Random Thoughts Thread - Page 240
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #2391
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Sometimes you guys scare me.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #2392
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Dead Oppusums smell really awful.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #2393

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sitting here quietly drinking coffee, smoking and considering finishing the cleaning on my Mosin-Nagant. I have 2 but one is covered in grease and dirt...the one I bought from the Classic Arms site. I'll be running Hoppes Copper Cleaner through both barrels because I'll be taking both, along with my AK-47 and AR-15 to Desert Sportsman's on Tuesday. Meeting a coworker who has a D.S. membership and we're going to spend a few hours sending rounds downrange. He said he might bring his Garand (among other rifles) so I might get a chance to fire that (said hopefully). Already cleaned the Eastbloc mags for the AK the other day. They were covered with oil. At least they were in good shape when I bought them. I'll probably load up a lot of mags for both the AK and AR so when we get there, I'll just have to place my targets and then load up and let loose. I'll also get to see how good (or bad) my el cheapo NcSTAR 3x by 9x scope for the AR is. Paid $80 for it at the last Cashman Field gun show (months ago).

Either today or Monday I'm going to hit the gun stores to see if anyone has 7-round mags for a Walther PPS .40 S&W. I only got one mag when I bought the gun at the end of August and the store didn't have any mags for it. Their website has them but I really don't want to wait that long to get them. I would like to take it to the range today and see what it feels like. That'll be a range report from Hell if I'm lousy with it.

Oh, Hell. I've got to get some 9mm ammo! I've got ammo for all my other weapons except the Beretta PX4 Storm. No ammo makes it just an expensive paperweight. I won't be able to give a range report if I don't have anything to run through it.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #2394

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I actually drove 3 hrs north saturday and back today on one of the busiest travel weekends of the year. Had some stuff to take care of, so I had no choice. I have never seen so many SHP's out in my life. I've driven that same path literally hundreds of times and this was the most I've seen. I don't think I drove for 5 miles without seeing someone pulled over or the radar guns not working. Amazing. I'm not saying anyting, I'm just sayin.

Also, I saw more N. C. plates than anyother one state except Ohio, of course. I had to see at least 50 different N. C. plates. I think that state was empty this past weekend.

It was Air Show weekend in Cleveland. While I did not go, I did get to see the Thunderbirds again. Friggin awesome stuff. I will never tire of it.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #2395
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Anything wrapped in Bacon is Delicious.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #2396

Eggplant is purple..it doesnt look like an egg, doesnt taste like an egg, doesnt feel like an egg........why in the f*** is it called an eggplant?

Painted rocks are a bad idea.

Why do people compare different dishes to chickin? For that matter, people must have had some TERRIBLE chicken!! I have had things like squirrel, woodchuck, frogs, snakes, and even a skunk once, not one of them taste like chickin! If you are eatin chickin that tastes like woodchuck, get yer money back!

Dont kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

Why dont cows like carrots?

Of all the condiments to choose from, my favorite (and the most versitile) would have to be tobasco sauce!

Hazing is funny.

Penecillin makes bad things go away but nothing can erase shame!

I like to see the word snot spelled out.

Now then......where did I put that rubber chicken?

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 09-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #2397
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 479 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 158

Why are Rolling Block actions so high priced these days? When I was a kid, you could get the whole rifle in .43 Spanish for about 12 bucks,,, crap.

Jeff

Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #2398
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Skullcrusher

I was up in Indianna this past week and came back through Cinncinnati and down 23-52 to Hunnington on my way back to North Carolina. I agree with you there seemed to be a State Trooper every 5 miles or so in Ohio. Nice country though.

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG

Old 09-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #2399

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Robert NC,

Ya know! Like I said, I've never seen so many. Good to hear that they were out in force in the western part as well. I doubt any of the Troopers had the day or weekend off. Ohio State Highway Patrol is pretty well respected and well trained. I've been pulled over by several of them, and I have yet to meet a total arse.

On the other hand, why did the State of NC vacate this weekend and head north?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #2400

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

<<<waved at a statie in OHIO with wife and he pulled us over and gave her a ticket. LOL she b itched at me the rest ofthe way to fremont.

I thought it was way to funny myself.

I don't like cops well I can't say that I don't like cops that give me tickets. If you are a cop and have not givin me a ticket your cool in my book.....