Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2398
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #23971
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2175 Times on 1320 Posts
Likes Given: 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Eye pad uses peach recognition soft where sew you donut need a key bored.
Must be equipped with that fancy Google Chrome that promotes "bettar spelling"...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

People Like This 
Old 04-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #23972

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I was just dreaming. I don't want to pay that much for anything like that. On the other hand, another young co-worker offered to sell me his HP laptop, 5 months old, for $100. He bought it, it doesn't do all he wants it to do, so he wants to sell it and get a different one. I think I'll take him up on that offer. But it has Windows 8 and my kids say I'll find it difficult to use. I'm not computer savvy and if it's unfamiliar to me, it might be difficult for me to use.
Windows 8 is annoying as hell. But if you get a simple app, you can make it look enough like Windows XP or Windows 7 that you can at least find your way around in it. Windows 8 makes your laptop look like an iPod or a Droid. Took me 15 minutes to stop trying to swipe the screen to get icons to move out of the way. Grrrr....

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #23973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
One of the most frustrating things to me was when I am typing something out and somehow it would bring up a pop-up menu for some reason that I did not want up, so I would have to figure out how to get back to where I was. It was only the matter of a few keystrokes or moving the cursor or something, but frustrating nonetheless. This machine (mine, not the loaner) has Windows 8 on it and I am having this issue when I am typing along and for some reason the cursor moves somewhere else on the page and starts inserting my words there. Depending on what sort of doc

OK, there now, all the sudden a window popped up for Windows Media Player Install, a program I never use. Ever. Don't know why it came up, I was just typing along. WTF?

so anyhow, depending on the document I am writing it can be a major problem for me, as I have to figure out where the cursor moved to, and where it should have been, how much of what I wrote got moved, etc., etc., and then try and get my mind back into what I was writing when I got derailed.

I hate my computer. I keep thinking of getting an Mac because they are so much more user-friendly for the non-techie (Hell, around here there are just as many techies who love Macs as non-techies).

OK, the "print" window just came up and I was nowhere near the damned "P" or the "ctrl" button. WTF!!!!????

The Mac preferences are probably much more prevalent here near Apple's Ground Zero though. Lots of people employed by them here.
That sounds like the dreaded touchpad on a laptop. You're typing along and during one keystroke the meat of your thumb touches the touchpad. The system interprets that as a click of the mouse and it moves the cursor to whereever on the screen the mouse cursor was parked when you started typing. That could be someplace else in the document you're typing, it could be a different app outside the current window, could be anything. And if you touch type quickly, you can give that random application God only knows what commands to execute with those next few keystrokes. Any time I have to work with a laptop, disabling that touchpad is my first considered action.

Balota

Old 04-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #23974

Sorry, making up for lost time!

Balota

People Like This 
Old 04-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #23975
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Sorry, making up for lost time!
heard any good rumors lately?

nope i haven't started any new ones lately!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #23976
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7638 Times on 4590 Posts
Likes Given: 9520

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
I'm debating between another 1911( rock island or ruger), a gp100, or a sig 226/229 in 357 sig...
Cheapest would be the gp, and i have no revolver yet.
Everyone should have at least one revolver.

Quote:
Unless his intentions don't line up with Winds expectations! I could see Winds being effective in her "communications"...
Gee, it's almost as if you've been on the receiving end of that.

Quote:
Windows 8 is annoying as hell. But if you get a simple app, you can make it look enough like Windows XP or Windows 7 that you can at least find your way around in it. Windows 8 makes your laptop look like an iPod or a Droid. Took me 15 minutes to stop trying to swipe the screen to get icons to move out of the way. Grrrr....
My youngest son said he could set it up so it looks just like Windows 7 for me. I believe he can.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #23977
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Everyone should have at least one revolver.

Gee, it's almost as if you've been on the receiving end of that.

My youngest son said he could set it up so it looks just like Windows 7 for me. I believe he can.
i like revolvers. just something classic and timeless about them.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #23978
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7638 Times on 4590 Posts
Likes Given: 9520

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i like revolvers. just something classic and timeless about them.
Absolutely. That's it. They are "classic".
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #23979

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Lol i love the look...
Another temptation is the blackhawk 45lc/45 acp convertable

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #23980
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9359 Times on 4035 Posts
Likes Given: 1471

Auto correct? Speech recognition?

Marry add a lid ill lam, id's fleas whir wide as know.

Yeah, works fine. Why do you ask?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This