Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2406
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #24051
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1330 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 660

Boats Boats Boats Boats and more boats , looks like a damn dry ship yard up here .
Here Kyboat this is fur u buddie

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 04-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #24052
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 424 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Thinking of selling these. 5 bucks a piece should be fair...
20130409_232620.jpg   20130410_193307.jpg  

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #24053
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2913 Times on 1896 Posts

We got over three inches of rain. I was driving my kid to school this morning, came over a small hill to see several inches of water over the road. I hit the brakes, and rolled through safely. After dropping off the kid, I went the same way and saw a high school kid in the field in the same water. Looks like he came over the hill, and saw a car safely rolling through the water, couldn't stop in time, and ditched it to avoid a collision. He was smiling at his buddy, who was yelling from the edge of the water in a t shirt, in 40 degree wind. Ah, to be young again.

Just saw on the news that copper appears to feed breast cancer cells. Copper depleting drugs reduce the growth of the cells, buying the patient more time.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #24054

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Great uncle passed away this morning. He'd been telling everyone his cancer was in remission, but the truth is, he'd just given up on treatment. Apparently, I'm the only one who knew he was in bad shape.

I don't understand. Everyone is so surprised. And I'm sitting here wondering, "just what the hell are y'all surprised about?"

Skin, throat, stomach, intestinal, colon, pancreatic. Not to mention, diabetes, congestive heart failure, and at least one other major illness I can't quite put my finger on at the moment...

Last year a tornado dropped his grocery store on top of him.

Last I heard a number mentioned, he was 87 years old. Must've been 89-90 this year.

I take it back. I AM kinda surprised. A bit surprised he managed to hang on this long.

I'm sure gonna miss his jokes and sweet potato pie.
People Like This 
Old 04-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #24055
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2921 Times on 1720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Great uncle passed away this morning. He'd been telling everyone his cancer was in remission, but the truth is, he'd just given up on treatment. Apparently, I'm the only one who knew he was in bad shape.

I don't understand. Everyone is so surprised. And I'm sitting here wondering, "just what the hell are y'all surprised about?"

Skin, throat, stomach, internal, colon, pancreatic. Not to mention, diabetes, congestive heart failure, and at least one other major illness I can't quite put my finger on at the moment...

Last I heard a number mentioned, he was 87 years old. Must've been 89-90 this year.

I take it back. I AM kinda surprised. A bit surprised he managed to hang on this long.

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like the end of a long hard road.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #24056
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:

Skin, throat, stomach, intestinal, colon, pancreatic. Not to mention, diabetes, congestive heart failure, and at least one other major illness I can't quite put my finger on at the moment...

Sorry for you, and your family's loss trip.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #24057
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:

My condolences Trip.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #24058
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11665

I'm so sorry, Trip. But it sounds to me like he lived a long life and he had family to love him. Remember the good memories.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #24059
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11665

I was listening to the talk radio station I usually listen to. They were talking about restaurants. One reviewer referred to Hooter's as a "breastaurant". I thought that was pretty funny. Then I decided I wanted to be served wings at a "chesterant".

Old 04-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #24060
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Sorry to hear it Trip. Sounds like he had a long full life.