Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2407
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #24061
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Great uncle passed away this morning. He'd been telling everyone his cancer was in remission, but the truth is, he'd just given up on treatment. Apparently, I'm the only one who knew he was in bad shape.

I don't understand. Everyone is so surprised. And I'm sitting here wondering, "just what the hell are y'all surprised about?"

Skin, throat, stomach, intestinal, colon, pancreatic. Not to mention, diabetes, congestive heart failure, and at least one other major illness I can't quite put my finger on at the moment...

Last year a tornado dropped his grocery store on top of him.

Last I heard a number mentioned, he was 87 years old. Must've been 89-90 this year.

I take it back. I AM kinda surprised. A bit surprised he managed to hang on this long.

I'm sure gonna miss his jokes and sweet potato pie.
Sorry for your loss trip. Sounds like he was a good mentor to you. Keep him alive, tell the young family members stories about him. Tell the stories he told you that you fondly remember. Unless we are famous or infamous 3 generations is about all who remember us. Him being your great uncle that's 4 and Sue's generation would be five if I am relatively right. That's a damn good run.

NEVER FORGET

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #24062

Liked 1090 Times on 789 Posts
Likes Given: 561

MOTHER******************************************
I am done with this bull*hit !
Dont give a damn if Donald trump comes in wanting work done , he can piss up a rope !
Just finished a job for a local detective , has about 1k in electronics I installed along with 500+ in engine and boat work .
Gave him a 80.00 cut for being a leo off the labor . Finish it , call him ,
'' Oh um I dont have the money but I can have it next week ''
WHy you little **** head ''
I have a yard full of boats but you know what , I am going riding , why work ? Not like anyone will pay when its done anyway

Thats ok , he has another major issue he dont know about yet that I WAS going to tell him about just now but I think I will let him figure out that his prop shaft is a good 1/4 bent , should produce a nice vibration at 6000 rpm with a 4 blade stainless prop .

Winds , after what I told you in pm you know how bad this hurts !

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #24063

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You really NEED to enact a policy of, "all work to be paid in full before pickup, within 30 days, or property is forfeit."

Or charge a ****ing storage fee. Go to the nearest storage facility, ask what the rates are for storing an RV or boat, and then DOUBLE IT. You can then use that money to store the boats at that same facility (use your own locks, and put the trailers on blocks), and free up space in your shop yard.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #24064

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Great uncle passed away this morning. He'd been telling everyone his cancer was in remission, but the truth is, he'd just given up on treatment. Apparently, I'm the only one who knew he was in bad shape.

I don't understand. Everyone is so surprised. And I'm sitting here wondering, "just what the hell are y'all surprised about?"

Skin, throat, stomach, intestinal, colon, pancreatic. Not to mention, diabetes, congestive heart failure, and at least one other major illness I can't quite put my finger on at the moment...

Last I heard a number mentioned, he was 87 years old. Must've been 89-90 this year.

I take it back. I AM kinda surprised. A bit surprised he managed to hang on this long.

Sorry for your loss.

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #24065

Thank you all for your condolences. He was a very great man, one of the kindest I've ever known.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #24066

Liked 2469 Times on 1603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
You really NEED to enact a policy of, "all work to be paid in full before pickup, within 30 days, or property is forfeit."

Or charge a ****ing storage fee. Go to the nearest storage facility, ask what the rates are for storing an RV or boat, and then DOUBLE IT. You can then use that money to store the boats at that same facility (use your own locks, and put the trailers on blocks), and free up space in your shop yard.
Or at least the dame fee. Quit taking it in the rear because other places don't do that. Besides, how else can you pay for head gaskets?

Sorry about the news trip.

Feral cat waterboarder

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #24067
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 745 Posts
Likes Given: 679

Quote:
Thank you all for your condolences. He was a very great man, one of the kindest I've ever known.
id mail a few beers your way but i think thats frowned apon.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #24068
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 953 Times on 569 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

Sorry for your loss.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #24069

Got pulled over. Was taking the boy to IHOP. I'm thinking, "oh good gawd. 5 tickets, less than one year..."

Cop walks up and states, very matter of factly, "you was speedin."

"was not"
"was so"
"was not"
"uh huh"
"nuh uh"
"were too"
"no I weren't"

Then Sue screamed at us both from the backseat... "CAN'T YOU TWO JUST ACT LIKE GROWN UPS AND STOP ARGUING!?!?!"

We both turned and looked at him. He sat there with his mouth hanging open, shocked at his own outburst.

Then the cop tells me to have a nice day and went back to his car...

*high five*

Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #24070

Liked 1090 Times on 789 Posts
Likes Given: 561

He has not picked up yet but insinuated he would when done

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.