to cover damage to the house but none on the truck
I will be shocked if he does not have to replace the drive way due to the hydraulic fluid that leaked out , also his fault , his nerves were too frayed to really even be out there , when we got it upright he was rushing and hit the lever to the broken rigger and shot out a big load of oil , drive way was ok till that . The HO is out of town but told us b4 he left NOT to get any oil on the drive , LMAO it wont me .
I told the guy to wet everything down with water JIC he had a leak , oil will not stick to anything wet and makes for easy clean up .
Over all , he just should not have been there , I really feel sorry for the guy .
I had to leave in the middle of everything , if I could have stayed I could have stopped him from spewing the oil , hind sight is 20/20

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #24090
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry, i'm hung up on "DINGOS GOT MY BABY".