Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #24031
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
The hog is oinking again , fittin to see if I can make it squeal like the little piggy it is
Local man's crotch catches fire at 120 mph while in pursuit of scrap metal thieves...Film At Eleven!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 04-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #24032

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post

Ive wondered this too... Diesel was way cheaper than gas.. What happened?

The government got more involved.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #24033
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

People Like This 
Old 04-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #24034
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

I'm printing that out and sticking it on the classroom whiteboard.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #24035

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 525

DOnt you hate it when a booger just sticks to you ? Try to flick it and it sticks to the other finger , best hope is for the dog to walk by and '' Pet him '' .
LMAO

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 04-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #24036
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
DOnt you hate it when a booger just sticks to you ? Try to flick it and it sticks to the other finger , best hope is for the dog to walk by and '' Pet him '' .
LMAO
Snot rockets/gym teachers' snotrag FOR THE WIN!

Last edited by orangello; 04-10-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #24037
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/eel-removed-from-man-stuck-colon-photo_n_3046785.html

Those plastic pet carriers don't seem like that much trouble now.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #24038
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Yorktown_%28CG-48%29

Smart ship testbed

From 1996 Yorktown was used as the testbed for the Navy's Smart Ship program. The ship was equipped with a network of 27 dual 200 MHz Pentium Pro-based machines running Windows NT 4.0 communicating over fiber-optic cable with a Pentium Pro-based server. This network was responsible for running the integrated control center on the bridge, monitoring condition assessment, damage control, machinery control and fuel control, monitoring the engines and navigating the ship. This system was predicted to save $2.8 million per year by reducing the ship's complement by 10%.

On 21 September 1997, while on maneuvers off the coast of Cape Charles, Virginia, a crew member entered a zero into a database field causing a divide by zero error in the ship's Remote Data Base Manager which brought down all the machines on the network, causing the ship's propulsion system to fail.[5]

Anthony DiGiorgio, a civilian contractor with a 26-year history of working on Navy control systems, reported in 1998 that Yorktown had to be towed back to Norfolk Naval Station. Ron Redman, a deputy technical director with the Aegis Program Executive Office, backed up this claim, suggesting that such system failures had required Yorktown to be towed back to port several times.[6]

In 3 August 1998 issue of Government Computer News, a retraction by DiGiorgio was published. He claims the reporter altered his statements, and insists that he did not claim the Yorktown was towed into Norfolk. GCN stands by its story.[7]

Atlantic Fleet officials also denied the towing, reporting that Yorktown was "dead in the water" for just 2 hours and 45 minutes.[6] Captain Richard Rushton, commanding officer of Yorktown at the time of the incident, also denied that the ship had to be towed back to port, stating that the ship returned under its own power.[8]

Atlantic Fleet officials acknowledged that the Yorktown experienced what they termed "an engineering local area network casualty."[6] "We are putting equipment in the engine room that we cannot maintain and, when it fails, results in a critical failure," DiGiorgio said.[6]

Even though the problem was caused by programming error in the Remote Data Base Manager application and not by problems with the operating system itself, criticism of operating system choice ensued. Ron Redman, deputy technical director of the Fleet Introduction Division of the Aegis Program Executive Office, said there have been numerous software failures associated with NT aboard the Yorktown.[6]
“ Because of politics, some things are being forced on us that without political pressure we might not do, like Windows NT. If it were up to me I probably would not have used Windows NT in this particular application ... Refining that is an ongoing process ... Unix is a better system for control of equipment and machinery, whereas NT is a better system for the transfer of information and data. NT has never been fully refined and there are times when we have had shutdowns that resulted from NT." ”

—Ro

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #24039

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I hear a massive thunderstorm in the distance. I know. Now static electricity -- on FM radio! Now chunks of rain slamming into the house. Lights ever-so-slightly dimming. Silent explosions of painful light. A long pause. Thunder rolling in, ever so closer. Closer still.

Hold me -- I'm scared!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #24040

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I hear a massive thunderstorm in the distance. I know. Now static electricity -- on FM radio! Now chunks of rain slamming into the house. Lights ever-so-slightly dimming. Silent explosions of painful light. A long pause. Thunder rolling in, ever so closer. Closer still.

Hold me -- I'm scared!!!
My arms aren't that long. I love a thunderstorm. We are getting them sometime tonight.

NEVER FORGET